Laundry service

Floridanamaw

Does Norwegian offer the laundry service where you fill up a bag and they do it for you for 15.00 - 20.00? I know carnival use to do it but we never used the service. If Norwegian does it we might use it this time. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What day of the cruise does this usually take place? We will be on the Pride of America and with several days on shore prior to the cruise, we may use this service. Are clothes ironed?

The laundry bag special wasn't offered on our POA cruise. We asked the room steward about it and she brought us a bag to fill up. We don't put anything that requires ironing in the bag. You can send items to be ironed for a per item fee.

The laundry bag special wasn't offered on our POA cruise. We asked the room steward about it and she brought us a bag to fill up. We don't put anything that requires ironing in the bag. You can send items to be ironed for a per item fee.

Do you know what the fee is for ironing? I was thinking about bringing a travel steamer as I don't like to iron, but I'd pay if it's not too expensive.

Edited by Imasima752

Do you know what the fee is for ironing? I was thinking about bringing a travel steamer as I don't like to iron, but I'd pay if it's not too expensive.

I think it was $4 - $5 per item. On our last two cruises with NCL in Europe, they offered 50% off on ironing the first day. You can't use your travel steamer in the cabin. It is a fire hazard. You can ask the room steward if you can borrow an iron and ironing board for a short period of time. Have a great cruise.

Edited by herdingdogmom

I think it was $4 - $5 per item. On our last two cruises with NCL in Europe, they offered 50% off on ironing the first day. You can't use your travel steamer in the cabin. It is a fire hazard. You can ask the room steward if you can borrow an iron and ironing board for a short period of time. Have a great cruise.

Thank you for the information. I cannot really say I'm saddened about the steamer - I have no desire to deal with laundry while on vacation :D.

On Getaway it was pickup on Tuesday, return on Thursday and it was all pressed and on hangars

They did a wonderful job.

On our RCL recent cruises it came back just folded.

This was really worth the $$

For our family of 5

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What was the regular price on the POA? Did the clothes come back pressed?

Some say they do, and some say they do not.

Edited by earlbird

What was the regular price on the POA? Did the clothes come back pressed?

Some say they do, and some say they do not.

We requested the laundry bag special on the POA and the clothes came back folded not pressed. We didn't have any clothes requiring pressing when in Hawaii.

I would imagine the POA offers regular cleaning at per item prices that include pressing. Just ask your room steward if the laundry listing of services isn't in your room.

I wish this was one suite perk offered on NCL, as it is on Princess and Holland. We really enjoyed having our laundry done (without extra payment).

Of course, I really like the other suite perks on NCL, so I guess it is even.:)

Hi there! Just back from the 8/1-8/8 Boston-Bermuda cruise on the Dawn. Our Steward left a paper announcement on Tuesday evening stating the "fill a bag for $27.99" special - they asked to have the bag filled and left on the bed by Wednesday at Noon - items were beautifully delivered in a basket, items fwrapped in Tissue paper - everything was very neatly folded. We really stuffed the bag! Items were brought back by a Thursday just in time to start packing as our bags had to be outside the room by 1am -

Enjoy!!!

Does the Pearl have a washer and dryer for do-it-yourself laundry? If so, what is the charge? We are on a 10 day and gone prior and after the cruise so will have more clothes with us than normal.

None of NCL's ships has a self-service laundry. Some of the ships used to have it but NCL did away with it quite a few years ago.

on pearl in Alaska, Gave clothe on Wednesday (day 4) returned the next day. Everything on hangers and socks etc in bag.

cost $27.99

What we fit in the bag...

4 pr. denim jean

1 pr. shorts

8 t-shirts

2 dress shirts

9 pr. socks

4 pr. underware

every thing came out fine except 2 pair of my boys new denim jeans. each had yellowish burn marks? about 3x3 on the pant legs. They have not washed out.

I have about 28 days coming up on cruises and I dont want to overpack. I also dont want to pay the prices they charge for laundry if they dont offer the 'Laundry Bag Offer'. I bought a 'Scrubba' search that name on google. Awesome product, I will be able to do all my washing on board with minimal effort.

Feel like I'm asking a really stupid question here, but with the Laundry Bag deal...(which I am not even sure is available on the Sun), do they separate items that shouldn't be washed together? I am thinking they must do this, or no one would be inclined to use the service. I cannot imagine them washing jeans with a delicate blouse...Does anyone know?

I have about 28 days coming up on cruises and I dont want to overpack. I also dont want to pay the prices they charge for laundry if they dont offer the 'Laundry Bag Offer'. I bought a 'Scrubba' search that name on google. Awesome product, I will be able to do all my washing on board with minimal effort.

I would love to know how well this product works for you. We often take longer trips and this sure looks like a handy way to keep clothes clean.