Bedtime chocolates GONE!

cruisestitch

You think that they would have used those unused chocolates in the chocolate fountain, or perhaps .... and that is why that no longer exists.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You think that they would have used those unused chocolates in the chocolate fountain, or perhaps .... and that is why that no longer exists.

Happy cruising

I thought some said that the chocolate fountains are still there, just in the buffet.

Bedtime Chocoltes gone ? Sad.

We usually don't eat them on the cruise but bring them home... Makes for a nice nibble / indulgence that can transport you back to the cruise (same way that using Ship Shampoo can do)

We will therefore miss them

A nice little cruise extra that makes cruising different than home... Or even most Hotels.

Mind you... I get the WHY

Price of cocoa is rising... And Hershey & Mars have both announced they'll be raising the price on chocolate bars (10% or more)

So understandable

Just sad to see this tradition disappear in the wake (that is if it truly is happening)

When I pull up the link, I get: Luxury Expedition Cruise Ship to Undergo Month-Long Refurbishment. About Silverseas.

See you are from Hayward, CA, I lived there for a few years after I got out of high school....many, many years ago.

Whoops, try this instead: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5928

We live in Hayward, but I grew up in Fremont. Bay Area born and raised!

We're booked w/ Princess next year on an itinerary not offered by Royal Caribbean nor Celebrity.

Regarding chocolates, I thought discontinuing them on Royal was petty, and will think the same on Celebrity. When you consider the percentage the chocolates cost of our cruise fare, it's sad they discontinued them.

We ate them, and now we bring our own. Also, why don't they recycle the aluminum? Why don't they use the left over chocolate for baking? If they can't give it to the passengers, I bet the crew would like the treats.

Maybe Celebrity should take a look at this survey

"One thing is for certain, chocolate makes people happy," Love said. In fact, in a national survey conducted by Princess, 58 percent of women said they would choose chocolate over sex, while 53 percent said they would turn to chocolate over a friend who's feeling sad. Plus, 81 percent said that chocolate improves their moods.

Norman Love Chocolates are made right here in Ft Myers Florida and they are little bites of heaven! They are so beautiful too - edible art work, his desserts defy description. I've never sailed on Princess but those that do are going to be in for some really great treats!

Norman Love Chocolates are made right here in Ft Myers Florida and they are little bites of heaven! They are so beautiful too - edible art work, his desserts defy description. I've never sailed on Princess but those that do are going to be in for some really great treats!

Hi Jane!

When I see cutbacks like the chocolates, flowers on the table on Royal Caribbean ships, etc. It makes me wonder how many cutbacks are happening that we DON'T see.

There are mo more flowers on Celebrity tables in the MDR either. They did away with those like a year or two ago at least.

Maybe Celebrity should take a look at this survey

"One thing is for certain, chocolate makes people happy," Love said. In fact, in a national survey conducted by Princess, 58 percent of women said they would choose chocolate over sex, while 53 percent said they would turn to chocolate over a friend who's feeling sad. Plus, 81 percent said that chocolate improves their moods.

So 58% of women prefer chocolate to sex. Yet Celebrity has stopped providing chocolate at bedtime. Maybe the cruise line has a hidden agenda :rolleyes:

Edited by Balloon Man

LOL! Good thing my DH doesn't read these boards...he doesn't even know they leave chocolates in the evening because I've always gotten to them first!

I tried to do that and nearly lost a hand. he likes them as much as I do...DARN! I will miss them. It is just another little luxury gone out of my life.

Edited by dorisis