El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Today's 1 Day Sale 10th july 2015

Today's 1 Day Sale will see you flying to Tokyo overnight from Sydney (please call for regional airports) on the 03rd September 2015 to stay 2 nights pre cruise and also enjoy your FREE tour to Mount Fuji returning on the bullet train.

You then embark the Diamond Princess for your 4* full board cruise visiting Osaka, Xiamen, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Bali, Darwin and disembarking in Sydney.

For bookings made today on this deal the price starts from just $2499pp, that's less than $100 per person per night!! This package has also recently been advertised at $3699pp in the market, so this deal represents a massive saving of $1200 per person and includes an extra night in Tokyo and a day trip to Mount Fuji!!

Today's 1 Day Sale will see you flying to Tokyo overnight from Sydney (please call for regional airports) on the 03rd September 2015 to stay 2 nights pre cruise and also enjoy your FREE tour to Mount Fuji returning on the bullet train.

You then embark the Diamond Princess for your 4* full board cruise visiting Osaka, Xiamen, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Bali, Darwin and disembarking in Sydney.

For bookings made today on this deal the price starts from just $2499pp, that's less than $100 per person per night!! This package has also recently been advertised at $3699pp in the market, so this deal represents a massive saving of $1200 per person and includes an extra night in Tokyo and a day trip to Mount Fuji!!

That's an excellent price for 26 nights.

That's an excellent price for 26 nights.

We have friends in the States who will not pay any more than $100 per night. They have no trouble finding cruises , and that's with HAL.

We have friends in the States who will not pay any more than $100 per night. They have no trouble finding cruises , and that's with HAL.

Thats our plan.....and we never go much over it;)

I think QM2 and Ovation are the only ones we have paid well over $100p/p/n

Chez

Hi all just a heads up to anyone interested we just booked the three day explorer cruise just an inside , went to site we book with sometimes and got a decent price but no on board credit, went to royal site about $15 dearer but wait for it $200 on board credit can anyone guess who I booked through :D

Hi all just a heads up to anyone interested we just booked the three day explorer cruise just an inside , went to site we book with sometimes and got a decent price but no on board credit, went to royal site about $15 dearer but wait for it $200 on board credit can anyone guess who I booked through :D

I booked a RCL cruise with online agent yesterday. They gave me the 200 OBC. It wasn't showing when I booked it, but it came through on the invoice.

I think it relates to this sale RCL are having.

TRIPLE OFFER WHEN YOU BOOK BY JULY 18

Take in the view from your private Balcony stateroom, shop til you drop with US$200 to spend onboard and relax by the pool having enjoyed 50% deposits.

You can do all of the above when you book select Royal Caribbean cruise holidays of five nights or longer.

This offer is on sale for one week only, so don't miss out on this triple treat and book before July 18 2015.

Plus, receive an additional US$200 onboard credit~ when you choose to holiday on the newly revitalised Explorer of the Seas.

Edited by icat2000

Yes! We too were surprised that there was $200 OBC on this little 3-night sampler! :)

It's ok Gae I looked up the 3 day explorers & see there are a couple , considering booking one . Also noticed the Singapore repositioning cruise on the 3rd Nov for 10 nights in a Balcony is just over $1,200. With $200 obc , shame I'm not in a position to go on that one , there's good deals with Singapore flights at the moment . (I am going on the Solstice later in the month )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCL have indeed got some decent deals at present for balconies. In saying that they have bumped up some inside prices so they can "give" you the free double upgrade to balcony gty.

If I was only after an inside I would wait for the sale to end as I think insides will drop then.

When you add in the $200OBC it makes it even sweeter. Yes the $200 comes from RCL not the agent.

For anyone with Crown & Anchor status this OBC is NOT combinable with the balcony discount.

I just booked a balcony gty on Radiance for just under $1400pp (all taxes included with my $372 balcony C&A discount) for 13 days on the 3rd Dec 2016 but had to forgo the OBC.

Unusual itinerary. Isle of Pines ,Lifou with 2 stops in Fiji and 2 in Tonga then ending in Auckland.

Would like to book the B2B Auckland Sydney 10 day cruise but it is a lot more expensive in Australia so I will be going offshore to book an inside with my USA TA for about $1300 AUS pp. But would need plane tickets and probably a hotel anyway so we might as well cruise home.

It's ok Gae I looked up the 3 day explorers & see there are a couple , considering booking one . Also noticed the Singapore repositioning cruise on the 3rd Nov for 10 nights in a Balcony is just over $1,200. With $200 obc , shame I'm not in a position to go on that one , there's good deals with Singapore flights at the moment . (I am going on the Solstice later in the month )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes we have booked 29 November on Explorer!

Agree about the cheap Singapore flights! We are taking our first visit to Singapore next month!

Yes we have booked 29 November on Explorer!

Agree about the cheap Singapore flights! We are taking our first visit to Singapore next month!

Well done Gae. We were in Singapore this April with the ROS. If you want to make contact jean_warren at westnet dot com dot au

Jean

RCL have indeed got some decent deals at present for balconies. In saying that they have bumped up some inside prices so they can "give" you the free double upgrade to balcony gty.

If I was only after an inside I would wait for the sale to end as I think insides will drop then.

When you add in the $200OBC it makes it even sweeter. Yes the $200 comes from RCL not the agent.

For anyone with Crown & Anchor status this OBC is NOT combinable with the balcony discount.

I just booked a balcony gty on Radiance for just under $1400pp (all taxes included with my $372 balcony C&A discount) for 13 days on the 3rd Dec 2016 but had to forgo the OBC.

