Scandanavia/russia july 6-17 royal review starring florence the tiny zebra

bluenoser2

Marla,

Thank you so much for taking the rest of us along on your wonderful adventure! And yes, Florence looks like she has gotten adequate nourishment. What was her favorite port?

Happy belated Anniversary - DH and I were married on our Baltic Cruise - it was truly a nostalgic travelog.

Can't wait for your next cruise and live from! You should publish these, the book would be a best seller.

Thanks so much again, it's been so much fun!

Ginger

Brava, Brava!!!

Thank you, Marla! That was easily one of the best trip reports I've ever read (and I've read a LOT). I really enjoyed reliving this most wonderful trip.

OK, feeling guilty now. Gotta go get MY trip report done. I'm only up to Berlin...

So glad Florence has a new friend. You realize, of course, you have to take both of them on your next adventure or one will get jealous. Of course it is that line of thinking that has us taking on our BI cruise next month: Clancy (the Irish bear), his small lamb, Scott (the bagpipe playing bear), Cowie (the small highland cow), Nessie (needs no explanation), and a small Beefeater bear. Luckily none are larger than beanie baby size. But we get lots of smiles from people as we pose the current traveling companions. Also advise on other photo op sites.

Thanks to you (and special zebra-thanks to Florence) for your charming, entertaining and very informative review. You certainly have your own "voice" when you write, and it's delightful. I hope you'll keep writing about Florence and her travels -- she is one lucky girl-zebra to have such good traveling companions!

I really didn't think I would have much interest in this particular cruise but, after reading this excellent review, I have changed my thinking. Thanks for taking the time to do this write up and for the great pics as well.

Note: Every time I see a picture of Florence I think of the little girl with the unicorn in Despicable Me.

Aw, shucks....(several bobbing curtseys, blushing cheeks and embarrassed smiles to you all), thank you for your lovely compliments. You're too kind. I will go to sleep with a smile on my face for sure tonight. It's been an indulgent pleasure to write this and I thank those of you who hung in there to the end.

So to answer a few questions, when asked what her favourite port was, Florence refused to budge from her response of London, which really stirred the proverbial pot since I had told my offspring they weren't allowed to pick London, since it wasn't officially a port on this cruise. But Florence, stubborn little zebra that she is, (I don't know WHERE she gets that from) would not be moved. Seems we didn't put her in as many precarious positions there - we were just getting warmed up.

As to the question of the gang's favourite parts of the ship, I polled our family (not an easy task as 2 were out of province now, and the rest of us were - cue Willy Nelson - on the road again today). Here are the results:

DD2: The Piazza, the Lido Buffet, The Dining Room. (I sense a theme here....)

DD1: International Cafe. And in her editorial comment, "the showtimes kinda sucked" but she really liked the ones that weren't the Princess performers - the comedians, magician, and the Russian group.

DS:

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B423%3Dot%3E2859%3D983%3D%3B28%3D3768983%3A37348nu0mrj

(note the green sign....any port in a storm, right?)

When asked, he replied "I liked that there were no hairy chest competitions". "And they didn't push selling the drinks".

DH: The Princess Live Theatre and The Seawalk (go figure!)

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8%3B%3A%3B%3Dot%3E369%3B%3D%3B48%3D925%3DXROQDF%3E2859%3A43833257ot1lsi

Me: The walking track up on deck 17 with the exercise equipment, and the Horizon Bistro, and the International Cafe, and the Piazza, and the shelf in the shower, and the bed, and.......

Florence:

But of course....the big balcony (Florence lives for danger....one of these days....you may end up being Florence's foster parent if you're below us!)

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4844%3Dot%3E369%3B%3D%3B48%3D925%3DXROQDF%3E28599%3C7929257ot1lsi

And, for the ongoing saga of Florence and her new beau Vlad....stay tuned..I'm sure the adventure will continue. Somewhere. Somehow. But he won't fit in my purse.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7675%3Dot%3E369%3B%3D%3B48%3D925%3DXROQDF%3E28596565%3A%3B257ot1lsi

Great review, wonderful pictures! Thanks for taking the time to share your travel experiences with your family. You have what I feel is one of the most important attributes to successful travel - that is an open mind. Nothing seems to faze you and that is so important when traveling, because when you are out there, stuff happens and sometimes you just need to go with the flow!

Glad you are home to Canada safe and sound!

Ron

Will miss your humorous and informative review, have enjoyed being on board with you and yours throughout the Baltic Cruise.

August 30th our Baltic Cruise adventure begins.

Maria, thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Marla

Thoroughly enjoyed your review. My Wife & I cruised the Baltics on the Royal at the end of June, so we were able to relate to everything you said.

Our favourite part of the ship, apart from our state room was the Piazza, International Café area, we used to sit there for hours, so much going on. Loved all the ports, except a disappointing Gothenburg, which you missed anyway.

We also used SPB tours in St Petersburg.

Thanks again to you and your family and not forgetting Florence of course.

Rob

Thanks everybody; you make my day. (And my day was pretty boring so you really wouldn't want to hear about it).

Pia, I look forward to your next "live from" and will practice some new languages to try out then - I will live vicariously through your world cruise!!!

Now if I could just figure out how to get the duct tape off Florence, and wash her up......

Thank you for your excellent review.

I think it is great that you and your hubby travel with your kids.

It is apparent that your sense of humor adds to your family's vacations.

Happy Anniversary and I hope you all continue to enjoy travels together.