Bad first impression

cd4lsu

My wife and I normally sail on Carnival, but we decided to give Royal Caribbean a try. We are currently standing and have been for an hour in a long line waiting to get into the Windjammer. They have still not opened it up. We have never had this problem with Carnival. I booked a March cruise during the BOGOHO sale, I am beginning to think it was a mistake. Royal Caribbean has definitely made a bad first impression. There is actually no foo ready on the ship!

What time did you board??

When I checked in for the Navigator I was handed a boarding day Compass to cover the early hours on the ship before cabins are ready.

Ours was in the stateroom, it wasn't handed to us at check in.

Gee, I guess things must have changed in the last 9 years since you last "checked in" on a Royal ship! :D

Have you people never experienced hanger before??? It's a completely acceptable excuse for creating a vent thread!

I am trying to get some hanger space in NH. Any suggestions?

The only things that I have learned about women:

They need to be kept fed.

They need to be kept warm.

They need to be kept dry.

They need to be kept entertained.

So just maybe they were at a high frustration point. But, if you starve onboard...it is your own fault. If you have a medical problem requiring you to eat, then YOU need to be responsible for YOUR wellness.

I am trying to get some hanger space in NH. Any suggestions?

The only things that I have learned about women:

They need to be kept fed.

They need to be kept warm.

They need to be kept dry.

They need to be kept entertained.

Wow I didn't mean this to take a sexist turn. I could say that all of the above is true for every man I know, too. Hanger can happen to anyone!

on the next OP posting. But, I am guessing they are in line for the first tender and will be back telling us all that they got in line at 3am and had to wait hours to get off the ship.

But looking on the bright side, at least they were not waiting in line for the bathroom.

Guest maddycat
Cruise Critical?

This forum is a island of information surrounded by an ocean of drama.

Excellent analysis. So true.

Thanks for asking. I'm curious also. They said hanger 3 times and I have no idea what it is. :confused:

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought I used enough context clues, but with the days of autocorrect, one can never be sure! Hangry is what happens when you are angry because you are hungry. Hungry + Angry = Hangry

But my point is that I think it's ridiculous that we're accusing the OP of not following directions or being ignorant just because of this thread. OP was in line for the buffet to open... probably hadn't eaten since that morning. The doors weren't opening and she was getting frustrated, so why not take advantage of the last bit of cellular service she had before heading off to sea to voice her complaints about the buffet not being open? When you feel like you can't do anything to help the situation, sometimes it just helps to vent and let your feelings be heard.

Will the buffet not being open on the first day really cause her to have a terrible cruise? Probably not. She probably forgot all about it after the afternoon muster drill and sail-away party.

I'm a little disappointed but not surprised by all of the harsh responses in this thread. We could have been a little more positive and understanding... "Hey, I'm sorry that you're having to wait so long to eat today, but I can assure you it's not normally like this! Royal Caribbean is a great cruise line which I love, and I hope that the rest of your cruise goes much better and will make you love it, too."

This thread would make good research material for some PhD candidate - why do some comments on a web forum get very few replies while others seem to get a lot of responses.

.....or was it just a post whore day.......:cool:

Edited by kemenyg

This thread would make good research material for some PhD candidate - why do some comments on a web forum get very few replies while others seem to get a lot of responses.

.....or was it just a post whore day.......:cool:

One can only picture someone made up lady in risque clothes outside Windjammers going, "Hey, baby need a date?"

Only to to get a response by the OP of, "No, just a roll to tide me over till lunch."

How does one "lose their place in line" at a wide open buffet like Windjammer??:D:rolleyes:

The same way outside the PL on CL/DL nights.

One person arrives to be first and starts a Q. Others then join that Q.

Then new people arriving also wishing to be first in a Q start new Qs

And so it goes on, with the usual mutterings and anger about Q jumpers

But with still 20 minutes to go before the doors open there in now one mass of people all seeking to get in front of each another, with the subtle use of elbows and shoulders. eek:

The new demographic rules.

NO FOO! NO FOO! I WANT FOO!

Bad News: If you already regret booking a Royal Caribbean ship, you're stuck on her for 7 nights!

Good News: I don't recall hearing about any Royal Caribbean ships being towed back to Texas!