Just off allure

Still depressed about being off the ship and back to reality but will try to do a review.

We got the text the day before sailing that said our time to check in wasn't till 2 but thought we'd try earlier as we were staying with family 20min from the port. Arrived at the port on Sunday at about 10:45, walked straight through security, straight up to check in and within 15mins sitting waiting to board.

Boarding started around 11:20ish we were on by 11:45.

Decided to do the typical thing and check out the Winjammer for lunch, but first a drink, Winjammer was very quiet as it was still early, grabbed small lunch then explored. Pictures and reviews don't do the ship justice. You have to see it.

Only time it seemed like there were 6,000 people on board was during muster drill. other than that forgot we were on a ship and never realized that many people were on board.

Because of Tropical Storm Berta we had to skip Nassau so 2 sea days, then St Thomas, St Maartin. Did not bother us skipping it.

After reading the reviews on here about Chops with the new menu was very apprehensive to try it, was amazing! Loved it.

Giovanni's on the other hand would not recommend. Manager there ran around like he had his head off and took 45 mins to get our apps. Other tables got food while we only had wine and bread. Also got asked by at least 5 crew members our room number.

Did stop by Guest Service twice to express concerns and told both times someone would get in touch with me, never did.

Last night we decided to try Izumi, very good, even if your not a sushi fan they offer the hot rocks which look good and fun.

Roast Beef at Park Cafe is a must try too!!! and the Triple Chocolate cookies.!

Debated for weeks on the drink package, decided to do it and so glad we did. Gave us the opportunity to try new drinks with out worrying and didn't have to worry about a bill at the end of the week. Convenience factor sold it for us.

Overall all shows we saw were awesome apart from Blue Planet, too slow for us, put us to sleep. left after about 15mins.

Allan has to be best cruise director I've had.

Any questions feel free to ask and ill try to answer., have to look up when my next cruise is now. :)

We didn't see Chicago but walked past during looking like seats were available. Only show that the cruise compass said was full was early showing of blue planet.

We had port ocean view balcony deck 7. Perfect location. Right up elevator or stairs and few doors down perfect location for everything on the ship.

We walked up for my time dinning the first night then asked if we could have same waiter at 8 ish following nights and they accommodated.

~Cheryl

We got the text the day before sailing that said our time to check in wasn't till 2 but ...........................

Because of Tropical Storm Berta we had to skip Nassau so 2 sea days, then St Thomas, St Maartin. Did not bother us skipping it.

Welcome back, I enjoy every report. I see they are still sending that message about boarding. Maybe it helps spread the long lines out. Did they at least get into St Thomas earlier and possibly give you more time there?

We have had the same experience at the Giovanni's on the Allure when eating there in the evening on our last cruise. Had not been that way previously when we sailed. So disappointing since we know it can easily be a different experience, not only on the Allure but other ships with Giovanni's as well. We are a couple of weeks away from cruising on the Allure, and sadly we probably won't eat there. Maybe we'll give lunch a try.

I agree with you that Blue Planet needs to be revamped. Definitely a bit disappointed.

I found Chicago way worse than Blue Planet. Even my DW agreed she said to me you should have told me and we could have left. Then again if i would have I am sure I would have been a bad husband :rolleyes:

I found Chicago way worse than Blue Planet. Even my DW agreed she said to me you should have told me and we could have left. Then again if i would have I am sure I would have been a bad husband :rolleyes:

Oh no! That's the one show I was really looking forward to. Picked Allure over Oasis cuz I love Chicago and don't care for Cats. So what was it that made it way worse?

Oh no! That's the one show I was really looking forward to. Picked Allure over Oasis cuz I love Chicago and don't care for Cats. So what was it that made it way worse?

