Experiences with pre-purchased flowers for cabin

Azure Moon

Coral, that’s what I like to hear! Multiple purchases and consistently good results with quality and longevity. I’ll take a look at that large flower arrangement.

svend52, it’s wonderful to hear the Personal Choice Arrangements have been beautiful. Wow! It’s awesome that Princess freshened up your arrangements!!! I said it earlier, and I’ll say it again: Princess sounds like a great cruise line for flower lovers ♥.

runner15km, how sweet of you to order roses for your dear wife! I’m glad to hear they made her happy and lasted for the better part of the sailing. Lol, a women thing, huh?!? :D

The flowers I ordered, but didn’t receive, on my last NCL cruise were roses (would have been first sailing with roses). Maybe I should give a do-over on roses…

evandbob, it’s fantastic to hear your red roses lasted so long. It’s looking like that do-over may become reality, hmmm…

Where can you purchase the flowers on the Crown? I've never seen flowers for purchase, but never had the need to look. My sister's birthday is the second day of our cruise and I think my brother-in-law would like to get them for her on the ship.

Mary Ann 2, you bring up interesting topics!

One, if the pre-ordered flowers are made up of last week’s flowers.

Two, the onboard selling of flowers, mentioned by an earlier poster along with the wonderful ability to choose flowers based on preference and suitablility, and now with your mention of the flowers seeming to be fresher.

Three, Europe and their supply of fresh flowers.

That cruise I didn’t get my roses on was a European cruise and the cruise line mentioned their vendor/supply/delivery as the cause of my missing arrangement, though it could have been to any number of reasons.

It truely would be interesting to find out more about the flowers and the cruise industry. I wonder if Cruise Critic has ever done an article on the subject :) .

Colo Cruiser, it’s wonderful to hear you love the flowers! And terrific to learn from a second poster that Princess will replace flowers that need it. Such a terrific thing to do! For the third time, lol, I’m going to say it again: Princess sounds like a great cruise line for flower lovers ♥.

Loonbeam, your photograph and the floral arrangement are gorgeous! The colors are beautiful and the arrangement is so full :cool:. Bird of Paradise is a perfect cruise flower. Thank you so much for the picture.

There are numberous threads of cabin pictures, food pictures, port pictures, alcoholic beverages pictures, etc., maybe we ought to have one for flower pictures also!

Thanks to each and every one of you for telling about your experiences with floral arrangements on Princess. You’ve convinced me to purchase some for our Alaskan cruise. I’ll most likely pre-purchase as it would be my luck that on-board sales wouldn’t take place the week I’m on, and I don’t want to go a second cruise in a row without beautiful flowers to come “home” to each evening. I will give on-board a try someday, though.

It’s hard to choose just one arrangement :rolleyes:, but at the moment I’m leaning towards that retry on roses.

Would love to hear more experiences, please keep them coming!

There’s been at least one mention of bringing flowers on in port. Any one else do this? What ports have you been successful doing this? I’ve read quite a few people purchase flowers at a Seattle market and carry them on ships in that port. In Hawaii there were floral arrangements being sold in some of the areas you pass through to get back onto the ship. I don’t think they were being sold by the ship, but by a local business. In other ports I've thought about buying a bouquet and carrying on, if allowed by that ship and at that port, but hadn't seen a florist close by hotel or where we've been dropped off by taxi.

Where can you purchase the flowers on the Crown? I've never seen flowers for purchase, but never had the need to look. My sister's birthday is the second day of our cruise and I think my brother-in-law would like to get them for her on the ship.

We've seen them selling floral arrangements on the starboard (right) side of Promenade deck just forward of the Explorers Lounge in an area adjacent to the center stairways before the atrium. That's where we've seen them on most of the various Grand-class ships including the Crown. I seem to recall that sometimes it's listed in the Patter & the PSD may be able to tell you where & when you can order flowers and have seen flowers displayed there.

We've enjoyed the Ultimate Balcony Dinner which includes a small floral arrangement.

Edited by Astro Flyer

There are numberous threads of cabin pictures, food pictures, port pictures, alcoholic beverages pictures, etc., maybe we ought to have one for flower pictures also!

Thanks to each and every one of you for telling about your experiences with floral arrangements on Princess. You’ve convinced me to purchase some for our Alaskan cruise. I’ll most likely pre-purchase as it would be my luck that on-board sales wouldn’t take place the week I’m on, and I don’t want to go a second cruise in a row without beautiful flowers to come “home” to each evening. I will give on-board a try someday, though.

It’s hard to choose just one arrangement :rolleyes:, but at the moment I’m leaning towards that retry on roses.

Would love to hear more experiences, please keep them coming!

There’s been at least one mention of bringing flowers on in port. Any one else do this? What ports have you been successful doing this? I’ve read quite a few people purchase flowers at a Seattle market and carry them on ships in that port. In Hawaii there were floral arrangements being sold in some of the areas you pass through to get back onto the ship. I don’t think they were being sold by the ship, but by a local business. In other ports I've thought about buying a bouquet and carrying on, if allowed by that ship and at that port, but hadn't seen a florist close by hotel or where we've been dropped off by taxi.

I have purchased flowers in Vancouver brought them on board for an Alaska cruise B2B, several times. I always purchase a red and pink ginger arrangement from a vendor in the cruise terminal in Barbados - I consider this a tradition. The ginger lasts for weeks, but the greenery dies in a week or so. I have purchased beautiful flowers from the Publix store in Ft. Lauderdale and taken them on with wonderful results as well. I have several collapsible vases I use. They work very well. It can be a little tricky to handle the flowers during check in and boarding, but if you are careful, no problem.

Edited by yoyosma

We were on an Alaskan cruise in late May. Usually, the suites we've booked had the tropical arrangement of flowers in them. This time, there was a live orchid plant. It was beautiful! Will be cruising again in Oct in a suite - will be anxious to see what flowers we get this time!

Marianne in PA

:):):)

, you bring up interesting topics!

One, if the pre-ordered flowers are made up of last week’s flowers.

No - they are not. The flowers come to the ship first thing in the morning and all of the pre-ordered flowers are made up on the first day of the cruise. They are from the same batch as if you order flowers that day on the ship or the next day.

Edited by Coral

We've seen them selling floral arrangements on the starboard (right) side of Promenade deck just forward of the Explorers Lounge in an area adjacent to the center stairways before the atrium. That's where we've seen them on most of the various Grand-class ships including the Crown. I seem to recall that sometimes it's listed in the Patter & the PSD may be able to tell you where & when you can order flowers and have seen flowers displayed there.

We've enjoyed the Ultimate Balcony Dinner which includes a small floral arrangement.

Thank you! I'll check it out!

I always buy my flowers on my way to the ship and bring them on with me. It has worked out well most of the time and my stateroom attendant will bring me a vase.

If I am somewhere that I cannot find a store that has flowers then I usually wait for the first port where I can find somewhere.

BUT!...no flowers are allowed to go off the ship.

$39 "Princess Arrangement". I called a few weeks before our cruise from Southampton, down to the Canaries, in May this year and the arrangement was in or cabin when we boarded. As the 11 days went on my wife had to do a bit of rearranging but the majority of the flowers lasted the full cruise.

PB060321.jpg.75a53d5ec0b98b9884eff247beb58cde.jpg