Question about Ultimate Soda Package...

Vacationdreamer<><

Thanks in advance for answers.

I've spent some time today reading through FAQs on Princess's website, but still need to ask this question.

If I purchase the Ultimate Soda Package where do I go to get the soda? Any bar? Self-serve area? Certain locations? I don't mean to sound ignorant, but if I am getting it from a bartender am I expected to tip each time?

Where would the milkshakes and hot chocolate be available? Again - would tipping be anticipated? If so, how much is acceptable?

My only cruise experiences have been with DCL and one was eons ago, and the other this spring had us with self-serve beverage station.

Along this line of thought - if I was sitting on a deck in the sun and a waiter asked if I needed anything, is it appropriate to ask them for a soda? If so, I would expect to tip them. Again - what would an appropriate amount be?

Is there any rule-of-thumb for amount of cash per day that would be smart to have on hand for tipping? I do not want to short-change anyone.

OH - the whole milk/cookies thing? Ask the circulating waitstaff? Again - reasonable tip?

THANK YOU.

If it matters - we are going on CB for 5-n this fall. THANK YOU.

Milkshakes are available on deck 15 . During MUTS, popcorn is also available there. You can get sundaes also. We didn't see anyone circulating with milk & cookies during MUTS on the CB. We did previously on the Emerald. No tipping was expected for that. You can get cokes at any bar, from a waiter, in the dining room, or eating in Horizon Court. A dollar for good drink service is reasonable on the deck, but none was expected for the milkshakes or popcorn. Hot chocolate is available next at the coffee bar - 5th floor, I think? Next to the International Cafe.

Every drink you get with the package has ALREADY had a 15% gratuity added to it. You don't need to tip anything in addition if you don't feel like it. Many (many!) people don't. Especially for non-alcoholic drinks.

I have never seen or heard of anybody tipping when they come around with milk and cookies in the afternoon.

Edited by Thrak

Milkshakes are available on deck 15 . During MUTS, popcorn is also available there. You can get sundaes also. We didn't see anyone circulating with milk & cookies during MUTS on the CB. We did previously on the Emerald. No tipping was expected for that. You can get cokes at any bar, from a waiter, in the dining room, or eating in Horizon Court. A dollar for good drink service is reasonable on the deck, but none was expected for the milkshakes or popcorn. Hot chocolate is available next at the coffee bar - 5th floor, I think? Next to the International Cafe.

Thank you!

Every drink you get with the package has ALREADY had a 15% gratuity added to it. You don't need to tip anything in addition if you don't feel like it. Many (many!) people don't. Especially for non-alcoholic drinks.

I have never seen or heard of anybody tipping when they come around with milk and cookies in the afternoon.

Thank you!

Hey... Are the cookies even good?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you sign up for the Ultimate Drink Package, they will put a sticker on your cruise card. Just show your card to any bar staff, waiter, buffet staff, and they will get your soda. You can also go up to any bar and get it there as well. The milkshakes are made at Sundaes Ice Cream. You can also get Mocktails from any bar staff as well. Here's the menu for the Mocktails:

13827609773_bbc9f784a6_z.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Edited by Jasperdo

When you sign up for the Ultimate Drink Package, they will put a sticker on your cruise card. Just show your card to any bar staff, waiter, buffet staff, and they will get your soda. You can also go up to any bar and get it there as well. The milkshakes are made at Sundaes Ice Cream. You can also get Mocktails from any bar staff as well. Here's the menu for the Mocktails:

13827609773_bbc9f784a6_z.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Thanks for the menu! Yum!!!!!

The cookies are way TOO GOOD!!!

And the shakes are really good too! With whipped cream and a cherry too, if you like.

I'd better bring loose clothing!

And fast for a few weeks before embarking!!!

;)

Got off the ship this morning and haven't gotten on the scale yet. Afraid to. In denial. :)

My wife and I have only completed 3 cruises but we really don't gain weight. We don't pig out just because we can and we use the stairs - a lot.

It's not like we don't both enjoy eating. We just don't see a reason to load plates in the buffet with as much food as possible. We love eating in MDR because we find the food good and the portions are small enough that we can eat an appetizer, entree, and desert without being stuffed.

Yes, I have ordered extra lobster and I may order two escargot appetizers but, other than that, we keep it under control pretty well. (It's the booze that will make people fat. Lots of calories there.)

Milkshakes are available on deck 15 .

Depends on the ship. It is on the same deck (Lido) as the buffet which is deck 15 on some ships and deck 14 on some others.

No milkshakes on Royal, Regal, Ocean and Pacific.

You must have taken that picture a while ago. I'm currently on the Emerald in the Baltics & Med and the price for a mocktail is $5.00. I also have a complete list of drinks in the Piazza and will scan them when I get back.

Edited by born2cruize

You must have taken that picture a while ago. I'm currently on the Emerald in the Baltics & Med and the price for a mocktail is $5.00. I also have a complete list of drinks in the Piazza and will scan them when I get back.

Are they drinks still the same?

And cost does not matter with package, correct?

The wait-staff have also asked to see my drink card when I have been at the buffet and have asked for orange juice. I don't tip when using the card because I feel their service comes out of the daily tip charge we pay. That being said, our two waiters/waitresses at super do get a special tip at the weeks end.

That mocktail menu was from March. I've been reading here on CC that bar prices have gone up since then.