I had never seen the Broadway production or the movie, so I enjoyed it with nothing to compare it to. My only problem with it was the only time we could see it, it was scheduled to end at the same time as 2nd seating of dinner. I told our waiter we might be a few minutes late, but we got a seat in the balcony on an aisle so we could rush right out as soon as it ended. We ended up at dinner on time. If I have any expertise with regard to Allure, it maybe in my ability to get from one place on the ship to any other quickly. It was a skill that helped in my two trips.

Denamo- Glad to see you are going on her again, enjoy. I'll bet your current roll call is quieter :)

Debated for weeks on the drink package, decided to do it and so glad we did. Gave us the opportunity to try new drinks with out worrying and didn't have to worry about a bill at the end of the week. Convenience factor sold it for us.

A lot of wisdom in that single sentence. I see so many people who spend thousands on a cruise calculating if the soda/water/bar package is worth it.

I had never seen the Broadway production or the movie, so I enjoyed it with nothing to compare it to. My only problem with it was the only time we could see it, it was scheduled to end at the same time as 2nd seating of dinner. I told our waiter we might be a few minutes late, but we got a seat in the balcony on an aisle so we could rush right out as soon as it ended. We ended up at dinner on time. If I have any expertise with regard to Allure, it maybe in my ability to get from one place on the ship to any other quickly. It was a skill that helped in my two trips.

Denamo- Glad to see you are going on her again, enjoy. I'll bet your current roll call is quieter :)

Absolutely! We are only at page 37 with two weeks to go. No other roll call will ever compare to the one you started on that Allure cruise. Totally a blast. :) Even so, it has not quelled our excitement to be on her again.

I just found it hard to follow. I have to admit i did enjoy Hairspray on the Oasis. You will probably love it. Dont let me or anyone ruin it for you. Just them types of things I find hard to follow. Plus being on the go and being out in the sun doesnt help either. I just dont think i liked the story line. I hope you enjoy it though :)

Edited by trev71

• 2 weeks later...
Still depressed about being off the ship and back to reality but will try to do a review.

We got the text the day before sailing that said our time to check in wasn't till 2 but thought we'd try earlier as we were staying with family 20min from the port. Arrived at the port on Sunday at about 10:45, walked straight through security, straight up to check in and within 15mins sitting waiting to board.

Boarding started around 11:20ish we were on by 11:45.

Decided to do the typical thing and check out the Winjammer for lunch, but first a drink, Winjammer was very quiet as it was still early, grabbed small lunch then explored. Pictures and reviews don't do the ship justice. You have to see it.

Only time it seemed like there were 6,000 people on board was during muster drill. other than that forgot we were on a ship and never realized that many people were on board.

After reading the reviews on here about Chops with the new menu was very apprehensive to try it, was amazing! Loved it.

Giovanni's on the other hand would not recommend. Manager there ran around like he had his head off and took 45 mins to get our apps. Other tables got food while we only had wine and bread. Also got asked by at least 5 crew members our room number.

Did stop by Guest Service twice to express concerns and told both times someone would get in touch with me, never did.

Last night we decided to try Izumi, very good, even if your not a sushi fan they offer the hot rocks which look good and fun.

Roast Beef at Park Cafe is a must try too!!! and the Triple Chocolate cookies.!

Overall all shows we saw were awesome apart from Blue Planet, too slow for us, put us to sleep. left after about 15mins.

Allan has to be best cruise director I've had.

Any questions feel free to ask and ill try to answer., have to look up when my next cruise is now. :)

Thanks for the report!

IMHO, if you love Chicago, you love this presentation. It's cut from the orignal Broadway Play, and is closer to the movie in that respect.

I have heard similar issues that trev71 mentioned. Which is ok- all shows are not for everyone. It happens.

But if one is already a Chicago fan, this will be good.

to the OP- and the first message, sometimes reviews can be one line and say it all. :)

Edited by alfaeric

Judge Chicago for yourself.....DH and I enjoyed it very much when we were on Allure in June 2014.

We had reservations for the Tuesday night show at 7pm and then had a late dinner in Izumi. Great night all around.