Double cruise credits for an upsell to a suite?

CruisingJs

In 2011 we took an upsell offer for a Penthouse Suite. At the time we were told the only suite benefit we wouldn't get was double credits for booking a suite. I seem to recall reading people post that they had gotten the two credits for an upsell. Has anyone done that? If so, who did you contact? This never seemed important to pursue before but now if I can get this, we will be elite after our cruise next spring. Now all of a sudden it seems worth looking into. Thanks for your help!

In 2011 we took an upsell offer for a Penthouse Suite. At the time we were told the only suite benefit we wouldn't get was double credits for booking a suite. I seem to recall reading people post that they had gotten the two credits for an upsell. Has anyone done that? If so, who did you contact? This never seemed important to pursue before but now if I can get this, we will be elite after our cruise next spring. Now all of a sudden it seems worth looking into. Thanks for your help!

Your post is confusing to me. Yes, you do get double cruise credit for booking a suite but there is no "extra" cruise credit for accepting an upsell in and of itself. Accepting an uspell to a suite gets you the double cruise credits that a suite always gives. (Unless you book a suite solo - then you get 3 cruise credits.)

You get two credits for the suite no matter how you booked it. The only time you wouldn't get two is when they upgraded you. Since you paid for an upsell, you are entitled to two. Check your personalize and be sure you didn't get it before pursuing.

We only got one cruise credit for the upsell. That's why I'm asking. Has anyone ever received two credits for an upsell to a suite? If so, was it automatic or did you have to ask for it? Sorry if I wasn't clearer. Let me clarify. We only got one credit for the cruise not two as you normally get with a suite.

Edited by CruisingJs

We only got one cruise credit for the upsell. That's why I'm asking. Has anyone ever received two credits for an upsell to a suite? If so, was it automatic or did you have to ask for it? Sorry if I wasn't clearer. Let me clarify. We only got one credit for the cruise not two as you normally get with a suite.

I had an upsell on the Ruby in March. It only showed as 1 cruise. I called Princess after the cruise and got the second credit.

I had an upsell on the Ruby in March. It only showed as 1 cruise. I called Princess after the cruise and got the second credit.

That's what I want to hear! Did you just call the main phone number? Did they hassle you or just say OK?

I took advantage of an upsell offer to an Owner's Suite on Royal Princess this April but only received 1 credit. However my wife and I are already Elite so it never occurred to me to question it. But you definitely have something to gain by making a call to Princess--the worst that can happen is they say no. :o

My sister and I paid for an upsell to a suite last November and only got one cruise credit each so I called the 800 Princess number and spoke to the representative who answered the phone. She was able to add the extra cruise credit to both of our accounts. It's not automatic for upsells but they will gladly do it if you call.

Jackie

My sister and I paid for an upsell to a suite last November and only got one cruise credit each so I called the 800 Princess number and spoke to the representative who answered the phone. She was able to add the extra cruise credit to both of our accounts. It's not automatic for upsells but they will gladly do it if you call.

Jackie

I called the main phone number.

Thank you!

I just called Princess and got the extra cruise credit. It was very strange because the Captains Circle lady said our cruise in March 2014 showed we were in a suite but only got a single credit for that one. That wasn't the cruise I was calling about. I told her I would have remembered being in a suite and that we were in a mini suite for that cruise. Really? It says here you were in a suite. Oh well. Anyway we got the extra cruise credit for our 2011 upsell.

I guess it just depends on who you talk to. I called but was told the extra credit was only for those that pay full fare for a suite; complimentary upgrades and upsells are not eligible for the extra credit. When I questioned her source for that information she read it to me right out of the manual. :o

I need to talk to somebody who doesn't know the manual.

I don't remember, but when did Princes start giving 2 credits for suites?

We one full suites twice but I have a feeling they were prior to the 2 credits.

I had to look back on our cruise history but it was in 2009. 2008 and before counted as only one credit.

Mike:)

I had to look back on our cruise history but it was in 2009. 2008 and before counted as only one credit.

Thanks Mike.

Our suites were prior to that so I guess that's why we only got the 1 credit the two times we did it.

Thanks Mike.

Our suites were prior to that so I guess that's why we only got the 1 credit the two times we did it.

I have quite a few of those myself; but we are out of luck since they are not retroactive.:(

I called Princess earlier this evening, and was told upsells only get one credit, but I was welcome to write to Customer Relations. I did, and will wait a few days for the response.

Hoping I can get the second credit, as I will be 4 away from Elite. This credit will put my husband at Platinum.

I had to fight to get the extra credit. It was worth the fight to me because I was one point away from elite. I called and emailed and they said no, that you do not get double points for an upsell. On Hal that info is right on the upsell. I tried once again in an email with a link to a cc thread where posters said they got it. They did give it to me in the end. It would be nice to be consistent.