Interesting news on Oasis of the Seas Post Dry Dock

I am sailing on the first Caribbean itinerary for the Oasis post dry dock (10/27). Thus far there has been very little information from RC as to what will happen during dry dock aside from the announcement Cats will replace Hairspray as the musical.

I am anticipating the Oasis would be enhanced to include some of the things the Allure has such as iPhone docking station clocks. I don't have any inside information on this change just a thought or more like wishful thinking 😊. I have read speculation on CC that the Sea Food Shack will be replaced and the hot dog stand will be added, if true, two good updates, IMO. However, I was surprised when my TA forwarded me an response from the group department regarding my request to reserve the Pinnacle Lounge. The response advised the Pinnacle Lounge will be removed from the ship during dry dock.

I checked the Oasis deck plans on RC website and the Pinnacle Lounge still shows on deck 17. What will replace the Pinnacle Lounge? I thought another lounge/ bar but the Viking Crown Lounge is on 17 and was far from crowded any night during my sailings on the Oasis or Allure. Two lounges on deck 17 does not seem like a money maker.

The Pinnacle Lounge is fairly large, and we thought that it was very pretty. Certainly as big as the Diamond Lounge down on deck 6. However all it was is a lounge - no kind of kitchen at all, so I would think that that would be a huge undertaking to install a kitchen up there. I don't think that it would be large enough to accommodate a kitchen and restaurant. Also since it is right beside the Chapel, wouldn't that be sort of noisy if there was a restaurant right there?

I thought the Pinnacle lounge while very pretty and a great view was underused. They could be putting in more cabins just speculation on my part but another way to increase revenue.

I thought the Pinnacle lounge while very pretty and a great view was underused. They could be putting in more cabins just speculation on my part but another way to increase revenue.

You're probably right. I remember Richard Fain talking about the CL suites once and saying he wished they had installed more of them.

Cabins is my guess.

The Pinnacle Lounge is fairly large, and we thought that it was very pretty. Certainly as big as the Diamond Lounge down on deck 6. However all it was is a lounge - no kind of kitchen at all, so I would think that that would be a huge undertaking to install a kitchen up there. I don't think that it would be large enough to accommodate a kitchen and restaurant. Also since it is right beside the Chapel, wouldn't that be sort of noisy if there was a restaurant right there?
Actually the chapel is starboard of the elevators, and Pinnacle Lounge is port, so no noise issue.

I've wandered through Pinnacle Lounge at least once of all four of my O-class voyages and I have NEVER seen another person in there (I don't think 99% of the passengers have a clue it exists for public use), so doesn't surprise me that they would plan to put something there.

Thom

We came off the Oasis yesterday and I spoke with the activities director and out loft attendant both of whom confirmed they were moving or eliminating the Pinnacle Lounge and moving the chapel. They will also be reducing the size of the Viking Crown Lounge. They will be adding two new Royal Suites (one story, not lofts) and replacing the current Royal Suite with six standard balcony staterooms. There was some speculation they would add a few more crown lofts and a specialty dining restaurant for the loft area (not sure if it will be open to all GS and above suites or just suites on 17), but I am not sure if that will happen. This is what those two gentlemen told me, but I am sure it is subject to change. There may be other things they do not know/could not disclose, but it is fun to speculate.

I'm sorry they are moving that chapel. I think the Oasis Class chapels are the nicest in the Royal Caribbean fleet.

I were the Queen of Royal Caribbean, I would move the current Diamond/Diamond Plus/ Pinnacle Lounge to the Deck 17 Pinnacle Lounge so that there will be windows instead of the current windowless lounge. If I recall cotrrectly, those two lounges are about the same size.

Then the existing Deck Six lounge could be something else. It has the nice patio area that overlooks the Prominade area. That entire lounge/patio could be a very nice indoor suite, maybe for families that worry about their children on balconies open to the ocean.

We came off the Oasis yesterday and I spoke with the activities director and out loft attendant both of whom confirmed they were moving or eliminating the Pinnacle Lounge and moving the chapel. They will also be reducing the size of the Viking Crown Lounge. They will be adding two new Royal Suites (one story, not lofts) and replacing the current Royal Suite with six standard balcony staterooms. There was some speculation they would add a few more crown lofts and a specialty dining restaurant for the loft area (not sure if it will be open to all GS and above suites or just suites on 17), but I am not sure if that will happen. This is what those two gentlemen told me, but I am sure it is subject to change. There may be other things they do not know/could not disclose, but it is fun to speculate.

Along with Emmy will be on the TA so will find out.

When on the Inde had Lunch with the Hotel Director who told me there is going to be a new speciality restaurant on the Oasis and to expect an invite to test out the Menu before it opens to general cruisers when the ship gets to the Caribbean, never thought to ask him where this will be, know the cupcake place is moving to the Boardwalk

When on the Inde had Lunch with the Hotel Director who told me there is going to be a new speciality restaurant on the Oasis and to expect an invite to test out the Menu before it opens to general cruisers when the ship gets to the Caribbean, never thought to ask him where this will be, know the cupcake place is moving to the Boardwalk

Maybe Wonderland like on the Quantum? Something a little quirky to go along with Wonderland or Q-Sine on Celebrity :cool:

George is you need help taste testing the new specialty restaurant I am volunteering :)

All very interesting. :)

We just completed a week on the Oasis yesterday. While speaking of the scheduled renovations for dry dock one of the waiters in the dining room told us that they were putting a speciality restaurant for the exclusive use of the Crown Loft suites to replace the Viking Lounge and that the Seafood Shack was slated to be replaced with a "Margaritaville" but now they were scrambling because the contract "fell through", but again this is all hearsay. Time will tell.:)

I like the idea of moving DL up there and making the current DL a specialty restaurant. The view is great!

I cant imagine they need anymore suites....everyone that has stayed in a Loft that I know of has gotten it as an upgrade or offered it for a few hundred bucks more than the GS or OS they had booked....

I guess we will know soon enough.

The person that told us about the Pinnacle Lounge changing into a large suite also said he was under the impression that the Viking Crown Lounge area would be similar to what Oasis 3 would have. He did say he thought it would have a concierge area and a food area but didn't go into it in detail about the food area and whether it would be a dining area for the suites or a specialty dining room.

The person that told us about the Pinnacle Lounge changing into a large suite also said he was under the impression that the Viking Crown Lounge area would be similar to what Oasis 3 would have. He did say he thought it would have a concierge area and a food area but didn't go into it in detail about the food area and whether it would be a dining area for the suites or a specialty dining room.

Bummer! I know they are thinking of taking away the VCL, but I was really hoping not. Such a beautiful place to hang out and just talk away from all the bustle and with such a view especially when you are with friends who are not D+ or Pinnacle. On Navigator I noticed that the VCL was now under a new name and I was not happy with that.

... On Navigator I noticed that the VCL was now under a new name and I was not happy with that.
On Navagator Deck plans the main bar area is identified as Cosmopolitan Club, but the whole 14th deck is still identified as VCL. This seems standard RCI practice (eg the main bar in Voyager VCL is High Notes, in Freedom VCL is Olive or Twist, etc).

Thom