Help please - Identify resort?

c-leg5

After looking at it on their website , my guess is maybe Infinity Bay, again, a somewhat educated guess..The whole West Bay area is not all that large, so anywhere there should be just fine..

Edited by TXSAIL

When I goggled

"ShoreExcursioneer tour -

"Sightseeing & Luxury Beach Resort!"

The pics are of Mayan Princess.

So is that the pool at Mayan Princess? Seems to me there are photos of several places along West Bay? One of the aerial shots looks like Mayan Princess and one looks like Infinity? I have had problems before with inaccurate photos on their tour descriptions.

It would be strange to be Mayan Princess because they already have a day pass to there. Maybe difference is that this one includes some sightseeing and two drinks and maybe not as long at resort?

I am waiting to hear back from Shore Excursioneer but they seem slow to answer. Live chat person didn't know???

The only pic I see that may not be questionable is one of most of west bay. I don't see any pics that look like Infinity to me.

San Simon is next to Mayan.. it is in all the looking toward the resort pics. They actually consider San Simon part of Mayan now. It is the sandy bit with the blue vertical flags.

I have only been back to the Mayan Pool once.. what I can tell you is there are only two places in West Bay with pools .. this is not the Infinity Bay Resort pool is it must be Mayan. Add all the other pics and San Simon to the mix.. I will agree at least one of the pics looks to be taken from Mayan looking toward Infinity. Wait, that pic is taken from Bananrama looking toward Infinity.. the loungers are Paradise Beach Clubs cause the red/orange building is Coral Sands.

I would be stunned if you find out the pics are other than Mayan. Do keep me posted.. :)

Edited by Guest 2000

The only pic I see that may not be questionable is one of most of west bay. I don't see any pics that look like Infinity to me.

San Simon is next to Mayan.. it is in all the looking toward the resort pics. They actually consider San Simon part of Mayan now. It is the sandy bit with the blue vertical flags.

I have only been back to the Mayan Pool once.. what I can tell you is there are only two places in West Bay with pools .. this is not the Infinity Bay Resort pool is it must be Mayan. Add all the other pics and San Simon to the mix.. I will agree at least one of the pics looks to be taken from Mayan looking toward Infinity. Wait, that pic is taken from Bananrama looking toward Infinity.. the loungers are Paradise Beach Clubs cause the red/orange building is Coral Sands.

I would be stunned if you find out the pics are other than Mayan. Do keep me posted.. :)

I looked at the website pics and also the ones of the excursion to Mayan Princess. And as I looked at the pictures of both resorts on their websites to compare, I noticed a lot of mixing and matching of different places on the shoreexcursioneer site, including food shots. So I think they're being a bit vague on the resort, and just showing West Bay pics as enticement. But since they do specifically name the Mayan Princess in one excursion, I'd assume they'd use it in both just different options based on the price and amenities offered in each tour.

Thanks Guest and Crewsweeper.

I finally got to talk to a live agent tonight who confirmed it was Mayan Princess as suspected. I thought it probably was but I didn't recognize the pool from photos I have seen before - I didn't know there was a swim-up bar but I did find a YouTube video that seemed to confirm that this afternoon.

Administration of tours through shorexcursioneer have usually been OK in the past but I have had issues with misleading and erroneous photos before.

I am not sure this is where we will go, but at least I know where the tour goes to now!

• 4 weeks later...

c-leg5-when are you "maybe" going here? I'm considering this place as a possibility, but just starting to research it since I really can't find anyplace that I want to go yet. I was just wondering if you would be headed to Roatan before me in November.

c-leg5-when are you "maybe" going here? I'm considering this place as a possibility, but just starting to research it since I really can't find anyplace that I want to go yet. I was just wondering if you would be headed to Roatan before me in November.

I am also looking for somewhere for November but now I know which resort this goes to I don't think I will be going there this time.