Suite guest in diamond lounge?

We will be traveling in a family suite with our 2 adult sons. We are diamond and they are not. From what I see, we are thinking the diamond lounge on Adventure of the Seas and the outdoor space looks better for evening. Are suite guests allowed in the diamond lounge or do we go to the concierge lounge with them? Thanks for the help. Any thoughts in Adventure concierge lounge?

Diamond C&A members staying in a suite can use the diamond or concierge lounge.

Technically, your sons would be allowed access to the concierge lounge only, as they are not diamond members.

It might be a good question for the diamond concierge once you are on board if you decide you prefer the diamond lounge. It may depend on the number of diamonds/diamond plus on board.

Diamond C&A members staying in a suite can use the diamond or concierge lounge.

Technically, your sons would be allowed access to the concierge lounge only, as they are not diamond members.

It might be a good question for the diamond concierge once you are on board if you decide you prefer the diamond lounge. It may depend on the number of diamonds/diamond plus on board.

That was what I was thinking. We'll wait and see, I'll ask concierge if needed. They may not want to do what parents do anyway!;)

A lot will also depend on how many Diamonds and higher are on board as the DC tends to get crowded. If that is the case, the Diamond Concierge may not make the exception for your non-Diamond family there as by having a suite you all already have access to the CL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I heard a story that an employee (maybe even concierge, not sure) told a suite guest to check to see if their card operates the DL door; evevidently, it worked, implying they had access to both lounges. As you explore the ship on day one, it might be interesting to see if your sons' cards operate the DL door or just the CL.

• 4 weeks later...
Good to know about the Family Suite having access to CL. May book this as well. I am Diamond member, Does that include JS having CL access too or only DL?

JS guests do not have access to the CL, unless they are also D+ or Pinnacle.

Sailing with my older son on the Serenade in a suite, which has a CL and a DL. I am diamond, he is not, just like OP and her sons.

Understand about utilizing the CL, no problem; but my question is about these drink allowances pre-loaded onto the seapass card. Will my son have this nightly drink allowance? I do understand that he can access the CL, and perhaps the DL, but am wondering what to expect.

thanks to all you seasoned cruisers

Sailing with my older son on the Serenade in a suite, which has a CL and a DL. I am diamond, he is not, just like OP and her sons.

Understand about utilizing the CL, no problem; but my question is about these drink allowances pre-loaded onto the seapass card. Will my son have this nightly drink allowance? I do understand that he can access the CL, and perhaps the DL, but am wondering what to expect.

thanks to all you seasoned cruisers

Only D and above C&A members have the pre-loaded drinks on their cards. I shared mine with my Platinum friend recently on the Vision with two tips and a request with my card.

See if son's card opens the DL door. If not, you can ask if he can accompany you.

He has access to the CL with his card.

Edited by pcur

I heard a story that an employee (maybe even concierge, not sure) told a suite guest to check to see if their card operates the DL door; evevidently, it worked, implying they had access to both lounges. As you explore the ship on day one, it might be interesting to see if your sons' cards operate the DL door or just the CL.

Absolutely this!

Our suite key for the CL on our recent AOS cruise also worked for the Diamond Lounge (curiosity got the better of me when walking round the ship very early one morning).

I called in a few times for a coffee during the day and it's a lovely new area on Adventure.

Only D and above C&A members have the pre-loaded drinks on their cards. I shared mine with my Platinum friend recently on the Vision with two tips and a request with my card.

This is what I call taking advantage of the program and is what will ruin it.

We will be traveling in a family suite with our 2 adult sons. We are diamond and they are not. From what I see, we are thinking the diamond lounge on Adventure of the Seas and the outdoor space looks better for evening. Are suite guests allowed in the diamond lounge or do we go to the concierge lounge with them? Thanks for the help. Any thoughts in Adventure concierge lounge?

If your children live at the same address with you they should be the same level that you are. Check with RCL or the Loyalty ambassador on the ship.

If your children live at the same address with you they should be the same level that you are. Check with RCL or the Loyalty ambassador on the ship.

They changed the rules a few years ago and now only when the children are under 18 do they "piggyback" on the parents status. Once the children turn 18 they retain their level, however their points totals will be what they have actually earned.

They changed the rules a few years ago and now only when the children are under 18 do they "piggyback" on the parents status. Once the children turn 18 they retain their level, however their points totals will be what they have actually earned.

Your response is correct however when did the boys start cruising ?