El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I'm going P & 0 for the first time.. I'm taking mum to Melbourne I could fly but I'm going on Pacific Eden 2 nights oceanview $ 198pp twin. 14th Feb Sydney to Melbourne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were thinking of doing that one, it is a real snap up deal at the moment.:D

We were thinking of doing that one, it is a real snap up deal at the moment.:D

I saw it at 179 pp of course the single pricing horrible. I have to make up a friend. Though I might wait see if it drops more ehehehehe.

Edited by icat2000

You can always just say that you are taking the Chairman of the board. ;)

True. My mum is on my booking to come on Sunday, alas she can't make it.

Aint you on the Explorer of the Seas 11 Feb cruise too?

Edited by icat2000

True. My mum is on my booking to come on Sunday, alas she can't make it.

Aint you on the Explorer of the Seas 11 Feb cruise too?

Yes, it would mean B2B on two different ships and I would need more time off work as well as flights back from Melbourne so all up not going ahead. We had only thought about it due to the FCC from our Aria cruise that will need to be used.:D

Good score.

Already have the airfare. Which I got a cheap deal with Etihad. So was just waiting for either HAL or Celebrity to drop their prices.

Soon as I saw it today. I pulled the trigger. Funny thing was last week they were asking $3500 for the cabin.

Already have the airfare. Which I got a cheap deal with Etihad. So was just waiting for either HAL or Celebrity to drop their prices.

Soon as I saw it today. I pulled the trigger. Funny thing was last week they were asking $3500 for the cabin.

In that case it's not a good score at all it's a Great score

I just booked the Celebrity Connie out of Rome on 15 April 2016 inside cabin $1900 solo.

Is that the 12 night Italy, Turkey & Greece cruise - it's showing as A$1,397 (although it does say Government taxes and fees are additional) for an inside cabin on the Celebrity site at the moment - I think I'm seeing the price for a single guest as that as what I selected for the number of guests

Edited by Bodogbodog

Is that the 12 night Italy, Turkey & Greece cruise - it's showing as A$1,397 (although it does say Government taxes and fees are additional) for an inside cabin on the Celebrity site at the moment - I think I'm seeing the price for a single guest as that as what I selected for the number of guests

$1397 is per person for 2 people so $2974 plus the taxes for 2 people in cabin.

$1767 is the solo price plus taxes

That sounds like a fabulous cruise! We are thinking of doing something similar in May/June 2017 but the itineraries arent out yet. Does anyone know when they're likely to be released? And also when is the best time to book to get the best fare - as soon as theyre released, or wait a bit? I'm not brave enough to leave till close to the cruise.... 😰

That sounds like a fabulous cruise! We are thinking of doing something similar in May/June 2017 but the itineraries arent out yet. Does anyone know when they're likely to be released? And also when is the best time to book to get the best fare - as soon as theyre released, or wait a bit? I'm not brave enough to leave till close to the cruise....

I think they release them around April but as for pricing that may be anyone's guess. Often they are cheaper when first released and then gradually go up as the demand rises and cabins are filled. Close to Final payment the prices may start to drop again to fill the ship but it really does depend on the particular cruise itinerary. Some are very popular and thus the prices go up and up while others have lots of similar cruises, so the demand is less and there can be some real bargains if the cruise isn't selling very well. My advice is keep an eye on prices and when you see a deal, jump on it.:D

That sounds like a fabulous cruise! We are thinking of doing something similar in May/June 2017 but the itineraries arent out yet. Does anyone know when they're likely to be released?

Well-timed! They'll be opened to the public tomorrow.

And also when is the best time to book to get the best fare - as soon as theyre released, or wait a bit? I'm not brave enough to leave till close to the cruise....

There's no one best time. For a Europe itinerary with Celebrity if you want to lock something specific in I'd suggest booking early, but when there's a good promotion e.g. some bonus which they tend to do for their European sailings.

It's likely there will be individual specials really close to the sailing, but you have to be flexible with airfare then, so depends on your situation.

Or you could do what I did. Lock down the airfare first and watch for the cruise to drop. However, you have to not be cabin fussy and have a backup option if you can't get on that cruise.

It also helps if the airfare is a steal. Like my fare Singapore to Rome, Rome to Melbourne I got for $800 on Etihad Airlines. I'm already doing a cruise from Perth to Singapore priror with a friend so I just had the Melbourne to Singapore airfare which was like $200. So $1000 in airfares I think is pretty good.

Its much cheaper than in September when I paid $1400 airfares on Luftanza (sp).

Ship Name: Aurora Cruise Code: PR601SFOSYD Departure Date: Monday, 25 January 2016 Cruise Name: San Francisco to Sydney Nights: 25 Departing: San Francisco, United States

Inside $1802 pp

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas

Cruise Code: VY16APR16

Departure Date: Saturday, 16 April 2016

Cruise Name: Sydney to Singapore

Nights: 14

Departing: Sydney - Australia

Inside $1067 pp, Balcony $1774 pp, Oceanview $1456 pp

Edited by icat2000

Ship Name: Dawn Princess Cruise Code: D604 Departure Date: Friday, 29 January 2016 Cruise Name: South Pacific Nights: 12 Departing: Sydney

Inside from $969 pp Oceanview $1249 pp Balcony $1349 pp

Why did I marry a teacher, (oh hang I didn't she became one later).