Experiences with pre-purchased flowers for cabin

Azure Moon

Hello. I have ordered flowers through the ship on previous cruises (NCL) and have been thinking of doing so on my next one (Princess).

On NCL, one arrangement (a gift) while starting out nice, didn't hold up as well as I'd hoped for during the sailing :(, so I chose a different arrangement for future purchases for gifts and myself. Once, an arrangement wasn't in my cabin. The ship gave us OBC for the purchase price of the flowers and sent a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries to apologize for the lack of floral arrangement. Very nice of them, though I'd really rather have had the flowers :). When we sail NCL again, I will purchase again :cool:.

I am interested in hearing of experiences with the arrangements offered by Princess. Did anyone have better luck with one arrangement over another one? All have started and finished the cruise beautifully? Too small for the price? Any other thoughts: such as the ordering process, not receiving the correct arrangement, not receiving the arrangement at all - and what happened with that, any other comments?

Thank you!

I always order one if we don't get a suite (suites get a flower arrangement). I like the tropical one - it seems to hold up better than one with roses, etc. Plus, the tropical one just seems more "cruise" to me. On our last cruise, it wasn't in our room upon boarding, but was in there by the time we returned to our cabin to get ready for dinner.

My boyfriend sent me flowers last March when I was on the Grand and they were beautiful and stayed good thru the whole 7 day cruise. They were in my cabin when I got on board. Wish I could have taken them home but I was flying back to Vegas and couldn't......:(

Only one time did we pre-purchase our flowers on Princess but since then have easily ordered them on the ship. My wife cannot tolerate the scent of certain flowers (Asiatic lilies) used in their arrangements so she prefers to order onboard to get the flowers that she enjoys. They frequently have a stand set up where you can order your floral arrangement on the ship.

We have also have brought flowers from ports & our cabin steward brings us a vase but in most ports you may not remove flowers from the ship.

I have ordered the large flower arrangement several times and they look great at the end of the cruise. We often do B2B2Bs and they usually last longer than 7 days.

I think they are a bargain as the arrangement would cost 2x that where I live.

I probably wouldn't order the roses as I have heard they don't last as long as the other flowers.

I've preordered the Personal Choice Arrangement to have in our cabin when we board for our past few cruises(10 day). Always beautiful but some of the flowers died after about a week on the last two cruises. Stopped by the front desk and asked if they would mind "freshening up" the arrangement, gave them our cabin number and had fresh flowers by the end of the day. A very nice gesture which I'm sure they didn't have to do but really made us feel like Princess cares.

I ordered the large Rose arrangement and by day 5 on our Alaska cruise they were done. The roses were in the cabin on day 1 and my wife enjoyed the flowers. As for me i could care less about flowers, its a women thing. :p

I have stopped ordering flowers ahead of time because several times the flowers were not as fresh looking as the ones they were selling at the table, and they did not last the week. I'd rather spend a little more onboard and get what I think are flowers that were just delivered onboard that week. (Unless we're in Europe where I'm not sure they get fresh flowers every week from past experiences.) Don't know if it's true or not, but I suspected the ones ordered ahead of time and waiting for me or delivered shortly after arrival were made with the previous week's flowers.

Having said that, the ones that I have gotten onboard were fresh and lasted the whole cruise if less than 10 days (recent long Hawaii cruise started dying before the end).

Hi

We ordered flowers on board , and they looked great in our suite for 15 days. I did pick out and discard some not so pretty ones starting mid cruise

A potted orchid might last 28 days, but I don't think it's available onboard

So I suppose there aren't any arrangements that would last for a 28 day cruise?

We were able to buy beautiful arrangements in Tahiti for around $15. We could bring them on the ship without any problems. The lasted the two weeks to LA. The still looked nice when we disembarked but we were not allowed to remove them from the ship.

Chris

Mine have lasted a week or so. I love them and think they're really beautiful. I think they're pricey, but very nice. I do think the tropical ones last longer than the roses. Here's pictures of some of them:

I love those! :D

I have pre-ordered the roses for each of the 4 cruises we have taken and my wife has loved them each time. The bouquet has lasted for the entire duration of the cruise each time (7-9 days)

I will certainly be pre-ordering them again for our upcoming 10-day cruise.

These were ours on last Princess cruise - most of them held up pretty well, a few here and there started to wilt after about a week, which is to be expected...

Panama2011Card2-40-X2.jpg

I ordered this arrangement for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law for their 50th anniversary. It held up well.

I really don't like mixed arrangements unless I pick out the flowers....So I always bring one of the portable food up plastic vases and bring my own flowers.....They have always lasted at least a week....and then I give them to the steward who usually seems to like them. This last cruise it turned out that his family was in the horticultural business. I have picked flowers and brought them out. In Key West I picked some night blooming jasmine and it was wonderful....(It was from a friends house), I have bought flowers at the markets in Asia.....Never have I had a problem....as they never come off the ship...only on....and no one in security has ever questioned it....

fabby50, I’m with you on the tropical ones seeming more “cruise”. That is what I’ve purchased the most. I’m so happy that your flowers made it to your cabin :) .

vie lee, that was so sweet of your boyfriend. Glad to hear they were beautiful and long-lived. :cool: Off topic: Hope your weather is still cooler. We loved the breeze on the evening of the 2nd, though it did cancel the Bellagio fountain show we, and the crowd, wanted to see. Hubby and I will have to visit your city again someday and try again.

bhopal21, lol, your flowers sound like they bloomed their little hearts out trying to make that lovely long cruise! Twelve days is a nice length of cruise. Thank you, I’m sure I will be since you’ve had such good luck having had so many arrangements. Cool!

Astro Flyer, Oohhh, I’ve not heard of being able to order flowers on the ship before. That’s a terrific thing to be able to do! I’m happy to hear that your wife is able to select flowers, and I agree with your wife about the Asiatic lilies. They’re beautiful, but very potent :eek:!!! Princess sounds like a great cruise line for flower lovers ♥. It’s nice to learn that Princess is okay with passengers bringing on flowers in port. I’d love to do that one day, as I don’t think one can ever have too many flowers, though my hubby doesn’t agree :p.