Cabin question

Merriem

Have not been on Oceania since they had just the Regatta. I am wondering about the PH cabins, as we are booked in a PH3 and it looks like there could be a lot of noise from the cafe above. Previously we were in what would now be a PH 1 and there was morning noise putting deck chairs out very early. I would like a couple of suggestions on recommended cabins on that deck. Thank you for your comments. We have time to change, and do not want a lot of noise.

Edited by Merriem

We just came off Nautica and in stateroom 8052. We heard the food carts in the AM (setup) and in the evening (10pm cleanup). Not too disturbing but noticeable.

It is pot luck as to what side of the kitchen they use. Previous Nautica in 8059 it was definitely noticeable in the AM.

We just came off Nautica and in stateroom 8052. We heard the food carts in the AM (setup) and in the evening (10pm cleanup). Not too disturbing but noticeable.

It is pot luck as to what side of the kitchen they use. Previous Nautica in 8059 it was definitely noticeable in the AM.

Thank you. I was reading some comments online about that group of cabins, and think I will have my TA move us! as we are light sleepers and that will not work.

Appreciate it.

We housed in 8006 the last time we sailed. I was initially concerned regarding elevator/stairway noise, connecting room and noise from above. We heard nothing, except one night when the neighbors were having a somewhat loud conversation, but would have likely heard that under any circumstances. That cabin had the additional advantage of just a quick walk up the stairs to the spa hot tub (DH went nearly every night to enjoy the stars), which is accessible to PH cruisers. I would happily book it again.

We housed in 8006 the last time we sailed. I was initially concerned regarding elevator/stairway noise, connecting room and noise from above. We heard nothing, except one night when the neighbors were having a somewhat loud conversation, but would have likely heard that under any circumstances. That cabin had the additional advantage of just a quick walk up the stairs to the spa hot tub (DH went nearly every night to enjoy the stars), which is accessible to PH cruisers. I would happily book it again.

Thanks for the update. I think this will be much better!

We were in 11083 on the Marina and yes you do hear it above-not bad put you hear it.

Rick

A lot of this depends on your fellow passengers. We've had that same cabin on the Marina and on some cruises we never heard a whisper of noise, so it might just have been Ron & Ricks' bad luck that they were sailing with a rowdy group.

b_211126.jpgb_211147.jpg

From a noise perspective, Deck 8 on the R ships is fairly well designed. There are Officers Cabins below the Fitness Center, for example, and there are so many Lounge chairs, that they are seldom moved around on the Pool Deck, above.

Oceania_Regatta_013.JPG

Do they move them when it rains (to protect them)?

They do move them in the evenings & stack them under the overhang

Then put them back out in the morning

yes I have seen them move them when it rains ..it is a mad scramble to get them under cover