Regal Princess Night Sky Lounge

azdmelani

Well they finally figured out a way to charge for a deck party. I wonder if I can bring the light up glasses that I purchased for my kids at the free Caribbean Princess deck party, which also had a D.J. and passengers drinking cocktails in the hot tubs.:rolleyes: I know other lines charge for entrainment but at least you are getting acts like the Blue Man Group.

• 1 year later...
Does this still exist? Did it ever happen and what was the nominal fee? Just curious :)

Yes, it is happening - or at least was on our Regal sailing Oct-Nov 2015. No entrance fee at all, DJ played by the pool and some internally lit colored lights around the pool and tables lit from underneath was essentially the "club" atmosphere. The first night was weak and small crowd, but the second one was much better as apparently more folks had found the Retreat Pool during the daytime so came out at night..it helped that the second one was Halloween too!

So yes, free and still happening in good weather. Interesting, and how fun it is will depend on the crowd any given sailing...

My guess the nominal fee is for crowd control. That pool area is not huge and by imposing a fee you can control how many are there. On the new NCL Escape the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville, which was a free venue flipped to ala carte pricing 2 weeks into the ship arriving in Miami...reason...2 hour waits to eat there.

Yes, it is happening - or at least was on our Regal sailing Oct-Nov 2015. No entrance fee at all, DJ played by the pool and some internally lit colored lights around the pool and tables lit from underneath was essentially the "club" atmosphere. The first night was weak and small crowd, but the second one was much better as apparently more folks had found the Retreat Pool during the daytime so came out at night..it helped that the second one was Halloween too!

So yes, free and still happening in good weather. Interesting, and how fun it is will depend on the crowd any given sailing...

Good to know they dropped the fee... We will probably check it out for something different. I enjoyed the white party on a RCI cruise last year so I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the info.

We were on the Dec 13th sailing and they had it one night. It was actually very nice. It did rain some at the beginning (everybody was under the bar cover)..then when it stopped it was very nice. Some people were actually taking a dip. The music and lighting was very cool....and there was no cover charge or mention of a cover charge.

Never saw it in our Regal cruise.

When was your cruise on Regal, Keith?

It was on ours in November - it was on the 2nd night of our 5-nighter and on Wednesday night (St Thomas) on the second leg (a full 7-nighter). It was on the same night as the Caribbean Nights Deck Party (9:30pm Open Deck/Fountains) and was held at 11:30pm @ Retreat Pool. Locations are from the regular 7-nighter. The Night Sky Lounge is advertised as "Keep the party going with DJ xxxxxx".

Edited by steelers36