Is This The End Of 123GO?

morfred

I have sailed on two cruises w/ it and have two more booked with this promo. I love it! I am afraid that today is the last day and now I am spoiled. I hope they keep it around and make it part of the cruise program. Between coffee, soda, water, booze etc. it makes my cruise that much more relaxing not having to be concerned w/ a final bill.

C'mon Celebrity

Apparently Holland-Am has re-activated their version of beverage package. And Norwegian is introducing an 'all inclusive' add-on package for beverages and specialty dining. So X will probably keep it as an arrow in their competitive quiver going forward. Happy Cruising

The 123GO Offer has a history of coming & going...

It seems to be mostly offered when Celebrity wants to pre-sell as many cruises as possible down the road (when times are slow... January, Middle of Summer etc)

When I booked my upcoming cruise recently the Rep in Miami told me this has been a very slow summer for them vs other years (without them saying it... I got the impression there have either been cut backs in shifts or personnel)

So I wouldn't be all that surprised if this offer makes a quick come back... Or is extended

Other limited time offers have recently been extended as well beyond their expiry dates

In reality, I've been watching Celebrity Cruise Prices quite extensively for the last 2+ years and the base prices per person in many cases have gone up.

I attribute this to

* Costs overall in the world have gone up (fuel - food - labour etc)

* Celebrity has more cabins per week they need to fill (increase in ships)

* Bigger fleet / older fleet = more maintenance / upgrades needed to stay current etc

At the same time...

* Cruise Customers are asking for MORE but wanting to pay less...

So the 123GO Package has found its way into mix

And successfully.

Lots of Pax used it in the past... Now most Pax choose it as it has the most perceived value from the 123GO offer ($ 49 US + 15% per person)

The thing is, that perk is ultimately built into the Price Increase per person base cruise price in some way

Not to mention that a good number of folks purchasing the package actually opt to pay for the Upgrade to Premium

So ya...

It is a strategy that works for Celebrity

I don't think the 123GO offer is going very far for very long

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Lol, that said... I do intend NOT TO "miss the ship" and make another booking today for a cruise in 2015

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

It appears that the 123 Promo is edging towards a Celebrity that includes drinks packages. They have enticed and pleased so many with a free drinks package that to not offer it in the future may make those paasengers look elsewhere.

My guess is that they will extend the offer or it will be back in Sep/Oct as it did last year.

I'm sure it will be back sooner rather then later... It might come back under another name but I'm sure it will be back soon enough...

Just in case though I have 2 booked next year & 1 in 2016 with the drinks package!! 😎

I have sailed on two cruises w/ it and have two more booked with this promo. I love it! I am afraid that today is the last day and now I am spoiled. I hope they keep it around and make it part of the cruise program. Between coffee, soda, water, booze etc. it makes my cruise that much more relaxing not having to be concerned w/ a final bill.

C'mon Celebrity

I check Aussie's celebrity site - offer is extended till 08/31/2014.

Looks like it becomes permanent perk.

We booked in May for a November Caribbean cruise on Constellation. We live in Florida so we received a good price for A1(resident rate) plus $300 OBC.

I called in June about 123Go and asked if we could get the drinks package.

Sure, they said, but the price would increase by $900. No such thing as free.

We booked in May for a November Caribbean cruise on Constellation. We live in Florida so we received a good price for A1(resident rate) plus $300 OBC.

I called in June about 123Go and asked if we could get the drinks package.

Sure, they said, but the price would increase by $900. No such thing as free.

Sometimes you get a deal and sometimes not so much... I was tracking 3 cruises well before the 123 promo was offered and booked as soon as it was and the price remained the same... All 3 have now gone up 2 quite a bit and the other one only slightly but that one isn't until 2016 so it early! : )

So I do feel I got something for free and am really happy with it, I would have booked all 3 cruises without the drinks package at the prices I paid so am completely happy with them!

