When do excursions usually show up?

Carole_T

Our cruise isn't until December 2015. How soon can I expect to see excursions posted for booking on my Princess Personalizer? Is there a general rule or just whenever they get around to it?

Thanks for your responses:)

Thanks for the input!

Perhaps it's the destination and how often they sail those ports that determine it?

I'm sure I won't be missing them-just a little curious as to what will be available!:rolleyes:

They can be available early on, but for the winter season 2015 cruises probably not until sometime next summer. Princess will have to finalize the contracts with the tour operators before they can place them for sale. Contracts for some ports may be done before others so all ports may not show up at the same time. If you want to see what will most likely be available go to the Plan a Cruise section of the Princess web site. Port excursions are shown there. It's not done on a whenever they get around to it basis.

Thanks for the input!

Perhaps it's the destination and how often they sail those ports that determine it?

I'm sure I won't be missing them-just a little curious as to what will be available!:rolleyes:

Yes, it depends on when the contracts for the ports are completed. I've seen them available at different times so you can check back later to see if anything else has been added. The time it was available 11 months in advance was for a fall Med/TA cruise back to the US.

I'd recommend booking as soon as possible because I've often seen prices increase before the tour begins and you can cancel up until about 36 hours before the tour starts. One of the great things about Princess is they allow us to pre-book tours without prepaying like some other cruise lines. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes, it depends on when the contracts for the ports are completed. I've seen them available at different times so you can check back later to see if anything else has been added. The time it was available 11 months in advance was for a fall Med/TA cruise back to the US.

I'd recommend booking as soon as possible because I've often seen prices increase before the tour begins and you can cancel up until about 36 hours before the tour starts. One of the great things about Princess is they allow us to pre-book tours without prepaying like some other cruise lines. :)

I had no idea they raised prices once they posted the excursions:eek:

Since they don't charge, you can be we'll book ours as soon as they show up!

Since they don't charge, you can bet we'll book ours as soon as they show up!

Since they don't charge, you can bet we'll book ours as soon as they show up!

Usually it's been in the $5 to $25 range however for one very popular tour the price nearly doubled for those who booked closer to the tour. :eek:

While I've never had a problem it's a good idea to print your reservation with the price just in case there's an issue on the ship with wanting to charge you a higher price.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Not always and not on all the excursions when they do.

Here is an example from a Princess cruise we took a couple of years ago:

The prices on board were higher (up to 89%) than the prices for most tours that we booked in advance.

Tour 1 In advance $49 Onboard $59, $10 more

Tour 2 In advance $99 Onboard $129, $30 more

Tour 3 In advance $69 Onboard $69, same pricing

Tour 4 In advance $69 Onboard $89, $20 more

Tour 5 In advance $29 Onboard $55, $26 more

Tour 6 In advance $129 Onboard $139, $10 more

Tour 7 In advance $59 Onboard $69, $10 more

Edited by caribill

Excursions for our March 30th, 2015 Spring Break Cruise were available on the day I booked (June 25th). Our previous cruise, June 14th Eastern Caribbean had they excursions open up about 140 days before the sailing. I think it all depends on contracts. As the CB is sailing Eastern and Western itineraries now, the contracts are most likely already in place.

Well, I was hoping for a more standard time for all cruises, but since I'm already obsessively checking for price drops this far out :o, what's clicking a few more buttons to see if excursions are out:p

Thanks again everybody. Love all the info and insight CC'ers provide!

You can always check in at your Roll Call for your cruise as some Private Excursions may have already been organized. Our last cruise we only did 2 Princess Excursions the others were all Private with 9-12 people and not a bus load of 55. The private one's are also much cheaper and can be personalized to the groups wishes.

We were able to pre reserve shore excursions six months in advance on our upcoming cruise in January.

You are charged the price at which you pre reserved if/when the excursion price goes up.

We've had this happen to us a couple of times ... once an increase of $14 pp. No problem -- the price at which we booked was the price we were charged. :)

LuLu