2015-2016 Cruise Atlas available on HAL web site

RetiredMustang

You know, all of us have assumed that the newbuild, if it is indeed built as a HAL ship, will make an early in her career arrival in North America.

The growth market for the cruise industry is in the Pacific region: Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan. Royal Caribbean has so recognized this that she is pulling her new Quantum of the Seas out of Port Liberty (from where she had been originally slated to sail year round) after several months of service and positioning her in China. From what I read on the Message Boards from the good people who live Down Under, many are growing tired of receiving second-hand tonnage. Given the lack of information about the newbuild in this new Atlas makes me wonder: will the newbuild be sent Down Under and not to North America or kept in Europe?

Excellent idea to send the new ship to us "Down Under".:)

Fret not.

I didn't forget. ;)

I am looking at the relative newness of Eurodam in chronology of when each of the ships joined the fleet. It is pertinent to the status of the HAL fleet if what you call a 'not current event' ship is the second newest. IMO

You and I have very different perspective and I think that makes the conversation interesting.

Why does Princess fleet have the ships you are extolling and HAL does not?

Simply referencing ships that have done what we have been discussing in recent years (or coming months in this case). I thought I had already made that abundantly clear but apparently that was not the case for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To be honest: I can hardly imagine that the HAL newbuild is going to Asia year-round, although it is a fast growing market.

IMHO they might keep it as it is currently - one or two ships sent to Asia during the winter season. In 2015/16, only Volendam operates there frequently, as far as I know.

And Australia in 2015/16 is also only operated by one ship - Noordam.

maybe the Pinnacle ship might enter those markets in 2016/17. ;)

For me, it could be most likely that she will be deployed in Europe - hopefully on interesting Scandinavia itineraries. :)

Simply referencing ships that have done what we have been discussing in recent years (or coming months in this case). I thought I had already made that abundantly clear but apparently that was not the case for some.

So far as I can see, you see the relevancy and I have been trying to say I do not.

I am making a point HAL's fleet is getting aged.

Two viewpoints are just fine. We don't agree. So what? What else is new? :D

I think if Pinnacle ship is delivered to HAL by mid February, she will be christened possibly in Europe, make the crossing and do some Caribbean cruises. But what do I know? She also could make the crossing without being christened and have the ceremonies in NYC, FLL or wherever. In any case, I don't expect the lavishness of prior christening ceremonies.

I know your information comes more directly than mine. For me, I only claim this to be an opinion. For you? Are you telling us it is fact she will be christened in Europe and remain there for late winter, early spring, summer, fall cruises? What will happen with Pinnacle ship/HAL is the point of this thread so far as I can see. At least for me, the point is not what Princess is doing despite the position Mr. Kruse holds. We aren't talking about Princess here, or are we?

Edited by sail7seas

So far as I can see, you see the relevancy and I have been trying to say I do not.

I am making a point HAL's fleet is getting aged.

Two viewpoints are just fine. We don't agree. So what? What else is new? :D

I think if Pinnacle ship is delivered to HAL by mid February, she will be christened possibly in Europe, make the crossing and do some Caribbean cruises. But what do I know? She also could make the crossing without being christened and have the ceremonies in NYC, FLL or wherever. In any case, I don't expect the lavishness of prior christening ceremonies.

I know your information comes more directly than mine. For me, I only claim this to be an opinion. For you? Are you telling us it is fact she will be christened in Europe and remain there for late winter, early spring, summer, fall cruises? What will happen with Pinnacle ship/HAL is the point of this thread so far as I can see. At least for me, the point is not what Princess is doing despite the position Mr. Kruse holds. We aren't talking about Princess here, or are we?

You're trying to line things up where there is nothing to line up. And with very few tidbits my information hasn't come more directly in about 2 years now.

• 4 months later...

FWIW, apparently there are at least 2 versions of the 2015-2016 Cruise Atlas.

I just returned from the Amsterdam and picked up a copy. When I got my held mail there was one there too. They were different. Both had the same blue cover with a white sand dollar and covered the same time period; however, the one in the mail was 67 pages. The one I got on-board the Amsterdam had 213 pages.

:rolleyes:

FWIW, apparently there are at least 2 versions of the 2015-2016 Cruise Atlas.

I just returned from the Amsterdam and picked up a copy. When I got my held mail there was one there too. They were different. Both had the same blue cover with a white sand dollar and covered the same time period; however, the one in the mail was 67 pages. The one I got on-board the Amsterdam had 213 pages.

:rolleyes:

Educated guess here is that if you take a good look at the covers you'll see that the larger one is the Cruise Atlas, and the smaller one is the Cruise Planner.

It's the Cruise Planner that's a benefit to 4 & 5* Mariners, which is why it was sent in the mail.

Educated guess here is that if you take a good look at the covers you'll see that the larger one is the Cruise Atlas, and the smaller one is the Cruise Planner.

It's the Cruise Planner that's a benefit to 4 & 5* Mariners, which is why it was sent in the mail.

You are correct.

:p

That's exactly correct, at least as far as what we got. The Atlas has a thicker cover and a squared off book-like binding. The planner is more of a soft format, end-stapled, magazine-style affair.

