Looking for Adult Friendly Beach

Cbanks1968

We are looking for a beach not too far from the pier for 2 couples to go and relax, have a few drinks, maybe a bite to eat and that's not too pricey.. I usually schedule excursions through the cruise line and have looked at a few private tours, but they seem to have more than what we need and are looking for. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Nachi is primarily adults (no water toys to attract kids/families), quiet, relaxing, and offers great food/drinks/service; it is all-inclusive for about $55 each -- taxi for the 4 of you should be about $17+tip each way.

If you want pay-as-you-go check out Paradise Beach (huge pool and great facilities) or the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos.

Another option is to spend more on a cab (about $30 each way) and head to the other side of the island - several quiet beach bars over there.

For $55 per person at Nachi Cocum you get a lounge chair under a palapa, unlimited drinks, and basically all the food you want. We had to spread our appetizers, entrees, and desserts over several hours! But be sure to make reservations as they limit it to 100 people per day.

For $55 per person at Nachi Cocum you get a lounge chair under a palapa, unlimited drinks, and basically all the food you want. We had to spread our appetizers, entrees, and desserts over several hours! But be sure to make reservations as they limit it to 100 people per day.

Nachi also has a snorkeling tour, parasailing, jet skis and massages for an additional cost.

Taxis are $16 plus tip each way. It opens technically at 9am, but we have gotten there as early as 8:30 and been welcomed in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Do you need an actual beach entry, or just sand between your toes and loungers to soak up the sun?

If you like snorkeling, I recommend Money Bar, which has a rocky shore entry. They make fabulous food and wonderful drinks. You can use their facilities without a fee. They also offer massages.

On both our cruise and our land vacation, we never saw young kids there.

Do you need an actual beach entry, or just sand between your toes and loungers to soak up the sun?

If you like snorkeling, I recommend Money Bar, which has a rocky shore entry. They make fabulous food and wonderful drinks. You can use their facilities without a fee. They also offer massages.

On both our cruise and our land vacation, we never saw young kids there.

I second the Money Bar if you just want to see and hear the sea -no actual beach as stated although there is a sandy area and wonderful deck. Use google for images and website. Short taxi ride from pier.

Longer taxi ride (and therefore higher price) would bring you to Palancar which is the furthest south of beach bars and therefore less people. They also have a website. Pay as you go food and drinks.

Edited by c-leg5

• 3 weeks later...
A friend recommended palancar for my husband and I. We usually go to paradise beach but were looking for something new. How much would you say the taxi ride each way is? Thanks!

It is a little farther than Nachi; cab fare should be about $20+tip each way for up to 4 in the cab.

We like the corona beach club just past the state park. Last time there was only 5 guest total including both of us, had nachos and several beer's $ 20 plus cab fair. I recommend searching for beach clubs and find one not trendy or associated with the cruise lines. Good luck!

We usually hit up Nachi but unfortunately its sold out for my next cruise (last minute booking). I love the ability to relax on the beach that Nachi offers, would you say that Paradise Beach is the next best option? We don't care about AI but would prefer somewhere that isn't too crowded/loud. Thanks!

We usually hit up Nachi but unfortunately its sold out for my next cruise (last minute booking). I love the ability to relax on the beach that Nachi offers, would you say that Paradise Beach is the next best option? We don't care about AI but would prefer somewhere that isn't too crowded/loud. Thanks!

If you do not insist on being beach front or next to the pool you can find uncrowded spots at PB.