Has their been an increase in drunken behavior on Royal Caribbean ships.

Most people have to drink a fair amount of alcohol to get truly sloshed, which would mean RC would be losing money, which would eventually result in changes to the package. Hasn't happened yet.

I'm sure they have these things veeeery finely tuned based on how much alcohol the average person consumes and get their tidy profit.

I think most people that purchase the drink package are already pretty "seasoned" drinkers, meaning they probably were already spending enough money at other times to justify purchasing the package. It's the "there's a few in every trip" ones you gotta look out for...Especially big groups.

I, personally love the package. It allows me to try all different kinds of cocktails, fruity drinks that I wouldn't usually order otherwise. It's not always about quantity, it's quality too ;)

I must say there was a alcohol fueled incident the last night in Crown Vik. I wouldn't so much care, but ground zero was right behind my chair. [emoji32] Thankfully they moved enough past, and I left. When I was leaving there was no security on there way in. I have no idea how far it progressed. Yes it was a 4 day. Unfortunately it was over an orientation type issue that had been brewing for a good awhile. Jersey Girl was not backing off/down, and was ready to go!

I just know I need to stay out of Crown Vik towards the end of the last night. I asked my steward the next am if it made the rounds he knew nothing about it.

I must say there was a alcohol fueled incident the last night in Crown Vik. I wouldn't so much care, but ground zero was right behind my chair. [emoji32] Thankfully they moved enough past, and I left. When I was leaving there was no security on there way in. I have no idea how far it progressed. Yes it was a 4 day. Unfortunately it was over an orientation type issue that had been brewing for a good awhile. Jersey Girl was not backing off/down, and was ready to go!

I just know I need to stay out of Crown Vik towards the end of the last night. I asked my steward the next am if it made the rounds he knew nothing about it.

While unfortunate, there is no way of knowing however if this was the result of beverage package purchase consumption or just too much "pay as you go" drinking.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The only thing I saw shortly after the beverage packages come out was a guy who'd clearly had too much being overly and overtly flirtatious. It wasn't pretty.

The rest of the week, though, the guy seemed far more composed. I think he may have learned his lesson of overindulgence. :)

Usually people have a tendency to overdue the first couple of nights but then seem to find the grove the rest of the cruise.

I know that RC will speak to you if you are getting too crazy, 1 warning then the next time your off or locked in your room....GUEST CONDUCT POLICY...

In general I have not seen much of a change since the drink packages have been introduced.

Short 3-4 day cruises have always been...well more upbeat!

There have been a couple of instances where I saw people ("saw" as in they were leaning over me or pushing around me) at a bar, ordering a drink, and I could see the card with the package sticker on it. They were clearly trying to get their money's worth. :eek:

Most of the people that I met "personally" who had the package were perfectly well-behaved. ;) Most also offered to get me a drink, which I declined. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

The thing that stood out to me was the security was constantly doing detail through the pool areas to make sure everyone was playing well with others the last 2 days, but that last night they were beyond mia at crown vik, and isn't crown Vik the last place to close, so why oh why didn't they have someone station/rounds to make sure everyone was playing well with everyone! I saw security the first night up there dealing with issue.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think of the packages as being about unlimited drinking. Not at all. I'm on vacation. If I want a drink, I'll buy a drink. I think of the packages about getting a fixed price and not thinking about it.

Maybe on the three and four day cruises, that tend to attract a younger crowd (lots of college kids on the short cruise out of Florida) you might encounter this. But I'm doing Allure seven days solo next month, and I got the top tier package (premium? Ultimate? I can't keep track of the names!). It's honestly not about saving money to me. Instead, it's the fact that I don't need to once think about anything.

Heck, I imagine I'll still order some things not on the package (premium cognac, certain wines...). I'm not doing it to get sloshed, I'm doing it to make my cruise as close to all inclusive as possible.

Tl223 that is how I feel get a package paid so no shock and maybe try something new during the cruise time. Sadly the college kids weren't causing the issue. Oh well I just need to stay away from the last bar open! Thankfully my up coming cruise is 5 days and all the kids should be in school.

Never noticed anyone over served on my IOS cruise this past April. I got the Premium Package and to tell you the truth I really thought the drinks were not that strong. I did mainly drink wine and had a couple of Cosmos but never really got "drunk". Now on my past Carnival cruises I saw lots of people who were over served and it wasn't pretty.

Just wondering if there has been a increase in drunken behavior,with the introduction of Royal Caribbean drinking plans.Your opinion on this. :)

People claimed that Celebrity would be full of drunks with the free drink package being given away with the 1-2-3 promo but I don't think anyone has noticed this happening.

I would expect the same with RCCL.

Edited by MisterBill99

I, personally love the package. It allows me to try all different kinds of cocktails, fruity drinks that I wouldn't usually order otherwise. It's not always about quantity, it's quality too ;)

This is the line of thinking getting a package for DW on the upcoming trip. I'm one of those who knows from experience that I need to stay steadfast with the original drink choice. I do not respond well to mixing.

She on the other hand has that uncanny (and often hated by others) inability to get hung over despite what's imbibed or how much of it. However, she's not really sure what she likes other than Moscato, Angry Orchard, and the odd Margarita, Cosmo or Lemon Drop. "Well just order one and see..." will happen several times, I'm sure.

I have been witness to two bar fights on Royal ships, both late at night, both in the late night club - and both well before drink packages were even a glint in a revenue manager's eye. People drink. They sometimes get out of control. That's all there is to it. The shorter weekend cruises will likely attract a little more of that.

What I did notice on Majesty this past weekend is that the later it got at night (and thus, the crowd that was up late was younger) the harder it was to get a drink. In Spectrum (the club on Majesty) it took forever to get a drink past midnight. Since the bar service on the rest of the ship is so good, I have to think there was some purpose to that. And since there were something like 3 bachelor parties and at least one bachelorette party all in there, I could almost see the point.