How do you "carry" your sea pass around?

I bought a clip-on ID holder on board in the Logo shop. I clip it to the waistband of my slacks or shorts. It has a pull string and clear plastic holder for your sea pass. Works great and if you wear a top that goes over the waistband of your slacks, you can't even see it. Like it better than the lanyard you hang around your neck.

Gwen :)

I use a ID/Badge holder at work. I took that with me. It doesn't clip on exactly, but has a clip-like thing you can hook to your belt loop or a purse strap, etc. Has a retractable pull string like Gwen said. It was perfect. You can pick up a single one or a set of 3 at places like Staples or Office Depot. Costs about $1.50 each.

clips.jpg.44d2867dc34bee477b22a836106e49c2.jpg

Edited by StarSong2001

It's ok, dacsmom - we'll know each other by our lanyards. :)

in FACT - on my 2016 cruise, ALL I'll be wearing on the ship is my lanyard. No pockets to keep anything in. Same for hubby. ;)

That's it....wearing nothing BUT the lanyard, Got it!

In my pocket. If I do not have pockets, then I put it in my husband's pocket. In the evening, I carry a small wristlet handbag for my camera and eyeglasses.

I wouldn't be caught dead walking around wearing the Sea Pass around my neck, and I've stood fast on that thinking over many cruises.

If you are caught dead, then how will they identify you? :D

I always use a waterproof card case like for swimming. I keep my seapass, photo id (in case I get lost & need to be returned to a responsible adult ;) ) & some cash in there. I wear it throughout the vacay (cruise or otherwise) inside my shirt so I have what I need whether I'm in the pool or not. You can buy them on Amazon or a local swim shop for $5-$10 depending on the size you get, some are big enough to fit keys & larger items. I've found they're also handy at Disney!

HUH? :eek:

It's called "packing light". ;) A few skirts/tops for port days/dining room, and that's it. Never have to worry if my bathing suits are dry!

Remind not to go on that cruise [emoji33]

It's gonna be a lot of fun!

Hi! Would like to know if Royal provides some kind of "device" (like a necklace) to carry your seapass around...? :)

My DDs will certainly not carry a purse/beach bag around the ship and I'm afraid the cards will be lost within a day or two..... Not fun!! :mad:

Any tricks you came-up withnthat you can share? Thanks!

Mel

We just use our pockets.

I'm another of the "I would never use a lanyard" crowd. I always carry mine in my pocket. My swim suit has a zippered (or Velcro) pocket so I don't have to worry about it falling out while in the water. DW usually has hers in her purse but if she's not carrying her purse or if she doesn't have pockets, I carry hers also.

Originally Posted by Jobeth66 View Post

It's ok, dacsmom - we'll know each other by our lanyards.

in FACT - on my 2016 cruise, ALL I'll be wearing on the ship is my lanyard. No pockets to keep anything in. Same for hubby.

HUH? :eek:

LOL Maybe it's a clothing optional cruise! Good Catch killtheup. Still ROTHFLOL

Edited by Ohio-C-Luver

I'm in the dark about some opinions regarding a lanyard. Lanyards are popular among many in the NJ-NY metro crowd. When I was working in public education, lanyards were a popular item to give out to students, staff, and parents. Many college students use them for keys, cards, or other misc items. I've seen some students resort to using old shoe laces in place of a broken lanyard.

To this point in time I've assumed it is a regional fashion faux pas akin to socks and sandals, Crocs, formal bowling shirts, etc.....

1. I want to go on the lanyards-only cruise. Sounds like my kind of fun!

2. I'm a geek and am used to wearing lanyards from all the cons I attend.

Since my next cruise (5 weeks) is my honeymoon, I plan on bringing a collection of different lanyards to wear. They are often conversation starters when people notice them.

Whatever choice you make is good if it is good for you. It's vacation, not rocket surgery. Don't sweat it (or the opinions of others).