Suite only Resturant

Pet

I see that by April 2015 there is to be a suite only restaurant introduced. We are booked on the Solstice in Sept 15 so should be able to take advantage of this facility if we so desire.

Does anyone know how it will differ from the MDR? For example, will it have its own menus; open or traditional seating arrangements with small and large tables; complementary wines or other such incentives? Would we be able to use the MDR if we wished instead? Given that those in the top end suites are entitled to unlimited complementary speciality dining I would have thought that it was unlikely the majority of these guests would want to make use of this facility if the SRs continue to offer an enhanced dining experience.

Personally, if it is just a roped off area of the MDR with tables for two I would rather stick to our normal 2nd sitting on a table with a number of other guests to talk to. Any comments much appreciated.

I see that by April 2015 there is to be a suite only restaurant introduced. We are booked on the Solstice in Sept 15 so should be able to take advantage of this facility if we so desire.

Does anyone know how it will differ from the MDR? For example, will it have its own menus; open or traditional seating arrangements with small and large tables; complementary wines or other such incentives? Would we be able to use the MDR if we wished instead? Given that those in the top end suites are entitled to unlimited complementary speciality dining I would have thought that it was unlikely the majority of these guests would want to make use of this facility if the SRs continue to offer an enhanced dining experience.

Personally, if it is just a roped off area of the MDR with tables for two I would rather stick to our normal 2nd sitting on a table with a number of other guests to talk to. Any comments much appreciated.

From what has been posted by Celebrity it will be in a separate restaurant. Much more upscale than MDR or Blu. More like a specialty restaurant. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Will feature more local cuisine and use local products, so certainly not massed produced meals. My guess is that it will be a strong draw for Suites and we are already seeing higher prices. You might want to review the press releases.

No one knows very much as Celebrity has not shared menu`s or table set ups. I would think it will be a lot like Blu. All type of seating. I`m sure the menu will be every bit as nice as Specialty dine. It will be on the top deck of the main dining room opposite Select dine. I would think you would still be able to use MDR to sit with others that are not in a suite. I look forward to dining there on April 11th on the Summit. I will let you know any details at that time.

Hopefully the new " suite " restaurant will be a true departure from Celebrity's current stale offerings. The current menus haven't changed appreciably in over five years. The same 14 day revolving menu. The specialty restaurants aren't all that special for 45$ pp either.

At almost $1000 per night for a suite during 2015 European sailings, it better be really good. At that price they are now competing with the luxury lines like Seabourn, Crystal, Silver sea etc....that's a really tough comparison. Their food is in an entirely different class..

I would think Zenith will be allowed to dine there as well.

Not at this time. Told it could possible happen later, but a $40-$50 surcharge for dinner. Personally would like to see it handled like Blu for Suites. $5.00 charge on a space available basis. Or, perhaps even $10 if it's good.

Edited by Orator

From the original release PDF:

When will renderings of the new Suite Class exclusive restaurant be available?

We anticipate May 2014.

When will sample menus for the new Suite Class exclusive restaurant be available?

Our new Suite Class exclusive restaurant’s offerings will be quite exciting and enticing. We anticipate having sample menus available by Fall 2014.

Not seen any 'renderings' yet! Will we see the sample menu's this fall?

We are all just guessing now. However, I would "assume" that as some have said it is like eating in a private speciality restaurant daily- s/b much more upscale then the MDR and Blu, with higher quality food (let's see!). However, if you take a decent cabin-that is CC, AQ or balcony cabin, and buy the unlimited speciality restaurant only package, you still spend significantly less then if you booked even a sky suite. In fact, you can get two connecting balcony cabins, get the unlimited speciality restaurant package and spend less for two people! You will also have two bathrooms and ample storage!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I would think Zenith will be allowed to dine there as well.

As far as I know Zenith members are not allowed to eat in the Blu unless that are in AC or a suite, so I do not believe they will. Are Zenith members allowed unlimited free speciality dining? I would think it would be the same.

Given that those in the top end suites are entitled to unlimited complementary speciality dining I would have thought that it was unlikely the majority of these guests would want to make use of this facility if the SRs continue to offer an enhanced dining experience.

No, this is not a correct assumption. The new suite restaurant is a huge draw for us. We started eating exclusively in the specialty restaurants in 2009 and the experience has become very jaded.

Edited by Project_gal

As far as I know Zenith members are not allowed to eat in the Blu unless that are in AC or a suite, so I do not believe they will. Are Zenith members allowed unlimited free speciality dining? I would think it would be the same.

Zenith benefits do not include speciality dining other than a 25% discount. I believe that the Zenith benefits are great just the way they are. However, don't know anyone at any level who would turn down additional perks.