E-visa requirements for Turkey

Kteacher

I know that the regulations changed this past April, but there still seems to be conflicting info on whether an E-visa is needed for cruise ship passengers visiting a port in Turkey for less than 72 hours, but traveling outside of the port city. Do U.S. citizens stopping in Kusadesi, but visiting Ephesus need e-visas?

We were told the same thing. For our trip, we were notified by Celebrity, both via email and phone that we needed them. We had them in hand when we went to check in. Apparently not everyone did, and Celebrity did arrange them for some people.

Also, no one ever asked to see our passports or visas when we docked in Kusadesi, and we did take a privately arranged tour to Ephesus. We did an overnight in Istanbul and did not need them when we were considered in transit, but when we disembarked we did need them along with passports.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Algebralovr

So now I'm confused. If our port of call is Kusadesi, and we will be touring Ephesus for the day, will we need a visa?

No, only if you are embarking(beginning) or disembarking(ending) in Turkey. If it is just a port of call for the day or up to 72 hours you do not need one,

So now I'm confused. If our port of call is Kusadesi, and we will be touring Ephesus for the day, will we need a visa?

No, I was just there in June and did not need a visa.

I was just in Istanbul for a cruise in May. Yes just a small change in the rules.

If you are just transiting through Istanbul or Kusadasi by cruise ship (meaning you are not starting or ending your cruise there) then there are no changes and no visa is required.

If on the other hand you are starting or ending your cruise there then you need to obtain the e-visa ahead of time. It is very easy to do. You do it on line just like obtaining an Australia ETA and in minutes you have it and just print it off. Be sure to have a credit card and your passport at your computer terminal when you fill in the e-visa as you will need information for it for the e-visa.

Very easy.

Keith

Currently in Istanbul now. The visa check was only done once we disembarked the cruise for good. The previous day we were in Istanbul overnighting and no visa required plus Ephesus the day before.

We are embarking and disembarking on a cruise in Istanbul shortly and so have organised an e visa.

Previously visas could be obtained at the Turkish airport on arrival but no longer. Believe the rules changed in April of this year.