Unusual itinerary. Isle of Pines ,Lifou with 2 stops in Fiji and 2 in Tonga then ending in Auckland.

Would like to book the B2B Auckland Sydney 10 day cruise but it is a lot more expensive in Australia so I will be going offshore to book an inside with my USA TA for about $1300 AUS pp. But would need plane tickets and probably a hotel anyway so we might as well cruise home.

That would explain why I see the $200 obc sometimes and not others, logged in and not logged in - duh! Thanks for the heads up.

That sounds like a good deal. I like that different itinerary and I don't like ending up in Auckland and having to fly home (would be ok if we had time last trip to stay in NZ for a bit) so your logic of sailing back is sweet! That price for the return trip is not bad for a balcony gty over Christmas. I saw $1787 just quickly on an online TA - didn't do the sign in direct and check balcony disc? Your price for an inside is pretty good though.

So many deals...so many trips already booked...sigh.

Edited by goodycruising

We are seeing some of the best prices in years and I can't understand why this should be with $A down. We are also seeing more ships in Australia. As an example RCI will have 5 ships in in 2016/7 Radiance, Explorer, Voyager, Legens and Ovation and 4 in 2015. The prices for balcony at $A130pp per night. It is good time to have good time and cruise now. It just can't last long when you consider cost of living if not going and staying at home. If you are renting can you get waterview for $1000 per week?, and you have to make your own bed and make your own meals.

Airfares can be a problem. I have booked 17 nights balcony cabin on Radiance for $2217pp Honolulu to Sydney. That is $130 pp per day. Cheapest one way flight with Qantas is $2038 because it is school holidays. Jetstar saved the situation.

Edited by burchan

Cheap fly/cruise under $1,000.

Today's 1 Day Sale will see you flying to Singapore on the 28th October 2015 and staying 1nt pre cruise before embarking the Mariner of the Seas for your 4* full board cruise visiting Bangkok staying overnight in port and Ho Chi Minh City before disembarking back in Singapore for your flight home.

For bookings made today on this deal the price starts from just $899pp, that's less than $100 per person per night!! This package is also available from the Gold Coast starting from $969pp and Sydney from just $999pp!!

Thanks for alerting me on this - so no OBC in addition to balcony discount :( I haven't booked a balcony since we were eligible for the C&A discount, so good to know.

Singapore to Sydney

17 September 2015

12 Nights

Diamond Princess

Up To $250 Onboard Credit*

Twin From $983.78 pp

Quad From $935 pp

Balcony price $1452 pp

Good price ...Nice Itinerary ..Great ship..:):)

Thanks for alerting me on this - so no OBC in addition to balcony discount :( I haven't booked a balcony since we were eligible for the C&A discount, so good to know.

Well technically you can get OBC with a C&A balc discount as you can combine the discount with 1 other offer. In this case the offers were a double upgrade (balcony for inside price) and the OBC so if you wanted the diamond discount you had to drop one of the offers. So for $325 US discount we let the $200 OBC slide.

Hope this makes sense and it is only my take after I made a few email enquiries.

I am not in Australia at the moment and when I get home I will ring C&A and clarify.

Well technically you can get OBC with a C&A balc discount as you can combine the discount with 1 other offer. In this case the offers were a double upgrade (balcony for inside price) and the OBC so if you wanted the diamond discount you had to drop one of the offers. So for $325 US discount we let the $200 OBC slide.

Hope this makes sense and it is only my take after I made a few email enquiries.

I am not in Australia at the moment and when I get home I will ring C&A and clarify.

I think you have that right. We saw similar during the bogoho sales. Don't mind if you know before hand and can choose which way you want to go. The balcony discount is a nice extra on top of the double upgrade deal in our opinion. I have checked out some of the specials but we have some nice cruises booked already with the bogoho offers and we have selected cabins we want. Always looking!

I have noticed a couple of times balcony discount on both persons in the booking? I didn't make a note of what type of booking I was looking at though. Has anyone else ever seen this pop up on the direct site? I must take a screen shot next time.

Today's Friday Frenzy will see you embarking the Explorer of the Seas in Fremantle on the 13th November for your 4* full board cruise visiting Adelaide, Melbourne, Milford/Doubtful/Dusky Sound, Dunedin, Picton, Wellington and Sydney where you will stay overnight onboard before disembarking.

These package also includes a one way flight to Sydney to Perth pre or post cruise and start's from the INCREDIBLE PRICE OF JUST $1599pp!!

Avoid disappointment and book today by calling us or booking online!!

Ours was slightly different as on our EOS cruise, special offer this week was US$400 OBC, which is higher than A$372 C&A discount & so the website selected the best option for us as US$400 is much better than A$372. Think we will let it slide. We weren't locked into a balcony, and not getting both made the deal not so great.

As you mentioned the IC prices were put up a fair bit to have the double upgrade sale, so we'll wait until this sale finishes and take a look again:) This cruise will be anniversary cruise, so we will take it, just angling for the best deal;)

Well we had quite a look around the options for late 2016 & early 2017 and have decided to play cabin lotto with the balcony guarantees. It means we can do around 21 nights in 2017 at the guarantee price (combo of NZ & Sth Pac) for around the same cost we were looking at for 14 nights in a D2 on Radiance to NZ. If we get E cabins we will wear that. We think the deal, with balcony discounts is worth the savings.

Thanks Sarah for starting this fantastic thread. Our cruise addiction has been super enabled and we are loving it :)