Oasis....How late can we self disembark?

Can anyone tell me the time frame to self disembark and is the process easy on the Oasis? We haven't done this in a long time and I remember just a mass of people with luggage waiting to get off the ship when we did this on other ships.

We are doing the 2 night Oasis so I'm sure there will be more self disembarking since we don't need to pack much.

If it's going to be packed and crazy to do this, we'll just get luggage tags and put our luggage out the night before.

Can anyone tell me the time frame to self disembark and is the process easy on the Oasis? We haven't done this in a long time and I remember just a mass of people with luggage waiting to get off the ship when we did this on other ships.

We are doing the 2 night Oasis so I'm sure there will be more self disembarking since we don't need to pack much.

If it's going to be packed and crazy to do this, we'll just get luggage tags and put our luggage out the night before.

Attached to this post is a recent Oasis departure flyer with time schedule:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43194396&postcount=2

Edited by clarea

2 nights? That's hardly worth the effort. about 9:30am is when they want you gone.

Thanks for the reply about time but what is effort for some isn't for others. We live 10 minutes from the port and have been on Oasis before. Any vaca no matter how small is not an effort for us. To each there own is a great philosophy to live by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by brenderlou

2 nights? That's hardly worth the effort. about 9:30am is when they want you gone.

We are cruising on the 2 nighter, as well. Taking great effort by flying in and staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale. Spending a lot of money, too! :D

brenderlou - I read awhile back that we could stay on the ship as late as 10:00 or so, or until the last of the passengers are called for disembarkation to customs. That's what we are planning, but with so many staying on for the transatlantic, and so many carrying their small bags off, the ship may clear faster than normal and the "last call" for passengers may come earlier.

I think it best to be ready to leave by 9:30...maybe sooner. We are going to eat breakfast in the dining room, freshen up, and then vacant our stateroom. We will do one last walk around the ship, perhaps lounge for a bit until that "call" comes for us to leave. :( Our flight is not until 1:45.

Brenderlou, as we did on Majesty last weekend we asked for the earliest departure for self departure but then went off the ship at about 9 AM. As long as your tag has been called you can leave the ship anytime after that. The reason they are so concerned about leaving when your tag is called, when you're not using express departure, is because your bags may not be in the carousels yet. We asked our state room attendant what was the latest time we could leave without screwing up his schedule. And that's how we decided when to get off the ship.

Maybe we will see you this weekend, but for sure on the Liberty!

Cb stop being a downer! :-) Yes it's two days but I can't cruise for seven right now and I want to experience Oasis.

We are cruising on the 2 nighter, as well. Taking great effort by flying in and staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale. Spending a lot of money, too! :D

I think it best to be ready to leave by 9:30...maybe sooner. We are going to eat breakfast in the dining room, freshen up, and then vacant our stateroom. We will do one last walk around the ship, perhaps lounge for a bit until that "call" comes for us to leave. :( Our flight is not until 1:45.

Perhaps someone can post and give an answer, but I didn't think the dining room was open for breakfast on disembarkation day. Choices were more limited than a normal day as far as I remember.

Perhaps someone can post and give an answer, but I didn't think the dining room was open for breakfast on disembarkation day. Choices were more limited than a normal day as far as I remember.

Dining room is open for breakfast on the last morning...it usually open's earlier...but it's open...

Dining room is open on disembarkation day. See the hours in the flyer linked in post #2.

Cb stop being a downer! :-) Yes it's two days but I can't cruise for seven right now and I want to experience Oasis.

You have to understand. Anything that doesn't fit her criteria, whether it be what type of dining to select, where to eat breakfast, which pool to frequent or how long a cruise should be to make it "worth the effort", is simply "wrong" Consider the source and enjoy whatever cruise you can afford or fit into your schedule:)

Dining room is open on disembarkation day. See the hours in the flyer linked in post #2.

Thanks for the information. We had a quick breakfast at the Park Cafe around 8:00 - thought the dining room was closed.

We waited in the dining room on deck 5 to depart (had luggage valet and was told we couldn't leave until 8:00, plus family with us had an 8:30 departure call). Dining room was all closed up - as flyer indicated, it closed at 8:00 a.m.

We didn't even have any coffee/juice - already gone! Even though flyer indicated it would be available during departure.

Departed ship around 8:30 or 8:45. Thanks for the posting.

If you are referring to departing taking your own luggage off, the latest time we had to be off the ship this past Saturday was 7:45. That was a 7 night cruise. I don't know if it is a different time for a shorter cruise.

BTW, I would without a doubt take my own luggage off in the future. We were off the ship and done with customs in less than 20 minutes.

Kate

10 - 10:30 is about the latest to walk off, with or without your own bags makes no difference in that regards. If you are eating in dining room check the schedule because it opens and closes earlier than other days. Without being in a rush, and being able to sit down for a nice breakfast, we generally are able to disembark around 9:30AM.

Have fun on the 2 nighter. Ain't got no time for sleep on that!

Thanks for the information. We had a quick breakfast at the Park Cafe around 8:00 - thought the dining room was closed.

We waited in the dining room on deck 5 to depart (had luggage valet and was told we couldn't leave until 8:00, plus family with us had an 8:30 departure call). Dining room was all closed up - as flyer indicated, it closed at 8:00 a.m.

We didn't even have any coffee/juice - already gone! Even though flyer indicated it would be available during departure.

Departed ship around 8:30 or 8:45. Thanks for the posting.

If you are referring to departing taking your own luggage off, the latest time we had to be off the ship this past Saturday was 7:45. That was a 7 night cruise. I don't know if it is a different time for a shorter cruise.

BTW, I would without a doubt take my own luggage off in the future. We were off the ship and done with customs in less than 20 minutes.

Kate

Breakfast is from 6:00 or 6:30am to 8:00am.:)

Last time to debark with luggage in hand may have been posted as 7:45, but you can go anytime. ;) For this cruise, we will have only hand luggage. Last time for disembarking and gathering your luggage in the warehouse is normally 10:30am.

We have tried all ways, and all times. The worse lately has been at Port Everglades because of low numbers of custom employees. Plan on at least a 20 minute wait, no matter what time you disembark. :rolleyes: We waited almost an hour in customs last March when we disembarked around 9:00 from a Celebrity cruise.

Edited by Iamthesea

I would not book a 2 night cruise personally but telling someone else it isnt worth THEIR effort is absurd :rolleyes:

Typical of the poster though. It doesnt fit her agenda so its wrong. Dont expect a reply back either.

We just got off the Oasis on Saturday. We had no choice but to do the walk off because we had an early flight home. You can start getting off as early at 6:30 as long as the ship has cleared customs. They give you up to 8:00. We left our cabin at 7:45 and were in the airport at our gate by 8:30. Don't know if this was rare but exceptionally convenient and easy. I will do my own walk off from here on out. :)

You have to understand. Anything that doesn't fit her criteria, whether it be what type of dining to select, where to eat breakfast, which pool to frequent or how long a cruise should be to make it "worth the effort", is simply "wrong" Consider the source and enjoy whatever cruise you can afford or fit into your schedule:)

Yes, I have seen the same attitude with that poster on other threads, has to throw in a zinger if is doesn't make sense. What a way to live...:confused:

Since I suspect there will be mostly self disembarks this particular trip, I am guessing the later we get off, the longer we will wait for customs. Thankfully it will be Labor Day. The only place I need to go is home for a nap :)

Edited by MattInFLL

Since I suspect there will be mostly self disembarks this particular trip, I am guessing the later we get off, the longer we will wait for customs. Thankfully it will be Labor Day. The only place I need to go is home for a nap :)

I hope Labor Day doesn't mean a shortage of labor from customs. :eek:

I read a review last night from a recent Oasis cruiser. He posted the disembarkation times, and 10:45 was the last call. Again, I believe that the ship will clear faster this time with the lack of luggage to handle, and they may want us off earlier. :( Still planning on our 9:30 - 10:00 time frame, giving us an hour to get off and through customs. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to catch cab and get to the airport. Our flight leaves at 1:45. We cannot check in more than an hour earlier, so no need to rush.

I hear ya!!! We live about 10 minutes north of the port. A nice relaxing day at home before back to the grind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app