Cruise Considered BDB or 2 Separate Cruises

Jadn13

Does anyone know how Princess decides or what goes

into Princess calling a booking a BDB or 2 Separate Cruises?

If this is a formula I can't figure it out.

However it is decided it ultimately effects your Captain Circle Benefits along with OBC.

Thanks in advance for any input.

It depends on how you book it. If you book it as one cruise, you get one booking number. This will give you one cruise credit, but if you call Princess after the cruise they will give the second one.

If you book it as two cruises. You will have two booking numbers.

Look at the price for each way. Be sure to take any OBC you are eligible for. Sometimes we are better off booking one cruise, other times two is better.

If it is close I book it as two cruises. Better chance for a price drop

Recently booked a 14 day caribbean cruise. It was sold as 7 day cruises

or one 14. Price was better for us to book as 14 day. When I look at my cruise history after I booked it(shows as pending cruise), it shows 2 credits instead of one. In the past I had to see Circle host on board or call Princess to give me the extra credit. It appears no longer necessary to do this.

We have one booking number.

Edited by san diego sue

In April, we did a back to back - transatlantic followed by a British Isles cruise. We were classified as "intransit" on turn around day. We didn't have to disembark, we stayed on and had a wonderful lunch and some leisure time while watching people embark.

We received twi mini bars, two OBC and my husband got two military credits. We had the same cabin so no additional moving or packing up our belongings.

The price for BTB in our case was just a tad more, but the credits/benefits more than made up for it.

It depends on how you book it. If you book it as one cruise, you get one booking number. This will give you one cruise credit, but if you call Princess after the cruise they will give the second one.

If you book it as two cruises. You will have two booking numbers.

Look at the price for each way. Be sure to take any OBC you are eligible for. Sometimes we are better off booking one cruise, other times two is better.

If it is close I book it as two cruises. Better chance for a price drop

We are booked on CB as a 9 nighter that can also be a 4 and 5 nighter,with one booking #,and the personalizer is showing it as 2 cruise credits.

As was previously stated, it depends on how you booked it. We booked two cruises next year and spent some time with the Future Cruise Rep. deciding what was the most advantageous way for us to go. It turned our two cruises were better than booking as one and we were able to get the same stateroom for both.

There is no simple answer and each situation needs to be thoroughly examined as to which is better.

or one 14. Price was better for us to book as 14 day. When I look at my cruise history after I booked it(shows as pending cruise), it shows 2 credits instead of one. In the past I had to see Circle host on board or call Princess to give me the extra credit. It appears no longer necessary to do this.

Same for us--two credits, not just one.

In April, we did a back to back - transatlantic followed by a British Isles cruise. We were classified as "intransit" on turn around day. We didn't have to disembark, we stayed on and had a wonderful lunch and some leisure time while watching people embark.

We received two mini bars, two OBC and my husband got two military credits. We had the same cabin so no additional moving or packing up our belongings.

The price for BTB in our case was just a tad more, but the credits/benefits more than made up for it.

In your case, each segment was longer than most cruises and the credits/benefits made it better to book as two cruises.

If it was two seven-day cruises, the math might be different.

As a single cruise, $250 military OBC, $250 stockholder OBC, $200 FCC OBC (assuming balcony).

As two seven-day cruises, $200 military OBC total, $200 stockholder OBC total, $200 FCC OBC total(assuming balcony).

Would, if elite, get the mini-bar setup each segment no matter which way it is booked.

We received twi mini bars, two OBC and my husband got two military credits. We had the same cabin so no additional moving or packing up our belongings.

It pays to do the math. We ended up better as 2 separate cruises on out B2B for Sept.

Sometimes it makes a difference whether or not you can get the same cabin.

Funny how Princess does this different for different guests. We are booked on the same cruise, booked just like you, as one 14 day cruise with one booking number. When I look at our cruise history on Princess, it shows as one credit. Guess I will have to see the Circle host on board to receive the extra credit.

Funny how Princess does this different for different guests. We are booked on the same cruise, booked just like you, as one 14 day cruise with one booking number. When I look at our cruise history on Princess, it shows as one credit. Guess I will have to see the Circle host on board to receive the extra credit.

Just call Princess or your TA and it can easily be fixed. Princess charged my wife 2 FCC on a single cruise. I noticed it when booking another cruise and called and had it fixed.

I did have to call twice. The first person discovered I had booked through a TA and told me to deal with them and that she couldn't help me. I waited 10 minutes and called back and pressed a different number on the menu options. I explained my issue to the person on the phone and she fixed it immediately.

That is so strange that you aren't showing the 2 credits.

Possibly you booked before I did and Princess wasn't doing it that way then.

Although we booked way back last December.

No, that's can't be it because we didn't book until March or April of this year. I will call this week and see what they say.