Diamond Drink Vouchers ... Tipping Guidelines?

Who has the moral high ground here?

Person A who is polite, says please and thank you to their server.

Or

Person B who is loud and obnoxious or downright rude to the server but tips $1 to them?

The bottomline here is that a tip is not mandatory. By not giving one you are not removing anything. You can elect to add more if you are pleased with service. Some do, some don't. I think the real trolls are people who tip a buck and think it gives them the right to judge others; give me a break. I am sure other people tip better, donate more, make bigger difference, etc., than me, you, and the next guy. Do whatever you feel is proper in this situation. It isn't mandated.

And let's face facts, sometimes service isn't wonderful. It just isn't. That doesn't mean anyone needs to be rude, but it doesn't mean one needs to hand out money either.

And to the person that taught their 9 year old about looking at other peoples tips; are these 9 year olds doing percentages, or looking at credit card receipts and being nosy little snoops Give me a break. You aren't teaching your kids right from wrong, you're teaching your kids to be judgmental for a buck or two. Teaching them to give money out of a sense of guilt instead of actual service being the key ingredient. You put it out there to get the cheerleaders rah rahing; well, you have to accept the counter opinion as well. :rolleyes:

This place is insane.

Who has the moral high ground here?

Person A who is polite, says please and thank you to their server.

Or

Person B who is loud and obnoxious or downright rude to the server but tips $1 to them?

Neither one has the moral high ground. You should be polite, and tip your server.

btw I was a server during college and people who were very verbally appreciative often left the worst tips. It seems that they think if they are extra nice, that is the tip.

um, no.

Edited by marci22

Neither one has the moral high ground. You should be polite, and tip your server.

btw I was a server during college and people who were very verbally appreciative often left the worst tips. It seems that they think if they are extra nice, that is the tip.

um, no.

Cash trumps obsequious any time! :D

um, no.

No kidding. Last time I checked you can't pay bills with someone else's smile or thank you.

However please don't discount how generous I am at other times :-)

But not on ships, right?

B/c it's not just the DL perk drinks, you implied on another thread you wouldn't be one to tip over the tips included in the package. I think you advised "you can tip more if you really must" in a discussion about the 2.85 per day tip included in the new RR package price, which doesn't sound the way a super "generous" person speaks.

But not on ships, right?

B/c it's not just the DL perk drinks, you implied on another thread you wouldn't be one to tip over the tips included in the package. I think you advised "you can tip more if you really must" in a discussion about the 2.85 per day tip included in the new RR package price, which doesn't sound the way a super "generous" person speaks.

People who assume and try to 2nd guess if somebody is implying something are often incorrect :-)