Internet for Laptop

atdahop

I am bringing my laptop and wanted to know how to go about receiving the Platinum service on my own computer. In the past I have just gone to the internet cafe and used their computers.

Thanks

When you sign in you will be prompted through the activation on your laptop the same way the internet cafe was.

If you go by the Internet Café, they will have an instruction sheet with directions for logging on. Make sure to log off each time you are finished; otherwise, there may be a delay (using your minutes) before you are logged off.

If you have any questions, ask the host at the Internet Café. Availability hours will be printed in the Patter.

I am bringing my laptop and wanted to know how to go about receiving the Platinum service on my own computer. In the past I have just gone to the internet cafe and used their computers.
Turn on your laptop, select WiFi and the list of available WiFi sources will pop up. Select the ship's WiFi and then open a browser. The sign-in window will appear. You'll be asked for your first name, last name and birth date and it will recognize you and offer you the package options, including your free package or if you want to get a larger package and pay the difference. Once you've selected your package, you'll have several options including signing onto the Internet. It will then verify you and you're on the Internet and can go to whichever website you want.

When you're ready to sign off, make sure you type "logout.com" or "1.1.1.1" because otherwise, you will still be signed in and using minutes even if you shut down your laptop. To save time, it's usually better to use a mail client that allows you to download your email, sign off, respond, re-sign on and send.

If you find that while you're using the Internet that your laptop (or smartphone or tablet) isn't responding, just select the ship's WiFi again and it will reconnect you to the internet without having to sign in again.

WiFi on the ship can be very slow when many pax are logged on such as before dinner and earlier in the evening. I have found that the best times are late at night when most pax are sleeping or in the early morning before a lot of pax get up.

I download everything I want to read including emails and articles etc for reading later off line. Similar if I want to send an email, I compose it first on my laptop, sign onto the WiFi and then send the email quickly and log off.

Number one priority though is to be sure to sign off and stop the expensive minutes from decreasing my total time.

Another tip....Type your message in your word processing program or use pages with an Apple product, and then do a copy and past to save your internet minutes. I sign on do a paste and then sign off thereby using only a few minutes.

Tom:)