I posted this in another thread a few days ago but it's appropriate here. HAL's Schedule at a Glance goes further than the Atlas or Planner.

I have no idea where I found it off HAL's site but uploaded it to my Dropbox. You can view it here.

It has dates all the way to the end of May 2016, so you can gleam from it the entire summer schedule for the most part (especially Alaska, where Maasdam and NA both will make appearances).

I posted this in another thread a few days ago but it's appropriate here. HAL's Schedule at a Glance goes further than the Atlas or Planner.

I have no idea where I found it off HAL's site but uploaded it to my Dropbox. You can view it here.

It has dates all the way to the end of May 2016, so you can gleam from it the entire summer schedule for the most part (especially Alaska, where Maasdam and NA both will make appearances).

Here's the link if the concept of "Dropbox" freaks anyone out :)

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/Miscellaneous/Holland-America-cruises-Sailing-Schedule.pdf?WT.ac=pnav_Dest_SailSchd

Good find! :)

I'm actually really surprised this is out in public on the website. Usually they make a concerted effort when they announce Alaska and nothing is uttered until the full announcement. There has been zero on 2016 Alaska (which makes sense for their usual schedule for launches) and yet we already know the ships, can pretty easily speculate on the homeports and as such the itineraries... and with some huge new additions... NADM in Alaska for the first time ever, MADM on the west coast for the first time in a LONG time.

I like when HAL moves the ships around though. Even if you're going to offer the same things every year without much variety (or where a lot of variety isn't really possible) for the love of god occasionally give people an identical ship with different colors and artwork every so often... :)

I'm actually really surprised this is out in public on the website. Usually they make a concerted effort when they announce Alaska and nothing is uttered until the full announcement. There has been zero on 2016 Alaska (which makes sense for their usual schedule for launches) and yet we already know the ships, can pretty easily speculate on the homeports and as such the itineraries... and with some huge new additions... NADM in Alaska for the first time ever, MADM on the west coast for the first time in a LONG time.

I like when HAL moves the ships around though. Even if you're going to offer the same things every year without much variety (or where a lot of variety isn't really possible) for the love of god occasionally give people an identical ship with different colors and artwork every so often... :)

I agree, I think it's not supposed to be there. Oh well. :)

Never been on Noordam but pretty dang sure she'll take us up to Seward in 2016. It's her or Zaandam doing the north/south one-ways. Gotta decide between those two ... then again NA doing Vancouver r/t is very alluring as well.

If only I had the time to take off for the 14 day cruises on Amsterdam from Seattle. :(

I agree, I think it's not supposed to be there. Oh well. :)

Never been on Noordam but pretty dang sure she'll take us up to Seward in 2016. It's her or Zaandam doing the north/south one-ways. Gotta decide between those two ... then again NA doing Vancouver r/t is very alluring as well.

If only I had the time to take off for the 14 day cruises on Amsterdam from Seattle. :(

The 14 day Alaska is about the only way I would be seeing any new ports having been there 4 times already. I always try to do something different each time I go even if it's just the ship or a bigger excursion I've passed on previously.

However the 14 days go for such a premium it makes a cruisetour look more appealing since so much more would be new.

Thanks for letting us know!

Hopefully, the print edition will be coming along shortly. That would be even better.

I received the print edition this week, albeit a shortened version, not the full 213 page version I got on the Statendam this past September.:)

Edited by solocanadian

Just got my new one in the mail ..

Hey Marty you must know someone at HAL to get one. Here I am just a lowly 4 Star (almost 5) and I get nothing...lol It must be because of something I said here on CC. That's the only thing I can think of. I would just like to have a copy in my hands. Anyway, I am on the Maasdam next week and I will read one in the library. But I promise to leave the copy there once I am done reading it;). I would hate to get stopped by Security on the way off.

bob

I received the print edition this week, albeit a shortened version, not the full 213 page version I got on the Statendam this past September.:)

Gail, I got my Planner in the mail recently, too. That post of mine you quoted was an old one, as this thread has been resurrected from a few months back.

Personally, I would rather have the Atlas; the Planner does no good since it doesn't have much information about the individual cruises.

I also see Princess & Carnival out of Los Angeles. Nothing out of San Diego though.

Unfortunately HAL has totally decided against having any Mexico cruises in 2016. Definitely San Diego and HAL's loss :( The Norwegian Jewel will be home porting out of Los Angeles to do the 7 day run. I am already booked for Nov 2015 and love the Jewel same size as the Oosterdam. The money I spend on board and in the spa could have gone to HAL but they are still convinced they make no money in Mexico :mad:

Unfortunately HAL has totally decided against having any Mexico cruises in 2016. Definitely San Diego and HAL's loss :( The Norwegian Jewel will be home porting out of Los Angeles to do the 7 day run. I am already booked for Nov 2015 and love the Jewel same size as the Oosterdam. The money I spend on board and in the spa could have gone to HAL but they are still convinced they make no money in Mexico :mad:

We also like the Jewel (2 cruises) but have to note that it is bigger than the Oosterdam. The Oosterdam is 82,000 and carries 1,900 passengers while the Jewel is 93,000 tons with a capacity of 2,376 passengers.