MS Ryndam help please

ron1946

We are doing our first Holland America cruise on the Ryndam next year (we usually cruise on Celebrity). I suspect we'll love the size of the ship, but I'm at a loss as to which cabins I should be looking at. The least expensive "suite" is $2000 more pp than the most expensive outside cabin, and that's just too much of a difference, even though we haven't been in a not balcony cabin in probably 15 years (and we cruise a lot). Does anyone have any suggestions....Do I want a cabin that faces the promenade deck with people walking by...or do I want to be down a deck and have people walking over me :)

Please give me your thoughts....

Edited by ghstudio

Booked the January 18th cruise last week. Very surprised to see that all Suites and Verandah's are sold out already. Perhaps because of the itinerary.

Looking forward to our first HAL cruise. Can anyone tell me if the Digital Workshop and Culinary Arts Center have charges associated with them.

Also, I am wondering about children onboard. Is there an adults only area like the Carnival Serenity Areas? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this cruise March 8. Several have mentioned the port shops at Santo Tomas. Do the merchants take US$ or do you have to do a currency exchange? I've noticed that each of the three countries have different currencies, which could be an issue if not doing ship excursions. Thanks in advance.

Booked the January 18th cruise last week. Very surprised to see that all Suites and Verandah's are sold out already. Perhaps because of the itinerary.

Looking forward to our first HAL cruise. Can anyone tell me if the Digital Workshop and Culinary Arts Center have charges associated with them.

Also, I am wondering about children onboard. Is there an adults only area like the Carnival Serenity Areas? Thanks in advance.

No charge for the Digital Workshop. CAC is free for demos but there is a $29 charge for culinary classes with the PG chef. This is limited to 12 people and includes lunch with wine.

Children onboard are usually kept busy in Club HAL. There is no adults only area. Usually the aft pool is for adults but some have reported that children have been allowed in the aft pool on some ships.

You never forget your first!!! She was such a wonderful ship and enjoyed her sooo much. We did our 15 day cruise from San Diego round trip to Hawaii, and The Sea of Cortez. Loved the moment we stepped on her!

3STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B Western/Eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015