Shot glasses from wine tasting

I remember when there was always a bowl of fresh fruit waiting in your cabin at embarkation, and your steward would replenish as needed. Good apples, not so good grapes.

Now there is a card in the cabin to order the bowl of fruit.

This way, you only get the fruit if you want it and you select which kinds of fruit you would like.

And you can get more fruit with another request card anytime during the cruise.

Eliminating unwanted fruit in the cabins was the best thing they could have done to save money. I used to see all the discarded over ripe fruit in the hallway being thrown away by people who didn't want it in the first place.

It's better to help yourself to what you want at the buffet.

Agreed, i hate seeing waste like that.

And speaking of "out in the hallway"...why do people find it neccesary to put their dishes out in the hallway? There is a nice little table in the room where our steward quickly removes them from. There is something about dshes sometimes with half eaten food on them sitting out in the hallway that just looks bad when walking down the corridor.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

Agreed, i hate seeing waste like that.

And speaking of "out in the hallway"...why do people find it neccesary to put their dishes out in the hallway? There is a nice little table in the room where our steward quickly removes them from. There is something about dshes sometimes with half eaten food on them sitting out in the hallway that just looks bad when walking down the corridor.

Terry

Got me..I take mine back to the Horizon when making a trip there.

Also when I see trays of dishes in the hall I push them back against the door so the people have to move them again when they open it. Maybe they'll learn someday. :p

Also when I see trays of dishes in the hall I push them back against the door so the people have to move them again when they open it. Maybe they'll learn someday. :p

I don't think that's best. People might not place their used dishes outside their door but closer to their neighbor's or across the hall. After all, if they'll put it out there in the first place ...

I place mine on the bedside table for the steward, though I will take it back to Horizon or at least to the exterior deck if I'm going that way.

Edited by Wehwalt

I don't think that's best. People might not place their used dishes outside their door but closer to their neighbor's or across the hall. After all, if they'll put it out there in the first place ...

I place mine on the bedside table for the steward, though I will take it back to Horizon or at least to the exterior deck if I'm going that way.

Maybe their neighbors will take it up with them. :D

Ok, glad to hear that I am not alone in thinking that it is in poor taste to dump your dishes out in the hallway. I thought that I might have been missing a good reason for it. We too frequently will take dishes back towards the Horizon Court when heading that way. Like to do what we can to make our stewards day a little easier.

Terry

• 1 month later...

Back to the Princess liquor/desert wine/shot glasses. I just heard that there are none on the Grand Princess now either. I still think they are being phased out.

Has anyone received them at wine tasting or with liquor at dinner on any ship recently?

Terry

Back to the Princess liquor/desert wine/shot glasses. I just heard that there are none on the Grand Princess now either. I still think they are being phased out.

Has anyone received them at wine tasting or with liquor at dinner on any ship recently?

Terry

We were on the Grand in March and no shot glasses. No one could/would tell us if they were out of stock, changing them, phasing them out or ???.

Terry

We were on the Grand in March and no shot glasses. No one could/would tell us if they were out of stock, changing them, phasing them out or ???.

It's just a guess but since the other ships still have them I suspect they may have just temporally run out. :confused:

I was on the Star in March and no more free glasses there either. You could get the glasses with a limoncello purchase on the Italian dinner night, but they only had four of the six glasses available.

Ok, glad to hear that I am not alone in thinking that it is in poor taste to dump your dishes out in the hallway. I thought that I might have been missing a good reason for it. We too frequently will take dishes back towards the Horizon Court when heading that way. Like to do what we can to make our stewards day a little easier.

Terry

We seldomly order room service because we don't want to deal with the dirty dishes afterwards. DH can't even stand for me to leave an empty cup from soda water on the vanity on a cruise; he has to take it back to the Horizon Court to save the steward the effort. Dishes in the hallway are disgusting.

Dishes in the hallway are disgusting.

I always thought the little half-round shelf in mini-suites, near the

door, is for dirty dishes. That is what I usually use.

Otherwise, I make a small stack next to the trash can for the steward.

I was on the Star in March and no more free glasses there either. You could get the glasses with a limoncello purchase on the Italian dinner night, but they only had four of the six glasses available.

We did the $25 wine tasting back in 2011 and we didn't get the glasses then. We did get a couple with limoncello because my wife wanted the glasses. Other than that we've only done the stammtisch table in Vines which obviously doesn't use little glasses.

Souvenir shot glasses were not provided at the wine tasting 2 weeks ago on the Ocean Princess . As others have mentioned, they were available with Limoncello purchases. Asked if they were going to have a replacement in the future and was told they did not believe so. Glad we have a good collection at home.

Souvenir shot glasses were not provided at the wine tasting 2 weeks ago on the Ocean Princess . As others have mentioned, they were available with Limoncello purchases. Asked if they were going to have a replacement in the future and was told they did not believe so. Glad we have a good collection at home.

Umm, that is the reason I HAVE to buy the Limoncello. For the glasses. You understand, don't you honey?

We first heard that they were down to just a few hundred left on Ruby soon after we boarded at Fort Lauderdale on January 31. At that time they were using them for Lemon-cello and Brogans liquor at dinner but not with wine tasting.

Before we reached LA 49 days later they were completely out if them.

On the other topic about putting your dishes out in the hallway....I sort of expected to get flamed when I brought it up. Glad to hear that I am not alone in wondering why people cant just keep them in their room until the Stewart clears them away. It isn't like he only cleans the room every 2nd or 3rd day! And it looks so bad heaped up in the hallway.

Terry