Looking for annual Med & Eva Ins 80 year old

pris993

Looking online at insurance options for anyone 80+ year of age, having hard time finding health/medical for more than $10,000 ... would like to purchase an annual package vs per trip ins for medical and emergency evacaution.

Anyone have experience with insurance like this?

I work for doctors so know $10,000 medical is nothing if one needs to go to an ER for any serious problem. i

I suggest you contact

TripInsuranceStore.com

But phone them, don't just try to read through everything on the website, as your needs are very specific for your age.

They'll help you find whatever is the best possible coverage for you.

We use TravelInsured for now, but those rates will go up, I think, when we get just a few years older, so we'll want to re-evaluate.

(However, they paid a claim without a lot of nonsense, so we'll keep that in mind. No point having insurance if the insurer will make it difficult to collect, etc.)

We also purchase the annual MedJetAssist for any actual evacuation *home*. This would only kick in if we are at least 150 miles from home, but it will medevac us to "the hospital of OUR choice" from any hospital where we are admitted as an inpatient.

We like the fact that no beancounter will step in, and also no local medical care provided would be put in the position of declaring themselves "unsuitable" for medical needs.

GeezerCouple

Maybe take a look at insuremytrip.com also. I recently bought insurance for an upcoming trip and the information and so many choices was mind boggling so I called their 800 number. Was pleasantly surprised to be helped by a knowledgeable person, I explained what I was most interested in being covered for and they forwarded policies to me via email so I could read them more thoroughly. When I was ready to book I still had a question or two, called again and made my decision. Hopefully the insurance will not be needed but it is a huge weight off my mind.

Try Medjetassist.com. They offer an annual medevac package with hospital of choice.

I'm not sure what their age cutoff is, though, 80 might be too old. When my dad turned 80, we basically accepted that we could only travel with him to US locations where his Medicare was valid.

If you do qualify, do an online search for a promo code, which usually knocks off a significant amount.

Thanks for the info, I will be calling insuremytrip.... have talked to Travel Guard, who we have used before. Got a quote for an annual package, designed for "business travelers" that sounds good but will compare before I purchase. The business traveler annual plan, covers a variety of things, including $50,000 medical $500,000 emergency evacuation for the two of us for $516. Since I am not trying to cover travel expenses, this is more like what I want. Unlimited number of trips per year, not more 90 days, at least 100 miles away from home and overnight.

Medjet will insure you up to age 85 under their diamond plan (you have to ask them for the rates if you are over 75 years old). You get a discount if you book through AARP.

Not sure what the cost would be to switch to a medigap policy that includes foreign medical costs, but that might be the least expensive way to get emergency medical coverage anywhere in the world up to a limit (I think $50K, but it may have changed). Medigap is good forever....just pay every month. That was one of the factors that caused us to pick medicare F when I signed up....but there are six or seven policies that would cover you.

Looking online at insurance options for anyone 80+ year of age, having hard time finding health/medical for more than $10,000 ... would like to purchase an annual package vs per trip ins for medical and emergency evacaution.

Anyone have experience with insurance like this?

I work for doctors so know $10,000 medical is nothing if one needs to go to an ER for any serious problem. i

Have you called (not e-mailed) the major on-line insurance providers. That is what I would do.

DON