Balcony floor question.

This is probably a silly question but...

Would you prefer to be in a balcony on the 7th floor or the 10th floor? Both of them are forward on the left side of the Freedom of the Seas :)

Would it be considered an "upgrade" or "downgrade" if I went from a category E1 to an E2?

Thanks for your help!!

Would you prefer to be in a balcony on the 7th floor or the 10th floor? Both of them are forward on the left side of the Freedom of the Seas :)

Would it be considered an "upgrade" or "downgrade" if I went from a category E1 to an E2?

Thanks for your help!!

I would prefer deck 7 instead of deck 10, because of potential noise from the pool on deck 11.

Thanks for your help!!

I find very little difference between E's other than location...if at all possible you should hope for a midship cabin.

I may be wrong but I'm assuming the cabin your considering (E catagory as there are only 2 I believe) on deck #10 will be under the Spa/Fitness Center and not really under the pool area. So given that..it just depends on where you plan on spending your time and what is convenient to that area of the ship. Either location will be fine.

Edited by Ashland

I would choose deck 10, since I spend most of my time at the pool....1 easy flight of stairs...no elevators needed! I know folks freak out about "noise"...but EVERY cabin will have some noise of some sort. The world is not quiet. A thump now an again is not a vacation ruiner for me! Ease of access enhances my week!

I would choose deck 10, since I spend most of my time at the pool....1 easy flight of stairs...no elevators needed! I know folks freak out about "noise"...but EVERY cabin will have some noise of some sort. The world is not quiet. A thump now an again is not a vacation ruiner for me! Ease of access enhances my week!

Agree - I like to be able to quickly take the stairs to get topside. On the other hand, I also love fresh coffee and snacks and on Deck 7 you can easily go two flights down to the Promenade Cafe. I wouldn't hate either location - have a good trip.

I don't agree that every cabin has "noise". Certainly all cabins will have occasional sounds....people in the hall, a neighbor moving a chair on the balcony, etc. But, that is very different from an annoying, daily noise, such as the sounds of the pool deck being washed down every night and hundreds of chairs being moved about, or the pounding of a drum beat coming from a dance club well into the wee hours of the morning, or a service elevator banging with laundry carts, or the vibrations coming from the propellers, or the anchors or pier tie downs being lowered or raised, etc.

Some noises are better than others. Me, personally, I dislike scraping and pounding sounds, and vibrations, we strive to find cabins that will give us as much peace and quiet as is available on a ship. Generally we do pretty well. :)

Our preference is a deck with cabins above and below. And mid ship to forward, away from ship vibrations.