Freedom of the Seas drydock

i am really hoping that someone on board can get us a picture of that deck above the new staterooms added on deck 12.

In fact i would love to see the whole area, where does the jogging track go? what does deck 12 now look like facing forward from the solarium?

Lets pray we get some more pics ASAP......

How hard would it be to go up there. Stealth mode on. :o

It is clear on the aerial view on the Freedom ship homepage on the RCI website the amount of deck space lost in the re-fit. While San Tropez did have a covered area most of it was open, but shielded from winds by the design of the ship.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=FR&shipCode=FR&br=R

When you compare that to the view that was posted in this thread of the forward section, deck 13 'San Tropez' stretched all the way to where you see the satellite that is now on the sun deck about 12 feet from the current position of the glass wall.

I sure hope they are not going to cram 300 to 400 deck chairs in those 12 extra feet of open deck space around deck 13.

While I do not know Freedom's situation from PC, those deck chairs were often all in use on Liberty in the MED.

Done Freedom a lot, those spaces rarely used except sail away. Wife used to say St Tropez was her private sun deck. ;)

Have there been any changes/updates to the solarium?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Good question, I haven't heard of any but wouldn't a nice surprise. I prefer the Freedom solarium over Allure 's

Done Freedom a lot, those spaces rarely used except sail away. Wife used to say St Tropez was her private sun deck. ;)

I guess Freedom attracts a different market than Liberty in MED. Deck 12 is packed daily all around and about 20 to 50 PAX daily up on St. Tropez. That is why it will be missed if one of these converted ships return to MED as it was an oasis from the overcrowding around the pool decks. While empty in port until around 3 PM they are again packed for a couple hours in afternoon daily in MED.

I have only done a TA on Liberty and 2 MED cruises, so did not know that Freedom was used so differently than Indy and Liberty.

I guess Freedom attracts a different market than Liberty in MED. Deck 12 is packed daily all around and about 20 to 50 PAX daily up on St. Tropez. That is why it will be missed if one of these converted ships return to MED as it was an oasis from the overcrowding around the pool decks. While empty in port until around 3 PM they are again packed for a couple hours in afternoon daily in MED.

I have only done a TA on Liberty and 2 MED cruises, so did not know that Freedom was used so differently than Indy and Liberty.

Freedom is a mixture of retirees and people that want to be near pool or flowrider. At least that is my perception. ;)

We need a top down view post dry dock to really answer the St. Tropez deck question. Who has a helicopter?

Looking at this before picture, My guess is that there will be a very similar number of deck chairs available before and after. I did a quick count (yes...I zoomed in and counted) and there are only about 200 chairs on "before" deck 12. St. Tropez looks to have expanded significantly, with almost the same additional floor space as what was replaced. That could make St. Tropez much better utilized, with hopefully full services up there.

Now, will it be as tranquil as before....:confused:

Sorry for asking the super obvious question, but I don't know if i've seen anyone state it outright yet: are FOS' propulsion systems operating at full capacity now? No more delays? We booked our cruise back in July and i've been watching the news nervously of all the propulsion issues and unhappy customers... :(

Sorry for asking the super obvious question, but I don't know if i've seen anyone state it outright yet: are FOS' propulsion systems operating at full capacity now? No more delays? We booked our cruise back in July and i've been watching the news nervously of all the propulsion issues and unhappy customers... :(

Someone saw the Freedom doing 21 knots last night. Could not do that earlier

RCI even stated weeks ago that repair of her propulsion system was on the "to do list" for drydock.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is the crashing chandelier video still in R Bar.

According to Kigiss, (on instagram), who was part of the crew working on the Azipods, FOS is in perfect working condition! She was listed on marine traffic as doing 21 knots, so seems like she is fine!

The passengers do have free wifi, but it is very slow, so perhaps they are having trouble posting or more than likely, they are having too much fun!!!!!!

OMG! I remember watching the crashing chandelier in the Champagne Bar on FOS back in 2009!!!!!!

Cheryl

According to Kigiss, (on instagram), who was part of the crew working on the Azipods, FOS is in perfect working condition! She was listed on marine traffic as doing 21 knots, so seems like she is fine!

The passengers do have free wifi, but it is very slow, so perhaps they are having trouble posting or more than likely, they are having too much fun!!!!!!

OMG! I remember watching the crashing chandelier in the Champagne Bar on FOS back in 2009!!!!!!

Cheryl

Freedom Cruisers, what's up with this Rotational Dining announcement. :confused:

Inquiring minds want to know. :eek:

Freedom Cruisers, what's up with this Rotational Dining announcement. :confused:

Inquiring minds want to know. :eek:

Not happening. RCCL had already announced it wasn't getting rolled out. They are holding off on Oasis and Allure. Too many issues on Quantum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not happening. RCCL had already announced it wasn't getting rolled out. They are holding off on Oasis and Allure. Too many issues on Quantum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Think people are questioning a move to a rotational thing along the lines of what Disney does m, as opposed to the Dynamic Dining fiasco we've heard about

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did a quick count (yes...I zoomed in and counted) and there are only about 200 chairs on "before" deck 12. St. Tropez looks to have expanded significantly, with almost the same additional floor space as what was replaced. That could make St. Tropez much better utilized, with hopefully full services up there.

Now, will it be as tranquil as before....:confused:

We might not be looking at the same area. I had counted down the side almost to above the whirlpools to the central flags and then multiplied by 2 for those not 'visible' on the other side of the ship.

When one starts counting deck chairs, it is sure clear how big these ships are....

So, since Izumi wasn't added, and Jade is still there, does that mean free sushi?? Haven't sailed RCCL before and don't know much about Jade. :)

Yes the sushi in Jade is free. Jade is really just an extension of the WJ and does not have its own separate area. Also, with the sushi in Jade, you do not have near the variety nor the quality that you get in Izumi.

Is it just me who is now desperate for more info, and more pics from this 2 night promo sailing...

I cant wait to see one of the new large ocean view staterooms on deck 12, excited to see the deck space above these new cabins. Want to see more pics from all areas of the ship too...