Shot glasses from wine tasting

Only ever had glass ones, always give them away to fellow wine tasters at our table. By the way if you order a decent wine in the dining room ask for a balloon glass.

By "balloon" glass, are you referring to a glass meant primarily for Pinot Noir or Burgundy wines? Like many wine drinkers, we use Schott Zwiesel Forté 8465/140 as our one general "house" glass (white and red) at home. I guess you could describe it as balloon shaped). At about $10 each and dishwasher safe, nothing else comes close to delivering what a fine wine had to offer (without breaking the bank).

In any case, if a cruiser decides to spring for a better bottle on board, do request an appropriate glass.

We attained Elite status four cruises ago. Our three cruises since doing it have all been on the CB. We went to the first two wine tastings. The same head waiter was leading it, so the info was nothing new the second time (four months later). The third cruise we did not stay but went and picked up our free glasses. We probably won't even bother to do that again. If the wine tasting fits into a convenient time, we'll still go, especially if we're on a different ship.

I don't mean to hijack this post. I am wondering how many patterns were ever produced?

I have 6 patterns:

Ship

Star Fish

Anchor

Wheel

Porthole

Compass

Thats it!

Attended second of three (3 b2b's) Grapevine wine tasting today on Ruby Princess and no more souvenir shot glasses. From what I have heard they are using them up until they are gone. I guess this sounds like the first ship to run out.

Terry

Thats it!

Attended second of three (3 b2b's) Grapevine wine tasting today on Ruby Princess and no more souvenir shot glasses. From what I have heard they are using them up until they are gone. I guess this sounds like the first ship to run out.

Will they have another type souvenir glass or just not have any souvenir glass at all?

My guess is that they eliminate them altogether. So much for going to wine tasting. ;)

Yeah, the glass is the only thing that keeps me going. Five splashes of wine isn't enough to cause me to spend an hour there, and thank you, I've heard the joke about how in Romania we make so much wine but we don't export much because we drink it all. Also, they always seem to serve the same Chilean dessert wine. I'll spend the hour happily sitting on my balcony, maybe with some wine that hasn't been measured to the nearest nanolitre.

Edited by Wehwalt

Gone the way of the welcome plate of cookies in every cabin, the crepes at the Champagne fountain event, sesame seeds on the bread sticks, etc.

They'll save money as fewer people will go without the glass. I have all six, but one has a crack in it, so I'll buy a good one of that design on eBay if I need to. Why do I still go if I have all the glasses? It's borderline worth it on a dull afternoon, and between the wine and the glass, you feel like you get something out of it. But the wine alone isn't worth it. I'd rather put that balcony I'm paying for to good use.

Next cruise, I'll go to the wine tasting (Coral at end of April). No glassee, no stayee.

Edited by Wehwalt

They'll save money as fewer people will go without the glass. I have all six, but one has a crack in it, so I'll buy a good one of that design on eBay if I need to. Why do I still go if I have all the glasses? It's borderline worth it on a dull afternoon, and between the wine and the glass, you feel like you get something out of it. But the wine alone isn't worth it. I'd rather put that balcony I'm paying for to good use.

Next cruise, I'll go to the wine tasting (Coral at end of April). No glassee, no stayee.

They don't require you to stay in order to get the glass but some of the ships did make both people shoe up before they would hand out 2 glasses.

On the Royal and CB they didn't care....just 1 person had to present the card & ask for the glasses & they were fine with that.

Something tells me that they just ran out of glasses on that one cruise and the program will continue.

They don't require you to stay in order to get the glass but some of the ships did make both people shoe up before they would hand out 2 glasses.

On the Royal and CB they didn't care....just 1 person had to present the card & ask for the glasses & they were fine with that.

Something tells me that they just ran out of glasses on that one cruise and the program will continue.

I know ... but I dislike walking out, glass in hot little hand, in front of my fellow passengers. Although I have left early a couple of times because of another activity.

Gone the way of the welcome plate of cookies in every cabin, the crepes at the Champagne fountain event, sesame seeds on the bread sticks, etc.

I remember when there was always a bowl of fresh fruit waiting in your cabin at embarkation, and your steward would replenish as needed. Good apples, not so good grapes.

I know ... but I dislike walking out, glass in hot little hand, in front of my fellow passengers. Although I have left early a couple of times because of another activity.

It used to bother my wife many cruises ago but since I convinced her not to have to sit through another boring talk she thanks me ever since. Last trip she even picked them up while I stayed to finish watching a movie in the theater.

It saves Princess money anyway since we were only offering the wine to others at the table.

I remember when there was always a bowl of fresh fruit waiting in your cabin at embarkation, and your steward would replenish as needed. Good apples, not so good grapes.

Eliminating unwanted fruit in the cabins was the best thing they could have done to save money. I used to see all the discarded over ripe fruit in the hallway being thrown away by people who didn't want it in the first place.

It's better to help yourself to what you want at the buffet.