Take one/leave one in Library

Blue Lagoon

If you sail on the S Class and like to read on the balcony be sure to have a light for your book because thankfully there are no balcony lights.

If you plan on using a tablet also,ale sure that it is visible to readin the dark.

Happy sailing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On our very first cruise (thomson - a small UK line) there was a jigsaw room adjacent to the library.

I absolutely loved this quiet space, at the beginning of the cruise they placed an 8000 piece jigsaw, which I thought would never get completed.

It was interesting to see that as the cruise progressed how it took shape. As well as hardened jigsaw fans you saw people come in, complete a couple of pieces and then leave. Suffice to say that in less than a week it was complete.

I thought it was a really good idea and worked well with a library.

Deb

I would like the idea of a table set aside in the library for a jigsaw puzzle, I can get quite addicted to finding that next piece.:D

• 1 year later...

I am so glad to see there are some book readers on board a cruise! I'm not a party-goer and am actually allergic to alcohol so bar visits are not high on my to-do list. Hope there will still be plenty of stuff to do for a pax like me. Also wondering if anyone can give recent feedback about boardgames on board. I suspect my family is somewhat different from the norm and I may not get much info on the questions....but thanks in advance to anybody reading this old post.

Dreamer --

Hi -- The leave one/take one aspect of the Connie Library was fully functioning April/May 2016. However, we didn't head to the game room for a few days & the games were severely depleted. I believe individuals took them to their rooms to enjoy.

Dreamer --

Hi -- The leave one/take one aspect of the Connie Library was fully functioning April/May 2016. However, we didn't head to the game room for a few days & the games were severely depleted. I believe individuals took them to their rooms to enjoy.

Thanks, Von & John! We are on the Summit next week to Bermuda...and will bring a board game....if my DH does not think I have lost my mind. After all, there ARE 3 whole sea days. Just wanted our teen kids and us to have options since we are not big on partying, drinking or gambling. :)

I will definitely make sure I bring some books to leave on board during my trip in November....I like the idea of someone choosing a book I have read and then reading it too....

Belinda

On the Millennium the Library occupied 2 floors. The top one had mostly Celebrity owned books with others thrown in. the bottom floor which shared the space with the Concierge desk had one small area that seemed to be filled with books that people left.

I also bring about 5 books I enjoyed from home. It's amazing how quickly they go. I prefer a paper book and I found plenty to read on Millennium. Read 10 books in the 45 days!! I hope they don't do away with the libraries.

On the subject of jigsaws, there was always one set up in the top floor of the Library. Unfortunately, we learned early on that the most popular puzzle (there were 3) had 2 pieces missing! Someone left a note, but the puzzle just kept being put back in the box! Maybe next time I'll bring a jigsaw too.

Love the story about the $5 in the Bible.

I always put a $5 bill in between the pages of the bible if there is one in the cabin. I figure if someone is reading it and finds the money they deserve it as they will probably use it for a good purpose.

Happy sailing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I have never left money, but I do leave laundry, dry cleaning, bingo, etc coupons that we did not use.

You can't beat a real book.

I use the libraries a lot. Yes, there can be a rubbish choice and I have read books that I would not have read normally because there was nothing I fancied but I have also read some good 'uns.