Caribbean Princess: Medical Emergency

rkacruiser

Just heard on the marine radio on Fort Lauderdale web cam that Caribbean Princess has to return to port and disembark a passenger that has suffered a stroke.

Prayers for the affected guest and for her family!

Looks like she has slowed a bit to 8 knots, but hasn't turned back yet. Vision of the Seas is just coming out of the port, and there are two more ships to depart today -- maybe they will hold the other two to let her get back in.

Edited by mac_tlc

There is, what, a "golden hour" that I have read about for stroke victims? Depending upon the cause of the stroke, there is a drug that is quite effective. Not knowing what is the cause of this lady's illness, I hope the ship's medical staff will have been able to determine what the cause may be and, if so, I am sure would have communicated that to the medical staff of the hospital that will treat her.

Having had a family member who suffered a stroke and its consequences, I pray that she will benefit from the advances in medicine in recent years.

Thoughts go out to the family. I hope the passenger is all right. Such a horrible thing to happen on what should be one of the best times of your life!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

exactly what i was going to post and then i read this. its so sad for the whole family. this poor woman may have saved a long time for this trip and then this happens. the medical team on board is great and i pray for her well-being.

There is, what, a "golden hour" that I have read about for stroke victims? Depending upon the cause of the stroke, there is a drug that is quite effective. Not knowing what is the cause of this lady's illness, I hope the ship's medical staff will have been able to determine what the cause may be and, if so, I am sure would have communicated that to the medical staff of the hospital that will treat her.

Having had a family member who suffered a stroke and its consequences, I pray that she will benefit from the advances in medicine in recent years.

Yes, my grandfather suffered a stroke while he was on holiday (vacation to the Americans ;) ) about fifteen years ago and medicine and technology has come on leaps and bounds since then. I hope she gets the treatment she needs fast. That first hour certainly is crucial!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums