Constellation

Belle Epoque

I have been a fan of the forum for some time and valued everyone's contributions and insights into cruising. However I have only recently become a member and this is my very first post!!! I was reading member reviews of Constellation and they seem to be a very mixed bag. We have only ever sailed on S class ships: Eclipse, Solstice and Silhouette and loved them all. This is our first venture on M class partly because we wanted to experience a different kind of Celebrity ship and because it was last minute and looked a very good deal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have been a fan of the forum for some time and valued everyone's contributions and insights into cruising. However I have only recently become a member and this is my very first post!!! I was reading member reviews of Constellation and they seem to be a very mixed bag. We have only ever sailed on S class ships: Eclipse, Solstice and Silhouette and loved them all. This is our first venture on M class partly because we wanted to experience a different kind of Celebrity ship and because it was last minute and looked a very good deal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Constellation is one of my favorite ships. I have four future cruises on Connie starting with the Transatlantic this November. The two Captains who rotate command every three months are among the most popular. Both Captain Tasos and Captain Nicholas are very passenger friendly and set a tone for the rest of the ship. They have two specialty restaurants that are worth a visit. Ask if you have specific questions and concerns.

I think the M class ships are the nicest around. I would not be afraid to go on them. We are going for 17 days next year. I just wish they did not add the cabins on deck 11 and take away part of the lounge for the teen club.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

I think the M class ships are the nicest around. I would not be afraid to go on them. We are going for 17 days next year. I just wish they did not add the cabins on deck 11 and take away part of the lounge for the teen club.

Don't have teens and love Aqua Class on Connie. Those deck 11 A1 cabins are wonderful. Guess we all look at different things based on our preferences and stage of life.

Some recent reviews skew to the neg in terms of the ship's condition and service and added number of pax,

But we are looking forward to a break from S class....we are not expecting a brand new ship and are glad we booked AQ..new shower and BLU when we sail on her for a short Carib cruise this winter...

Have not been on her for many yrs....love M class solarium area.

Did you sail on them before the alteration? Less people on board and more open space. Ship felt more luxurious to me. Its OK now but I liked it better before.

The original ship did not have Bistro on 5 and Tuscan Grille. The most recent renovations included adding cabins to deck 11 and deck 3. Miss the Cinema on Deck 3. Yes, public space has been reduced, but overall I like what they've done. The ship is still very comfortable. There are still a number of fairly quiet, private spaces. Celebrity is not alone in creating more revenue space. The industry is very bottom line driven.

We have sailed on both S class and M class ships and we like both for their own unique styles. We just sailed the Constellation in June and thought it was in great shape, plus the captain and staff were wonderful. One of our favorite ships!

Thanks to everyone for their responses, it is clear Constellation is much loved.

We are looking forward to our cruise and the new experience of a M class ship.

It will also be our first time in Aqua (deck 11) so all round lots to look forward to.

Thanks to everyone for their responses, it is clear Constellation is much loved.

We are looking forward to our cruise and the new experience of a M class ship.

It will also be our first time in Aqua (deck 11) so all round lots to look forward to.

You should really enjoy your AQ cabin. I like the seating area outside some cabins. Just a nice space to sit. Blu is wonderful on Connie. Look for JP or Shayla. They are fantastic waiters.

Hi BELLE ÉPOQUE,

Welcome to CC and the Celebrity Forum.

We sailed The Solstice in 2012, and we loved her. We were a little nervous about booking our next cruise on The Summit, but we loved the Itinerary.

I too was concerned about the variety of posts here about M-Class vs S-Class*... Especially so cause we loved The Solstice so much !!

In the end our Southern Caribbean Cruise on The Summit was awesome.

Yes there are some differences between the 2 classes of ships... Part of this can be attributed to med vs large, and their being built about 10 years apart.

But the thugs we absolutely loved about Celebrity was there... Wonderful people, great service, the intuitiveness, good food & wine, onboard experiences etc.

That just is Celebrity... very transportable.

Sure the layouts between the M-Class & S-Class Ships are somewhat different... But again enough of the familiar to work (venues like Oceanview Cafe - Cafe al Bacio - Bistro on 5 - Martini Bar etc), and then a few new things that make the ship interesting / endearing in her own right (the Aft Elevators - the T-Pool of which I cannot say enough good stuff about etc)

Celebrity came thru for us... So we have booked some more cruises with them... Now we know what to expect we have no worries... We just book based on Itinerary and Timing / Cost... Ship really isn't a huge issue at all.

Our next 2 cruises are on M-Class Ships...

Connie in December for a Caribbean Cruise (we will be Aqua Class for the first time... Looking forward to that), and then The Summit next Spring to Bermuda.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

* I've come to the conclusion that the positive thing is that those who post here are generally Celebrity Fans... Some so much so that they don't cruise other lines. Some folks have been Celebrity Fans for decades. Like anything in life some have preferences based on their spot in time or history. It would be easy perhaps for some to be most drawn to the series of Ship they first cruised on / fell in love with. But I think overall, the basis is the same... When all things are said & done they are Celebrity Fans first & foremost.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Constellation is still our favourite ship having been on board more than I can remember and booked again for the Transatlantic next year.

The size, ease of movement throughout the ship, lounges are preferable to Solstice class. Solstice class are more visually stunning and the buffet area better designed and offer an increased number of alternative dining areas but M-class will always be home for us.

We were on the Connie in August and have nothing but good things to say about her. An M-Class ship is definitely different than an S-Class ship but both are nice. If you absolutely love everything about an S-Class ship and expect to find the same on an M-Class you will be disappointed, but if you look at both as wonderful ships you'll be pleased.

After sailing 3 S-Class ships in a row it was nice to get back to an M-Class. For our next cruise we will happily sail whichever class ship has the itinerary we are looking for.

Sailing on Connie in October. My first cruise on M class, although I have sailed on Century and loved it, so I am sure I will like the Constellation.

Does anyone have any opinion as to whether it is better to book concierge cabins on deck 7,8, or 9? I am in a guarantee and just wanted to know if there are any concierge cabins to definitely stay away from.

Thanks for any insight.