reading on balcony - S class ships - suggestions for light?

tbmrt

I get up extremely early and enjoy reading on the balcony.

Since the S class ships have no balcony lights, does anyone have a suggestion for an easy to pack, small light? I tried the reading lights that shine onto one's book or kindle, but they didn't work out well.

Thank you.

Since the S class ships have no balcony lights, does anyone have a suggestion for an easy to pack, small light? I tried the reading lights that shine onto one's book or kindle, but they didn't work out well.

Thank you.

I just bought the kindle paper white which is internally illuminated. Amazon had a sale down to 99 dollars. Works great!

Previous kindle I had in a case with a light on a telescoping arm. Much more difficult to use.

I just bought the kindle paper white which is internally illuminated. Amazon had a sale down to 99 dollars. Works great!

Previous kindle I had in a case with a light on a telescoping arm. Much more difficult to use.

YES, the Kindle paper white is wonderful....you can read in total darkness!!!

Thank you.

Exactly what others have already said... Kindle Paperwhite.

Thank you.

It is not clear if you are trying to read real books or electronic ones. If electronic, you already have lots of good suggestions.

If real, check out headlamps at any outdoor store. REI has lots of them -

http://www.rei.com/c/headlamps?s_kwcid=s3n6ZpaRt_dc|pcrid|35600969285|pkw|rei%20headlamps|pmt|e|google|main&gclid=CjwKEAjw68ufBRDt0Zmrn4W_8AwSJADcjp1cIwR2a7RCgwaFbUSCb962MPvNr4pCeIVjVfdeHG5GSBoCkHXw_wcB

DON

Thank Gosh there are NO Balcony Lights on Celebrity.

On Princess passengers leave their Balcony Lights ON just in case the Boogie Man comes out from under the bed.

Can you say annoying?? roundel_zps0a0c937a.gif

Edited by Shake

Thank Gosh there are NO Balcony Lights on Celebrity.

On Princess passengers leave their Balcony Lights ON just in case the Boogie Man comes out from under the bed.

Can you say annoying?? roundel_zps0a0c937a.gif

I agree .... I just hate it when our neighbors have left for the evening and leave their drapes open and lights on.....just ruins the ambiance on the balconies next to them....

A head lamp is a good idea as it is compact to pack and the light beam can be swiveled downward to illuminate the page. It comes in handy around the house, too!

Another idea for a non-ebook user is a battery operated clip lamp with a gooseneck--it could be attached to the back of a chair or a balcony rail. Cheap and not too bulky to pack.

Bon voyage, good reader!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I would try Aamzon. Just search for " book light", & a number of choices come up at reasonable prices.

When I saw the title of this thread I wondered how long it would take for the "light police" to chime in. Not very long. I think I have been on CC too long.

I have books stored on my smart phone. Makes it easy to access anywhere, it also syns with my IPad. Smaller to carry than a Kindle or book. Plus with variuos ear pieces I can listen to the music stored on it. If you get a E Reader make sure that it is back lit.

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I use a little LED light called the snail...I love it because it is magnetic and you can stick it on any steel, it also sticks to the wall right by our bed so I use it to get up for potty stops during the night also......heh heh....I know TMI:rolleyes:

It also has a flexible wire that you pull out that enables it to sit on any flat surface as well and another paper clip on type thing so it clips to a book, can't beat this little gem!

Get it here:

http://www.amazon.com/2-LED-Multi-Purpose-Snail-Light/dp/B002PAR4CA

Thank you.

Could take a lead light if desk near window no problem.:D

we use the little reading lights in the bathroom at night. It is better than turning on the "big" room light and getting blinded in the middle of the night.

All Celebrity S class ships have a night light .No need to turn on the big light .

Thank you.

Try this work light from Amazon. It mounts with a magnet. http://www.amazon.com/Ullman-Devices-ULLRT2LT-Rotating-Magnetic/dp/B003Y3VAYA/ref=sr_1_16?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1408749511&sr=1-16&keywords=magnetic+base+light