Luggage tags

lorri111

Just had a look at the luggage tags we printed off for fast approaching cruise. They look awfully flimsy, especially if it were to rain (thinking worst case scenario here). I am thinking of covering it with a strip of wide clear sticky tape to protect and strengthen it, but would this interfere with the scanning of the bar code? Any other ideas?

Just had a look at the luggage tags we printed off for fast approaching cruise. They look awfully flimsy, especially if it were to rain (thinking worst case scenario here). I am thinking of covering it with a strip of wide clear sticky tape to protect and strengthen it, but would this interfere with the scanning of the bar code? Any other ideas?

Wrapping in cellophane or packing tape along with stapling should ensure the tags remaining on your luggage & to arrive at your cabin without any problems. Some passengers after wrapping with tape (or laminating) secure them to the handle using tie-wraps. Many have been very successful & have never lost their luggage tags using either of these techniques.

After having a stapled/packing tape secured tag nearly ripped off, I purchased reusable plastic luggage tag holders with straps. Although it may be too late if you want them, I've seen them available on Amazon or directly from manufacturers such as Favors by Serendipity for a couple of dollars each.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Wrapping in cellophane or packing tape along with stapling should ensure the tags remaining on your luggage. Some passengers after wrapping with tape secure them to the handle using tie-wraps. Many have been very successful & have never lost their luggage tags using either of these techniques.

After having a stapled/packing tape secured tag nearly ripped off, I purchased reusable plastic luggage tag holders with straps. Although it may be too late if you want them, I've seen them available on Amazon or directly from manufacturers such as Favors by Serendipity for a couple of dollars each.

I agree that the reusable plastic tag holders are the way to go. We have used ours more than a half dozen times already. If you order from Favors by Serendipity, be sure to get the 9" loops rather than the 6-1/2" loops as they are much easier to attach with the longer loops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I always cover mine with packing tape then punch a hole in the bottom and attach to my baggage with a thick rubber band when I'm ready. Those suckers would survive a tsunami :)

So do you put these on before your flight or do you attach them after you retrieve your bags from baggage claim. Just trying to decide how to do this since we are using princess transfer to the ship.

Thanks!

So do you put these on before your flight or do you attach them after you retrieve your bags from baggage claim. Just trying to decide how to do this since we are using princess transfer to the ship.

Thanks!

I always attach ours after picking them up in baggage claim.

Thanks!

After you retrieve at baggage claim. I never wanted to confuse the airport baggage handlers with multiple luggage tags. Anyway, this way you will be sure to still have tags to attach that aren't mangled! ;)

Take them to Office Depot or one of those office places and they will laminate them and punch a hole through them. They also lhave the little plastic tags to attach them to your suitcase. Should be less than two dollars.

Edited by Nanagolf

Favors By Serendipity will email itinerary forms to you to insert into the tag holders for your flight, in case your luggage gets lost. You can switch it out for the printed luggage tags before boarding. I recommend the 9" loops too.

Luggage tag kit by "chrysalis"

Best laugh all morning. That's almost exactly what I visualize when reading some of these posts!

BTW, if those are your tools, we have something in common besides cruising. Brands, style and even the patina look real familiar. The powered tape measure is interesting ...

Edited by beg3yrs

Favors By Serendipity will email itinerary forms to you to insert into the tag holders for your flight' date=' in case your luggage gets lost. You can switch it out for the printed luggage tags before boarding. I recommend the 9" loops too.[/quote']

Love my luggage tag holders but wish I had gotten the longer loops. The short ones work but are much more of a pain in the neck than they should be. I keep meaning to go back and order the longer loops but I always forget to do so.

Poop. I just posted about the longer loops so I went to look for them. I see how to order the tags with the longer loops but don't see a way to just order more loops. Guess I'll have to stick with the short ones. :(

Poop. I just posted about the longer loops so I went to look for them. I see how to order the tags with the longer loops but don't see a way to just order more loops. Guess I'll have to stick with the short ones. :(

You can get them most anywhere. Amazon has 100 for $8.95 I imagine Staples would have them as well.

Mike:)

I have some extra, email me at elangdon2 at gmail dot com with your address and I'll mail them to you.:)