Switch to MTD?

Hi Everyone,

We are having an exhausting and stressful time trying to leave for our cruise and I'm so tired I can't think straight.

Here is the situation: Our preferences list second seating traditional dining and that is what we requested, however, we've been waitlisted for that and put in 5:45 seating which just won't work for any of us.

There are 4 adults and one "child" (11 years old going on 40) in our group and I have two questions:

1. Would it be too late to switch to MTD and try to get a standing res for 8:30? I think I had to do this once before, but it has been a few years and I can't find my notes for that cruise.

2. Can you think of any disadvantage to doing this?

3. What/when/where/how would be the best way to make the change.

The cruise leaves TOMORROW and we have two linked reservations.

Many thanks for all your help. I'd be at my wit's end if I couldn't get advice from you all given how things are going in our household right now.

Edited by Citizen Jane

Hi Everyone,

We are having an exhausting and stressful time trying to leave for our cruise and I'm so tired I can't think straight.

Here is the situation: Our preferences list second seating traditional dining and that is what we requested, however, we've been waitlisted for that and put in 5:45 seating which just won't work for any of us.

There are 4 adults and one "child" (11 years old going on 40) in our group and I have two questions:

1. Would it be too late to switch to MTD and try to get a standing res for 8:30? I think I had to do this once before, but it has been a few years and I can't find my notes for that cruise.

2. Can you think of any disadvantage to doing this?

3. What/when/where/how would be the best way to make the change.

The cruise leaves TOMORROW and we have two linked reservations.

Many thanks for all your help. I'd be at my wit's end if I couldn't get advice from you all given how things are going in our household right now.

1- yes, they lock things down 3 days before sailing

3 - as soon as you get on board go to the MDR and see the Maitre'D he'll do his best to get you what you want !!

Happy Cruising !!

Steve

Just do My Time... All you have to do is prepay gratuities you will be charged daily anyway.... And you pick your time and table size. Although this late in the game you may not have a lot of table time options

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As mentioned your only choice at this point is to talk to the maitre'd at the MDR after you board. They are very accommodating and will do everything possible to help you with your preferences.

But go to see him first thing as soon as you board as there typically are a number of people with requests to be made and it is handled first come, first served. And the sooner you talk with him the better the choices will be. Also, the first night on board can be chaotic with regards to dining requests and changes and it may be until the second night until your request can be accommodated.

MTD may be a viable option to consider at this point as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks everyone. I did try to also contact the Concierge for help since we are staying in a GS, but I haven't gotten a response either to my initial email or the one I sent as a response to a general greeting one from him. But given what everyone says about the state of internet on the ship and how busy he is, I'm not surprised. I have, however, been trying to do something about it!

I figured hightailing it to the maitre'd would be the thing to do.

Of course, I guess we could just order off the dining room menu in the suite every night, but it wouldn't be quite the same.:D

Thanks everyone. I did try to also contact the Concierge for help since we are staying in a GS, but I haven't gotten a response either to my initial email or the one I sent as a response to a general greeting one from him. But given what everyone says about the state of internet on the ship and how busy he is, I'm not surprised. I have, however, been trying to do something about it!

I figured hightailing it to the maitre'd would be the thing to do.

Of course, I guess we could just order off the dining room menu in the suite every night, but it wouldn't be quite the same.:D

The Concierge certainly can assist you but at this point your best bet IMO would be to go directly to the Maitre'd as suggested. That way you are dealing first hand with those who can help and maybe then have the Concierge follow up as well. I am confident you will get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

how does that work with MTD with 14???

Much much much harder. You really need to set up reservations for each night. Just walking in and expecting them to seat 14 promptly is a bit unrealistic.

You will also have more flexibility if you agree to take two tables.

:)