New Princess sale coming

caribill

Three-for-free Princess sale starts Wednesday.

For Alaska, Europe, Japan

o Free Room Upgrades (Sail in the best stateroom available for the lowest fare within selected stateroom type)

o Free Shore Excursion Spending Money -- $50 to $100 for first two people in a cabin, $25 to $50 for next two people in cabin.

o Free Spending Money -- $25 to $50 for first two people in a cabin, $15 to $30 for next two people in cabin.

Edited by caribill

Three-for-free Princess sale starts Wednesday.

For Alaska, Europe, Japan

o Free Room Upgrades (Sail in the best stateroom available for the lowest fare within selected stateroom type)

o Free Shore Excursion Spending Money -- $50 to $100 for first two people in a cabin, $25 to $50 for next two people in cabin.

o Free Spending Money -- $25 to $50 for first two people in a cabin, $15 to $30 for next two people in cabin.

Caribbean Sale started today

Thats an interesting change in wording...free Shore Excursion money AND free Spending money? It all goes to the same place in your account unless they are going to actually enforce using the Shorex credit for Shorex.

Terry

My guess is that now they can enforce it as the shore excursions can now be prepaid.

They had a similar promotion last year for this season's Alaska run. I was on their first voyage (Coral) in May. The "free" specialty restaurant offer went horribly wrong. Several non-qualified passengers were given vouchers that were retracted. Some didn't even know they were entitled. As for me, I received a voucher that said it was from my travel agent AND an assigned time for Sabatini's. We turned in our travel agent's voucher for credit and then was charged for Sabatini's. After much consternation and dealing with too many (nice) customer service personnel that had no clue, I was able to speak to a staff member who cleared it all up. She did say that there were many "mistakes".

Could this be the reason that they have changed the wording? I did take advantage of the excursion OBC but not the cabin upgrade because I wanted a specific cabin for a b2b2b voyage.

It was a good promotion.

Combined with an excessive amount of cruise for free credits, I had a wonderful 18 days aboard the Coral Princess. I am hoping they bring back this promotion this fall.

Edited by cr8tiv1

Does anyone have the link to the sale? Thanks!!

The Caribbean Sale is on the Princess site right now and I doubt the others won't be up until the sale begins on Wednesday....however your TA may have advance information.

My guess is that now they can enforce it as the shore excursions can now be prepaid.

Is this new pre paying princess excursions... This was always a + with princes that u didn't have to pay b4 boarding?

Lucky cruisers whose prices went down. Our 1/18 cruise on the Royal hasn't gone down a dime. In fact, they've lowered the onboard credit amount!

My upcoming coastal on the Golden has gone up 77% (!) since I booked, and they've also eliminated the OBC that had been offered altogether.

Fine print:

‡ Free shore excursion credit of $200 per stateroom ($100 per person) applies to Europe and Japan voyages and $50 per 3rd and 4th berth guests, and $100 per stateroom ($50 per person) for Alaska and $25 per 3rd and 4th berth guests for cruises advertised in this promotion only. A credit in the respective dollar amount will be posted to your stateroom account upon embarkation. This credit may be used for any excursion purchased during your cruise, including any that were pre-reserved online. Credit may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of that voyage. Any unused credit will be applied toward the stateroom account balance when balance is equal to or exceeds amount of credit. Offer is not transferable and may not be combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits. Shore Excursion credit is quoted in U.S. dollars.

Edited by Coral

Is this new pre paying princess excursions... This was always a + with princes that u didn't have to pay b4 boarding?

As far as them having the amount due for payment pop up on the personalizer under payments/credits it is.

Last week was the first time I have seen it.

I am in the UK and our version of the offer specifically says it applies only to people resident in he UK. It is not offered on all cruises, only those marked as having the deal.

Although the offer starts on Monday, I was able to get it today.

I booked late Thursday evening, for Christmas 2015, and saw the offer today, which the flyer said takes effect from 1st September. In the case of our booking, the advertised price had gone up by £12.58 per person, which made it a good deal, so I phoned and asked whether or not I needed to cancel and re-book.

The person I spoke to said that would not be necessary and was able to change my booking whilst I was on the phone.

My final invoice went up by £25.16 but for that we got 200 mins of wi-fi (in addition to our Captain's Circle wi-fi) and we each got $100 of OBC. We could also have had the lowest grade balcony for the price of the lowest grade un obstructed ocean view, but that was not relevant to our booking.

We booked last year with this type of offer for Alaska. Before the final payment was due, the TA rechecked the price and found a price drop swamped the credits from the 3 for free. Giving up the 'credits' was a no brainer. I would rather have flexibility and save money.

I know it is possible the price drop may not happen, but keep your head up.

I don't yet have a TA to speak to so could someone tell me to which cruises/dates this deal applies?

Thank you!

Kristen

If you go to the Princess site you will see the Caribbean Sale toggle, click on it and it will list the cruises that the promotion applies to.

I don't yet have a TA to speak to so could someone tell me to which cruises/dates this deal applies?

Thank you!

Kristen

pretty much all the cruises in September.

Look for the 4 & 5 day ones, but the biggest deals are on the non-advertised 9 day ones on September 20 & 25, $200 obc pp

For newbies, Princess always has one sale or another. We laugh at the flyers and emails which show up at least once a week. The question is not if Princess has a sale but if it is good enough to make booking worth while. For those of us who book off holidays at work and fly to a port, few of the sales are practical to jump at.