just off CB

sunsetme

everything was fine, good cruise. Sitting in FLL now thunderstorms. had good service loved the 5 pools and promenade deck that you can actually walk around. Food was surprisingly good most meals. had wonderful weather. Entertainment not the best but Passion and Mariachis were good. CD was a putz.

Loved having balcony on Caribe deck, wonderful cabin steward. Had anytime dining and we were given a beeper aboyut 1/2 wait, taken to Palm dining room on 3 nights. Tried Crab Shack which we enjoyed.

Question about the crab shack - I don't really like anything on the menu but hubby will be ecstatic! Will I be able to order something else if he's eating all the seafoord? Is it in the buffet area? Thanks!

We just got off today as well. This was our 6th time on the CB and found this cruise to be a fabulous cruise in every way!!! It was no secret that this ship was my least favorite in the fleet...well, tremendous improvements in ALL areas. The dining room food was some of the best we've had on 20 Princess cruises. Housekeeping took a turn for the better also. Excellent room steward. Our Caribe balcony was a delight. Service extremely attentive. You can see that carpeting is being replaced a bit at a time...in more contemporary neutrals pushing out the coral and aqua tones. Considering we were on a brand new ship (the Royal) several months ago, I'd go on this ship again in a minute. Need I say more?

So glad to hear this as i'm on her in 55 days! I'm loyal to Royal and this will be my first Princess Cruise. I hope I like it! Having said that, any cruise is paradise!!

Medical Emergency on board the CB right now and she is going back to port.

everything was fine, good cruise. Sitting in FLL now thunderstorms. had good service loved the 5 pools and promenade deck that you can actually walk around. Food was surprisingly good most meals. had wonderful weather. Entertainment not the best but Passion and Mariachis were good. CD was a putz.

Loved having balcony on Caribe deck, wonderful cabin steward. Had anytime dining and we were given a beeper aboyut 1/2 wait, taken to Palm dining room on 3 nights. Tried Crab Shack which we enjoyed.

Were you on the Royal in February? Your name seems familiar from the roll call. Anyway, the mariachi band was terrific! I agree about the cruise director...just so-so. We were in C701 and also LOVE those Caribe balconies. We never had a wait in either anytime DR's. Promenade deck nice, but we also enjoyed the Royal's promenade seating areas.

We just got off today as well. This was our 6th time on the CB and found this cruise to be a fabulous cruise in every way!!! It was no secret that this ship was my least favorite in the fleet...well, tremendous improvements in ALL areas. The dining room food was some of the best we've had on 20 Princess cruises. Housekeeping took a turn for the better also. Excellent room steward. Our Caribe balcony was a delight. Service extremely attentive. You can see that carpeting is being replaced a bit at a time...in more contemporary neutrals pushing out the coral and aqua tones. Considering we were on a brand new ship (the Royal) several months ago, I'd go on this ship again in a minute. Need I say more?

I agree, we fully enjoyed the CB... It was great!

Thanks for posting your review. We sail on the CB next Saturday. I think you had the western itinerary. For some reason, Princess is doing back-to-back eastern itineraries this week and on our cruise.

Thank you for your brief but encouraging review. We are on CB in October for the first time so great to hear. Bad news about the CD. We have always eperienced gread CD's on each of our cruises with differnt lines. I can't understand why Princess keep him on with so many bad reports of. They can be important for some cruisers for the cruise enjoyment.

Thank you for your brief but encouraging review. We are on CB in October for the first time so great to hear. Bad news about the CD. We have always eperienced gread CD's on each of our cruises with differnt lines. I can't understand why Princess keep him on with so many bad reports of. They can be important for some cruisers for the cruise enjoyment.

There is a CD who is disliked by everyone; have never heard one good thing about him. And he's still around. Be careful what you wish for. You could get stuck with the other one.

My biggest complaint about this CD is that he is not very engaging. We hardly saw him on the ship. The one time we saw him outside of his official capacity, he was having drinks in the Wheelhouse with other crew members. Then there was the misinformation he gave during the "Wake Show" on our Christmas cruise. (He said the cruise qualified for the special promotion even though it was excluded.)

But in the overall scheme of things, I don't look at who the CD is going to be before booking a cruise. As we found out this spring, even the official email we received from Princess was wrong. We were supposed to have a different CD starting on our cruise, but this CD extended his tour of duty by one cruise just so he could sail with us again.