Birthday Cakes?

GradUT

Do you know whether Princess offers birthday cakes (free or for sale). I looked on the Princess website and saw a lot of food gifts, but not cakes.

Yes they are personal size cakes. No charge. See the Head Waiter in you DR. Also add the celebration to the personalizer/booking.

You can buy cakes as well. My husband spoke to the head waiter and ordered a cake for our anniversary to share with our table (we had traditional dinning). He had choices but picked a sugar free strawberry cream pie as one of our table mates was a diabetic. The cake was an 8 or 9 inch round and was delicious. This was a few years ago but at that time it cost 8.00 dollars.

You can buy cakes as well. My husband spoke to the head waiter and ordered a cake for our anniversary to share with our table (we had traditional dinning). He had choices but picked a sugar free strawberry cream pie as one of our table mates was a diabetic. The cake was an 8 or 9 inch round and was delicious. This was a few years ago but at that time it cost 8.00 dollars.

Thanks for the info that you can buy this size cake to celebrate.:) Do you recall how far ahead he did this?

If you add it to your cruise personalizer you will receive a free small cake and they will sing. You can choose the day you want to celebrate. Also you will get balloons and a sign on your stateroom door. All at no charge. A nice touch!

ImageUploadedByForums1408232692.334481.jpg.ca7c2c1b198262d186cfbe2270ed4b28.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1408232548.968204.jpg.acf037b9c2e8bb8df52e54e3dd2f1892.jpg

Edited by #1Nanna

It was my young grandson's birthday the second day of the cruise and there were about 12 or 15 of us sailing. I called in advance and paid "per person" and ordered a cake. It was a half sheet (like Costco size) and it was amazing. Filled with fruits and yummy stuff and so moist it melted in your mouth. I ordered one for our group and I think I paid something in the mid $20 range. Worth every penny. That was about 6 years ago so don't know the price now.

Free cake isn't bad, especially when post a dinner. We had two last July on our table for eight, one wedding anniversary and one birthday, both shared with all and helped down with sake for the anniversary and champagne for the birthday.

Isn't it great when you have a table where it's fun and you just keep on talking and then realise you should leave to let the waiters clear the table.

Do you know whether Princess offers birthday cakes (free or for sale). I looked on the Princess website and saw a lot of food gifts, but not cakes.

yes they do. You need to set it up in your pre-cruise planner. They will put B-Day decs on the door and then you will get a very rich chocolate cake at dinner. We did if for my hubby in Jan and will do it on Ruby for me in Dec.

Thanks for the info, everyone!

It looks like I'll need to add my daughter's birthday to the cruise personalizer so she gets the cake, but mostly so that she'll be embarrassed by the door decorations and the waiters singing "Happy Birthday" to her. (She's in her mid-20's). But I'll also want to buy a cake so that our family of 4 can celebrate too.

It looks like I'll need to add my daughter's birthday to the cruise personalizer so she gets the cake, but mostly so that she'll be embarrassed by the door decorations and the waiters singing "Happy Birthday" to her. (She's in her mid-20's).

Well, that's pleasantly sadistic. :)

Actually, last time my husband celebrated his birthday aboard, we specifically requested the waiters not sing. (Though usually random passengers in the dining room will applaud after the Birthday Song, which is nice.)

We spent our honeymoon aboard the Royal, and since we are a male couple, it was obvious the waiters didn't know what to sing. I would have liked something from Rocky Horror, but….

Thanks for the info, everyone!

It looks like I'll need to add my daughter's birthday to the cruise personalizer so she gets the cake, but mostly so that she'll be embarrassed by the door decorations and the waiters singing "Happy Birthday" to her. (She's in her mid-20's). But I'll also want to buy a cake so that our family of 4 can celebrate too.

Make sure you verify the decorations with Stewart and the cake with the Head Waiter once onboard.

Well, that's pleasantly sadistic. :).

Yeah, isn't it, though? We just surprised our children yesterday by sending them an email about the cruise and I had a return email from my daughter today expressing excitement about the cruise but also concern that her birthday might be "recognized" as it was in TGIFridays when she was a kid. This is going to be FUN!

She'd probably rather have a song from "Rocky Horror" too--she loves it!

Probably just a few days.

Thank you. We have friends celebrating an anniversary and want to have CAKE. I cannot add their names in my Personalizer.

Yeah, isn't it, though? We just surprised our children yesterday by sending them an email about the cruise and I had a return email from my daughter today expressing excitement about the cruise but also concern that her birthday might be "recognized" as it was in TGIFridays when she was a kid. This is going to be FUN!

Ha, Ha - I just love it. Keep up the good work, Mom. Now I have the pleasure of having my Grandson "recognized." He takes it much better than my son did. Better sense of humor. :D:D

If you add it to your cruise personalizer you will receive a free small cake and they will sing. You can choose the day you want to celebrate. Also you will get balloons and a sign on your stateroom door. All at no charge. A nice touch!

[ATTACH]322301[/ATTACH][ATTACH]322302[/ATTACH]

Exactly as Nanna said, my g/f had her birthday during the cruise, had the balloons & sign on the stateroom door & had a card in the cabin that you give to the headwaiter. That way, they know it is your birthday so they can give you the cake & sing. We had anytime dining so maybe that is why the cake card was in our cabin to give to the headwaiter.

We had anytime dining so maybe that is why the cake card was in our cabin to give to the headwaiter.

Right. If you have traditional dining, the dining room staff will be notified. Unless they have learned your names, they will come to your table and ask who the birthday (or anniversary or other occasion) person(s) is.

Yeah, isn't it, though? We just surprised our children yesterday by sending them an email about the cruise and I had a return email from my daughter today expressing excitement about the cruise but also concern that her birthday might be "recognized" as it was in TGIFridays when she was a kid. This is going to be FUN!!

Maybe when you get ashore, you can celebrate with the singing staffs at Benihana and El Torito, for a Mortification Trifecta.

I don't know what they charge for bday cakes, but my wife and I were married on board the sapphire and the cake came with the wedding package. It was great. They have amazing pastry chefs. It will be 10 years this year.

My wife gave me the major stink eye when I was going to have them sing to her for her birthday so that didn't happen. That, of course, meant no cake as well.

I'm not at all sure how she would have felt about something from Rocky Horror but she may well have gone for it rather than Happy Birthday. I think a full production number of Time Warp would be a real attention getter in MDR! My wife would probably prefer There's A Light (Over At The Frankenstein Place). :rolleyes:

I'm not at all sure how she would have felt about something from Rocky Horror but she may well have gone for it rather than Happy Birthday. I think a full production number of Time Warp would be a real attention getter in MDR! My wife would probably prefer There's A Light (Over At The Frankenstein Place). :rolleyes:

So come up to the Lido Deck,

And see what's on the slab.