Meat Quality in Cagney's (breakaway)

mcsb11

<snipped>

I admit that I was quite disappointed with the quality during my earlier cruise because I believed the reports that the food was excellent, and thought that NCL would provide a very good product similar to a steakhouse chain...but I was wrong. So, in my opinion it's worth $16 but not much more, especially considering that there is some $ allocation for the same dinner in my cruise fare.

I have to agree with your entire post. I quoted the section above because I too am amazed by the reports of such wonderful food on board. There seem to be two camps, that the food is inedible, or it is the best food on the planet. Your comment about Outback is spot on, I think. Cagney's is better than the main dining room, but is only on a par with a place like Outback.

Cagney's is now $30 per person, and I think it's overpriced at that level. It was borderline at $25 (about the same price per person as a meal at Outback). You are not consuming the MDR food that I would probably value at about $12. So the "price" you are paying was really $32 (as the Cagney's steak should have been discounted for you saving them that much in the MDR).

• 1 year later...

Hey the sun is out today. Why doesn't someone start complaining about that!!

If you don't like it, don't eat there. Just leaves more space for those of us not so choosey and who know a good thing when we see it.....

Ive done the steakhouse on Princess, NCL and Carnival and my favorite was Carnival. They know how to do a steakhouse! Going to try Cagneys again in Oct..and hoping we enjoy it more than the first time!

We had dined in Cagney's a couple of times on our recent Breakaway cruise. I must say, while it wasn't Peter Lugar's quality steak, it was much better then many of the steaks I enjoyed on other lines.

You can never expect to have the quality of food that you can find in a prime restaurant on any ship. Never sailed on the Oceania or other five star ships and maybe they have prime beef.

If you don't like it, don't eat there. Just leaves more space for those of us not so choosey and who know a good thing when we see it.....

OP just wanted them to clarify the advertising. If you're happy being mislead then more power to you.

We had dined in Cagney's a couple of times on our recent Breakaway cruise. I must say, while it wasn't Peter Lugar's quality steak

I went to Peter Luger's in Brooklyn once. The steak was burned outside and I was so in awe of this temple of cow worship I didn't dare complain.

Other, more convenient, Manhattan steakhouses are much better!

U.S.D.A. prime beef is illegal in the European Union as it is packed with hormones........but still tastes great!