Blu desserts

WS80

We're are the Infinity now and having a great time!

One thing I noticed: desserts in Blu are always the same as in

MDR. Has this always been the case?

Edited by WS80

When Blu first began, they were trying to keep the desserts "healthy" and they were disappointing. Many of us complained. We had to request Crème Brule to be brought from the main dining room. I noticed on my last cruise in Blu, the desserts were much better. Sounds like they have given up, realizing cruisers will only go so far in their quest for "healthier" :)

Always found the deserts in the coffee cafe to be better. Most ties we would leave Blu without having their desert and stop on the coffee shop for a good coffee and a few sweets. Never liked that the coffee was served way after the desert.

When in Blu or the MDR if you want coffee with your desert be sure to order it as soon as you place your main order, if you order it when ordering desert you will sit there a long time after the desert is served before getting it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We're are the Infinity now and having a great time!

One thing I noticed: desserts in Blu are always the same as in

MDR. Has this always been the case?

No, it hasn't.

It wasn't even the case last February on the Eclipse.

This would definitely be a change for the better (for everything except my waistline ;) ) .

I hope it's fleet wide.

We were in Blu on the Silhouette in April and the server confirmed that the deserts were the same as the MDR only difference was a smaller portion (healthy).

That's why , when you can't decide which one to have, your waiter will probably say " I'll bring all of them " :D

When in Blu or the MDR if you want coffee with your desert be sure to order it as soon as you place your main order, if you order it when ordering desert you will sit there a long time after the desert is served before getting it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That's another reason we much prefer traditional dining. We never had to ask for coffee or tea. Our wonderful waiters knew who wanted reg and who wanted decaf and that our friends wanted mint tea. It was automatically served with dessert. Also the sommelier knew that we all wanted our first glass of wine while we were perusing the menu so he/she watched our table and came as soon as we were seated. Claudia on the Eclipse and Alexandria on the Millie are the best:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's another reason we much prefer traditional dining. We never had to ask for coffee or tea. Our wonderful waiters knew who wanted reg and who wanted decaf and that our friends wanted mint tea. It was automatically served with dessert. Also the sommelier knew that we all wanted our first glass of wine while we were perusing the menu so he/she watched our table and came as soon as we were seated. Claudia on the Eclipse and Alexandria on the Millie are the best:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I beg to differ.

NO ONE could be better than Sanjay in Blu on the Eclipse! :D

Ooooh, Sanjay!!

For three cruises I just looked at the regular chocolate cake on Blu's dessert menu. Figured it was just eh like so many Celebrity desserts which look better than they taste.

Oh so wrong! It's rich very moist cake with a true buttercream and wonderful ganache frosting. Oh my gosh! Only dessert on the ship I like better is the panna cotta in Tuscan.

Ooooh, Sanjay!!

For three cruises I just looked at the regular chocolate cake on Blu's dessert menu. Figured it was just eh like so many Celebrity desserts which look better than they taste.

Oh so wrong! It's rich very moist cake with a true buttercream and wonderful ganache frosting. Oh my gosh! Only dessert on the ship I like better is the panna cotta in Tuscan.

the chocolate cake in blu is different than the one served in the MDR.....and much better.

Looks like the chef was right :-) he told us they changed desserts because everyone kept asking for the ones from the MDR.

No problems with coffee btw. We always get a (really good) espresso with our dessert.