5 Adults in a Grand Suite

Beaferd

Another vote for two connecting, less expensive cabins. Have the cabin steward remove the balcony divider, and you'll have more space both inside and out. The real clincher, though, will be having two bathrooms.

Personally, I think I'd go one step further: I'd reserve a room far forward near the spa/gym so that a couple people could use those showers. And/or I'd look carefully at the floorplan and choose a room relatively near a public restroom appropriate for the predominant gender staying in the room. This would get you "more bathroom" simply by choosing your location carefully.

The bathrooms in the GS are quite a bit bigger we never had a problem with 2 of us in one. You will also have the makeup area near the bed. Also, we have used the shower in the ladie's or men's locker room which are great and really big. However, 5 is a GS...I can't imagine. For the person going on Allure is a GS...be warned that the GS on that class is a LOT smaller than other classes. I know someone mentioned that but it is really true. We had 4 of us, dh, myself and 2 grown daughters and it was still fun but incredibly close in that class! We thought it was more the size of a JS on other ships. If you are extremely close family I am sure you can make it work...you are on vacation after all and the GS is a "sweet" cabin. Just be prepared to be really close for that cruise. Whatever you do, you will have a great time. Make it an adventure and get creative with the space if you have to.

If necessary husband and wife or mother and daughter could be in the bathroom for a short time together if necessary.

sure. if one of them was in the shower and willing to wait dripping wet until the other left the room.

quite frankly it surprises me that they actually allow that many to book into a GS in the first place. . I agree that any more than 3 is pushing it. and even then the third needs to be a younger child.

A bathroom in a GS on Navigator is plenty large for two people who aren't concerned about privacy to share. There are two sinks, toilet, and regular tub and room to get around.

Not sure I would do 5 in the room, but if they have done 4 in another room they know what they are getting into I guess.

We had three adults and two kids in a OS on Mariner a few years ago. Last month we had two adults on an GS with the kids in an inside across the hall. It was actually less expensive than four in the GS.

For me it would depend on the cost. I wouldn't pay more for 5 in a GS over two rooms.

I'll see if I can find some room pictures.

I didn't think you could book 5 adults in a GS. DH and I have had GS a few times and it's great for the two of us. I can't imagine more especially sharing the bathroom. It takes the two of us just over an hour to get ready for dinner (showering, etc). With 5 adults, someone will have to start getting ready while everyone else is ashore or poolside, etc. To me that isn't a relaxing vacation.

I agree with the others......5 adults in one cabin with only one bathroom is not something I would do. better to get 2 connecting balcony or jr suite cabins.

Besides the beds are uncomfortable but the sofa bed and rollaway are not. How do you decide who gets the uncomfortable beds??

Sorry........I meant to say the beds are comfortable but the sofa bed is not. I must have not had enough coffee when I typed that.

I cannot imagine this happening without causing some conflict.

The suite maybe big enough for 5, but only one bathroom, and who decides who sleeps where, and who knows what else could cause conflict. Some maybe early to bed others could be night owls.

If you do it, write a review, I would love to know how it turns out.

Good luck

Sea Ya