Cruise Nail Polish colors

DonnaK

So, I am getting a mani/pedi later this week before I leave on my next cruise, and need to pick a color. (I favor cool shades of blues, greens and purples - I am wearing Color Club's Hydrangea Kiss right now)

Looking for some new ideas - What brand and color are your favorites for summer and for cruising?

Edited by DonnaK

I'm fond of the Essie line of nail polish and love all their colors. I usually like to wear a bright red or navy polish when I cruise Carnival but on my recent cruise I did a pure, bright white and loved it.:D Since I've returned home I've been wearing a maroon color that I love. It's one of the trendy colors for Fall.

So, I am getting a mani/pedi later this week before I leave on my next cruise, and need to pick a color. (I favor cool shades of blues, greens and purples - I am wearing Color Club's Hydrangea Kiss right now)

Looking for some new ideas - What brand and color are your favorites for summer and for cruising?

Well, I love all colors of nail polish, and have about 350-400 bottles to prove it. Yes, I'm an addict and a collector.

For a cruise, I think a salmon or coral color is really pretty and beachy. Do your toes a different color than your nails. Check your outfits, and see what might go with most of them. Shimmers are fun because they catch a sparkle in the sunlight. You can't go wrong with a hot pink or a bright royal blue. Try to take your own polishes to the manicurist. Sinful Colors has a big variety of shades, and they won't set you back a lot of money. $1.99 or .99 when Walgreens has their sale. And they actually last just as long, if not longer than the expensive brands.

I will be taking several polishes on my upcoming Legend Australia cruise, and I will have a couple of thermals that change color, depending if my hands are cold or warm.

I may be "boring" in the nail department, but, I like OPI's Bubble Bath or OPI's Sweetheart. They are a neutral pastel pink, and I find that they match everything in my wardrobe, and look great with or without a tan. I wear it on both my fingers & toes!

I love Sinful Colors! I've been trying out some different ones and am wearing Sugar Sugar right now. It's a beautiful candy apple red with a shimmer. I'll probably wear this on our upcoming cruise, although I'm going to try out a dark pink that I just bought. I'll have a different pink on my toes with sparkles.

Thanks for all the helpful hints, crzndeb! I will be sure to bring my own polish to the salon, so I have it for touch ups if needed.

I love Sinful Colors too. Song of Summer (a light muted green) is one of my favorites of that brand.

I can't really wear corals, oranges or warm pinks with my skin tone, which is why I stick with the cooler shades.

I'm also into blues/greens/purples for nails, although I do have a couple of yellows and a copper that I like for variety.

I like Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line as it really does last a long time. I wore a shimmery green colour on our recent Europe land trip. I also have a blue/green two-tone shimmery colour that I love, but I like to keep things lighter for summer.

I like to take whatever I'm wearing for formal night(s) and make sure that it doesn't clash too badly with my mani/pedi. Other than that, I like to go bright and fun for my cruise mani/pedi! I like to theme it with anchors, seashells, etc. I always use my Jam wraps and lacquer to do them myself though.

I am trying to decide what color I should use for my upcoming NE/Canada cruise. I have no problem for Caribbean cruises, anything bright and summery. But this is a fall cruise and I am not planning dresses that are neutral or same color tone.

What color, not by brand, is the best to choose for dresses in royal blue, coral (more pink than orange), magenta, and I think I have purple in one of my planned outfits.

I am leaning toward a red but not sure what shade. I know I don't want a bright red, maybe a burgundy or wine color. What do you all think?

I am trying to decide what color I should use for my upcoming NE/Canada cruise. I have no problem for Caribbean cruises, anything bright and summery. But this is a fall cruise and I am not planning dresses that are neutral or same color tone.

What color, not by brand, is the best to choose for dresses in royal blue, coral (more pink than orange), magenta, and I think I have purple in one of my planned outfits.

I am leaning toward a red but not sure what shade. I know I don't want a bright red, maybe a burgundy or wine color. What do you all think?

Zoya has a beautiful new set called Naturel Deux to go along with their first Naturel set...there are 6 colors in each. Just google it.

Also OPI has a new collection for fall called the Nordic Collection...lots of pretty colors in this one too.

Zoya has a beautiful new set called Naturel Deux to go along with their first Naturel set...there are 6 colors in each. Just google it.

Also OPI has a new collection for fall called the Nordic Collection...lots of pretty colors in this one too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out.

I like to take whatever I'm wearing for formal night(s) and make sure that it doesn't clash too badly with my mani/pedi. Other than that, I like to go bright and fun for my cruise mani/pedi! I like to theme it with anchors, seashells, etc. I always use my Jam wraps and lacquer to do them myself though.

Hi Keely,

How do you use the Jam with lacquer? I've purchased the Vacay Jams, and have been wondering how this will work.

Thanks, Zoe

My formals for next cruise are bright blue or navy. I'm also wearing a mauve dress one night. I'm leaning toward a brighter blue/teal at this point, but I also like the idea of bright purple or orange. The biggest thing is I don't want to clash with my formal gowns. I don't care as much about daytime.

Currently, my toes are bright orange. I desperately need to redo them, but I don't really want to until after I go to the state fair this weekend. There's no point in even a self-pedicure until then.

Edited by Ehpride

I don't do my nails very often (Operating Room nursing is very hard on them) but splurge for vacation and get gels. I did red at DH's request for our last cruise but am planning on purple for me for our next one. Light or dark is still in the air since we don't go until February. I do not match them to my wardrobe, but get a color that I like.

Here is my advice from experience: if you are going on a Caribbean cruise where you may be swimming (especially in the ocean, with your toes in the sand), take along a bottle of your polish so you can touch up your pedicure. The sand and waves are relentless, especially if you like to spend time swimming, as I do. A pedi at a salon is nice, but if you don't have that same color to do a touch up, your toesies don't look so cute in sandals toward the end of the cruise. :p

OP Donna, what did you decide on?

I love having metallic gold colored polish on my toes. It goes with everything and I love the way it looks. It makes me smile. I use Revlon Gold Coin for the shimmer but lots of brands have a gold.

I agree with the others that Sinful Colors is a surprisingly good product. A recent Consumer's Report tested different polishes and they rated it very highly, beating out some polishes that were 10 times the price.

I have seen postings and images when you search cruise line nail designs that match the cruise line logos...ie Carnival .. some of them look great.

I tried searching for specific Celebrity, but could not find any...but will keep trying . I may go with the blue of NCL and white wave line in my tips for our next NCL cruise..

I note you are cruising Celebrity, perhaps a design with blue colour and a white X ??

Otherwise, I tend to go classic white tips , then no worries re clashing with evening dress. But I always go bright pink or coral for the toes with design on them .

Have a great cruise....