Which Balcony on Caribbean Princess

roverix

My choice would definitely be Caribe deck, for the larger, as well as half-covered, balconies. I also much prefer the cabins in the C700s, which are the aftward ones. Aft of the aft elevators tends to be a nice quiet, low traffic area. Those cabins are convenient to the elevators and stairs, and a quick trip up to the Horizon Court.

Trying to decide on which cabin to select. We are trying to decide between the aft or forward balcony on either the aloha, baja or caribe deck. Please help.

Be advised that there are two types of 'aft' balcony cabins. One type of aft balcony are the balconies across the stern of the ship. Also referred to as an aft balcony are those balconies along the side of the ship from about 2/3 of the way back from the bow. You should note carefully which type of aft balcony is being referred to by posters.

The true aft balconies offer a different cruise experience than those along the side of the ship. JMO, but a balcony on the side of the ship is just a balcony regardless of whether it is in the front or towards the back of the ship. True aft balconies tend to be larger than the side balconies (even those on Caribe deck). They are quieter and have more shade. They also have a wonderful view. OTOH, some do not like the location since they are futher from most activities. The true aft balconies also have more noise from the wake of the ship which some find annoying.

All that said, we were on CB last March and really enjoyed our aft balcony, B749. We much prefer aft balconies so we tend to reserve our balconies as soon as the cruise is offered for sale. Reserve early to get your pick.

We booked a BE balcony near the front of the ship. It's convenient to the theater and the spa pool. We eat our meals in the dining room when it's open, so we don't need to be near the Horizon Court.

I'd pick an aft balcony or any of the 12 mini suites on the Emerald deck on the Caribbean Princess. My absolute favorite are the the Emerald minis because of less foot traffic and close proximity to the aft elevators, and one floor down to the Promenade. If you choose a balcony, try to get a Caribe deck. The balcony is nice and large.

Edited by brentlym

AFT!! We're also booked on B749 for November.. Tell me more Rocketman!!

Rocketman & Cbreit, We too have booked B749 for August 2015 on CP. Wanted C753 but it was already sold over a year in advance. Yes in deed, these are the best cabins on the ship.

Too bad Princess finally caught up to the pricing of these once BB Cat. cabins. All the best to you Folks in this. cabin. "Keep a Light ON for US"

I will tell you Caribe is the way to go for sure, however my recommendation is not for a cabin to get but one to avoid. On the CB the noisiest balcony cabin we have ever been in was C628 (and the room directly across on the other side of the ship) which was directly across from the freight/room service elevators which were used to deliver luggage on the first day (and collect luggage the last night) and then the clanking of room service carts at all hours of the day made for a less than restful experience at times.

AFT!! We're also booked on B749 for November.. Tell me more Rocketman!!

We took our first cruise this week last year to celebrate our retirement. We booked Freedom on RCI. It was mid summer and RCI was pretty much our only choice. We really didn't know what we were doing but I had learned about aft balconies here on CC so I tried to get one. I just couldn't find one and then one night there must have been a cancellation or something because there was one available. I jumped on it. Now my wife won't let me book anything other than aft, true aft, balconies.

I think you'll enjoy that cabin. As you know it's nearer to the side of the ship than the other aft cabins on that deck. You can't see forward along the side of the ship but you do have an unobstructed view to the side. The deck plans show a blank spot to the outside of this room. This is a staircase used by the crew and only available to passengers during an evacuation. This staircase does block the forward view but does not block the view to the sides. The balcony is pretty much covered and about eight feet deep.

The balcony is large by cruise ship standards and it is at least as large as the caribe balconies so you're not giving up anything in that regard. The cabin is pretty much typical. We really enjoyed the room.

One bit of advice. Please consider booking the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Here's a link to a youtube video showing the product.

We booked it for our anniversary and my wife said she has never been made to feel as special as she was that night. I think it is $100 but it is well worth the money. Just think of it as shore excursion and do it. You will not regret it. They only do three a night since it is very manpower intensive so book early. (We booked through Princess and our PCA was able to book the UBD prior to the cruise.)

Once you book the UBD, Room Service contacts you to work out the details on time, menu, etc. They bring you a cocktail and a bottle of wine. There are appetizers, salad, choice of entry (lobster, filet, or a combination), dessert, and petite fours. There is a waiter and an assistant. They bring everything to you and serve it in courses just like the MDR. It was a most enjoyable experience. This also includes a complimentary 9x12 photograph by one of the ship's photographers.

There was sufficient room on the balcony to set up a full table for two. In fact, you could have done a four top if you needed too. As I said it is about eight feet deep so there is plenty of room.

You can relax. You have a very wonderful room to look forward too.

We're doing Emerald in Oct 15. We would have gone back to this room but we've decided to try a Vista Suite. (it's only money).