Uniworld SS Antoinette Review June 25-July 8 Castles on The Rhine

amd1234

I had written a review a few weeks ago but it has never been published. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful I wanted to write a brief description of this wonderful experience. This was our second River cruise with Uniworld last year we cruised Burgundy & Provence. We booked a French Balcony #301 perfect location but honestly you can save money by booking aquarium class you spend so little time in cabin. The ship is decorated beautifully our cabin small but very compact. Loved the bed linens and comfy coverlets. The staff was amazing and this year Uniworld is all inclusive so everything is included except for a few optional excurisions . Excellent choice at meals and lunch was a buffet but with a wonderful soup, salad sandwiches .. I can't forget the gelato ..you will not go hungry. Tea in the afternoon with a selection of pastries.

I will give you a brief description of the excurisions .. Loved the Cathedral in Cologne.

Koblenz.. Walking tour least favorite too long guide very knowledgable but long winded. People took the optional Aerial Tram to Fortress and enjoyed it.

Doktorenhof Vinegar tasting.. We loved it..

We did not take the Tour to Marksburg Castle or the Tour of Heidelberg.

Optional tour of The Black Forest a very long day but we enjoyed it and glad we went. Great... Black Forest Cake...

Two favorites a don't miss is Strasbourg and 2 Alasatian Villages Kayserberg & Riquewihr.

We enjoyed meeting people from so many counties and the passengers ranged in age from 40's to 92( wonderful people from England).. This was truly a memorable vacation we are Uniworld cheerleaders.

If anyone has questions about precruise and post cruise I will gladly answer them.. We did Amsterdam three nights planned on our own and Lucerne with Uniworld.

The cruise critic a few years ago wouldn't post a review not concise enough..

Don't think that will be an issue here in this board... We are all sooo hungry for river reports! Glad you got past the end of trip issues and can focus on the great adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering as well what happened with your review. In fact, I looked last night and couldn't find it... Oh well - glad you had a great time! Thanks for coming back and posting here. :)

We are also Uniworld fans and are looking forward to the same cruise this fall, with 3 nights post-cruise in Amsterdam. We have booked a well located hotel, Banks Mansion, and it looks like we can walk to pretty much wherever we'd like to go. Did you happen to use the IAmsterdam card? We're thinking of buying passes for 2 days for the unlimited use of trams (we do have some walking issues), the canal tour and admittance to several museums. We'll buy tickets ahead of time for the Ann Frank House as that is not included in the pass. Just wondering if you think it might be worth it.

We didn't buy the pass ... We purchased tickets for Anne Frank on line (the lines were unbelievable at least two hrs) we also purchased tickets for the Rikesmuseum and Van Gogh . We walked everywhere and took the tram a few times. You can buy a one day pass on the tram. We just purchased the tickets as needed not expensive... We asked the desk person at our Hotel what number tram to take they were very helpful. Trams go both ways just take the tram in the correct direction.oops ... We took the tram going wrong direction on our first day. We also took a ride on a pedal bike after an exhausting day of walking really fun.. Enjoy we loved Amsterdam great restaurants ..

We stayed at the Hotel Schiller fabulous location. I had been on the Amsterdam Forum and decided to try bidding on Priceline. I tried a few times and finally success .. A four star Hotel for $100 dollars. When we arrived early they had our room ready and it was upgraded to a Jr suite. We loved it.

We had a great Italian meal at a restaurant we happened to just find by mistake. Capresse . There are so many places to eat..can't remember where it was!