RCI Global WOW Sale start Sunday for 4 days

A couple of weeks ago, we booked the 11 day NZ Cruise on Voyager of the Seas when they offered the BOGO deal. Just did a dummy booking for the same cabin category for this latest deal which offers the BOGO plus $200 OBC and our booked fare is actually $4 cheaper and it includes the prepaid gratuities of $250.

Here's my email offer:

$200 obc and 50% reduced deposit, and "as a special treat", I can combine this offer with 3 ways to save promotion, which is 1. buy one get on 50% off, 2. friends and family sail free, 3. $1000 off when booking choiceair. Well hell yeah!! I'll buy 2 tickets and get 2 free, right?!! Well when I book, the price of the ticket literally more than doubles!!!! That's right, I can actually book the cruise for my family with NO promotion cheaper!! RCI should call this sale "Buy two tickets at TWICE the price, and get two free sale". I love RCI, but stop treating your customers like idiots!!!

This reminds me a bit of when Celebrity's "Sale of the Century" first came out, they allowed you to get either the Grats or OBC combined with the the drinks package, but the price went up by $300 to cover the amount of the OBC at the same time :rolleyes:

Pretty much you were just paying for the OBC... :p

This reminds me a bit of when Celebrity's "Sale of the Century" first came out, they allowed you to get either the Grats or OBC combined with the the drinks package, but the price went up by $300 to cover the amount of the OBC at the same time :rolleyes:

Pretty much you were just paying for the OBC... :p

This is where year round research is required, monitor the cruises you want to do this year for the next year sailing. Note when the prices are lowest and then if a great deal comes along you can grab it for your sailing.:D

I was looking at some UK T/A sites and they are currently offering some bonuses too for Royal Caribbean, booked through UK. i.e. gratuities paid and complimentary beer, wine (up to £8 a glass) and soft drinks for all RCI cruises booked in August. So RCI is really doing some deals.

I got some good OBC from P&O UK for next year's Aurora cruise, £220 OBC and £125 Military OBC as I served in the British Army for 3 years, 63-66, prior to emigrating to OZ in '66. Plus £100 OBC from my T/A. Lubberly Jubberly. Pays for a few bottles of vino on board.

Edited by NSWP