C'mon Celebrity

Dont worry, it'll be extended in August....they just didn't announce it yet because they want people to panic. :-) (and yes this is official information)

Edited by ariawoman

I would rather have it part of the cruise package even if it is paying a little more. The extra cost doesn't seem to cost as much as purchasing it separately. It it were separate I wouldn't buy it.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻 and happy sailing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🍸

I would rather have it part of the cruise package even if it is paying a little more. The extra cost doesn't seem to cost as much as purchasing it separately. It it were separate I wouldn't buy it.

Drink up and happy sailing

The drink pkg's have been around to buy for awhile, but not many wewre doing so. Maybe, just maybe this has been their way of training us to become dependant on a pkg. So IF they do go away we will be more apt to buy one as it has become the norm.

Sometimes you get a deal and sometimes not so much... I was tracking 3 cruises well before the 123 promo was offered and booked as soon as it was and the price remained the same... All 3 have now gone up 2 quite a bit and the other one only slightly but that one isn't until 2016 so it early! : )

So I do feel I got something for free and am really happy with it, I would have booked all 3 cruises without the drinks package at the prices I paid so am completely happy with them!

I prefer the pre 123GO days when you booked based on an uninflated price.

I prefer the pre 123GO days when you booked based on an uninflated price.

People like the 123 so they book cruises. As the cabins fill the price goes up! Supply and demand. I book as early as possible and have not yet been sorry. Now our Oct 2015 cruise is starting to tick up:)

Personally, I don't care for the drink packages. I don't care for all inclusive resorts because of the atmosphere that's created by unlimited drinking and I see the same thing happening with these cruises.

This may be the largest contributor to the cuts in other areas and a major contributor to decreased service levels in the dining room. There are some bargains to be had but many of the longer cruises to more interesting ports than the Caribbean have risen substantially. There really are no free drinks folks, they are being paid for.

Personally, I don't care for the drink packages. I don't care for all inclusive resorts because of the atmosphere that's created by unlimited drinking and I see the same thing happening with these cruises.

This may be the largest contributor to the cuts in other areas and a major contributor to decreased service levels in the dining room. There are some bargains to be had but many of the longer cruises to more interesting ports than the Caribbean have risen substantially. There really are no free drinks folks, they are being paid for.

Ma Bell, you and I are normally joined at the hip in our opinions. But, not here. The cuts in other areas and decreased service levels in the dining room came about long before the 123GO promotions. Perhaps 123 added to them, but were not the cause of these problems.

This is one reason why I avoid cruiselines like Azamara, Seabourn and Crystal etc.:rolleyes:

Edited by MicCanberra

As I said John, I think they are a major contributor, not the original cause. The fact that service levels had already been decreased has made it very difficult for the dining room staff to make sure everyone has their "free" drinks with dinner and still provide great dinner service. They certainly try, but it's not possible to provide that service any more.

This is one reason why I avoid cruiselines like Azamara, Seabourn and Crystal etc.:rolleyes:

Apples and Oranges. These aren't 3000 passenger ships and they also don't have unlimited choices of what they get.

I can't speak for Seabourn or Crystal, but having been on numerous Azamara cruises both prior to and after the select liquor being included you really can't compare them to Celebrity because the itineraries and demographics are different. The guests tend toward the older, but active and visiting the ports is the main priority. I've seen very few, if any guests on Azamara who have taken the free alcohol up as a challenge.

Phil

Ma Bell, you and I are normally joined at the hip in our opinions. But, not here. The cuts in other areas and decreased service levels in the dining room came about long before the 123GO promotions. Perhaps 123 added to them, but were not the cause of these problems.

John I agree, Ma and I too are normally standing in the same line, but not on the likeness to an 'all inclusive'. We have been to a Jack Tar and the Reef Club a/inc. our Reflection cruise last Nov was one of our most enjoyable since the Horizon in 2000. We experienced nothing close to what our all inc vacations were like.